Author Topic: The kicking of attackers at Maras Castle  (Read 5822 times)

Offline Hobb

• Earl
  • Renown: 489
  • Infamy: 96
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TKoV
Re: The kicking of attackers at Maras Castle
« Reply #45 on: March 02, 2013, 09:58:47 pm »
+2
We clarified these rules like a year ago with Meow, cmp, whoever else so the NA admin team knew what was up.  I remember kicking a bunch of EU fallen for doing this same shit in an NA strat battle.  The rage and entitlement was hilarious.  BUT ON EU WE CAN DO THIS EVERY TIME..

Perhaps the EU admin team is biased as fuck in general?

Ya this happened to our castle last strat when fallen attacked it. Without means to get inside the castle asmins kicked the "leeching/delaying" attackers since i wouldnt let my guys go out and kill them.

Here is my idea for the rule for this: defenders only goal is to protect flags, and as long as their flags are still up no action the defense does is delaying. This only applies for defense however, so for any instance in strat if both sides are unwilling to engage, attackers must make a move to either engage enemy or their flags. If the attackers are unwilling or unable to do this, they get kicked.

This rule solves everything, and is easy to employ.

Offline DaveUKR

• Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 242
  • cRPG Player
  • Small rain lays great dust
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 02, 2013, 09:59:02 pm »

Heh, funny. Kinda similar to going up a stairway one by one and getting killed by the attackers who are camping up the tower wouldn't you say?

Why are you even talking about this? I wasn't there when I don't even know who did this. If somebody didn't get caught on doing something wrong that's not players' fault but admins'. There was a siege when I was the last defender hiding on the roof with my crossbows. I was forced to get down by admins, even though attackers didn't have a ladder long enough to reach me. So what now? I didn't have a chance to win there so it doesn't matter. You guys got kicked, enemy didn't lose 30 tickets, big deal?

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 02, 2013, 10:05:07 pm »
Why are you even talking about this? I wasn't there when I don't even know who did this. If somebody didn't get caught on doing something wrong that's not players' fault but admins'.
I am talking about that because that is the entire point of this thread :rolleyes:. The admins didn't do jack shit about that, while they should have, but now it concerned their clans losing tickets it suddenly was no problem for them to act.

Offline phnxhdsn

• Earl
  • Renown: 355
  • Infamy: 29
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Byzantium / Vanguard / DMG
  • Game nicks: Phoenix, Mangudai
« Reply #48 on: March 02, 2013, 10:14:48 pm »
Just going to throw my point of view out here..

It's not the fact that you kicked us all resulting in the loss of 40 tickets and that you could of jumped down but i agree it was stupid that you were losing half your health points sometimes as its hard to be pinpoint with your jumps - All castles really need open-able and closeable gate so that attackers can come out if they want to but if it was realistic they shouldn't have to anyways but unfortunately  it's Crpg not real life.

The thing which annoys me is that I clearly remember about a month ago that in a siege battle of Uxhal about 20 of your troops clambered into a tower with mauls, etc and the Uxhal defenders (including oneself) wasted around 100 tickets slowly killing off your last remaining stragglers who were camping and yet could of walked out and fought instead of delaying without being kicked even though im sure there were admins on the attackers side and none on the defenders side unfortunately as UIF has no admins and no one like Ujin in Byzantium was on to discuss whether they should be kicked or not. But the thing which actually annoys me is that you are contradicting yourself majorly by being biased as far as i can see by having the only admins on your side and not kicking when your the last stragglers and only kicking when we have stragglers who did not have a choice of fighting as your team did not come out and play.

Could have sworn I saw an attacker or two constantly getting ladders from the weapon rack and dropping them unused on the ground, had quite a big pile in the end
And yes towards the end we were spawning with as many items and ladders as possible and dropping/dieing with them as you do to lower the amount the enemy receives but again in Crpg, items disappear after an extended period of time so we had no ladders to use. - as some have said attackers who retreat should just lose all their forces but maybe not lose those tickets which are still active or maybe they should as they were doomed anyway? but realistically they would kill off some of the defenders troops and the way it is now is the most realistic as attackers would have to leave a couple men behind to cover their escape and it should be the defenders responsibility to hunt them down as we have in the past which has cost us but it's not like hundreds of years ago they could just delete people who were either hiding in a tower or stuck outside a castle with no way in. And yet again the contradiction with the abuse of admin Powa to favor ones team is what annoyed me and that we didn't get to try and take as many kills at the end which the attackers have done in the past.

I just hope from this forum we can all (especially admins) gather what to do in a predicament like this.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Jacu

• Count
  • Renown: 214
  • Infamy: 78
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Jacu_the_Grey
« Reply #49 on: March 02, 2013, 10:24:06 pm »
we always must kill them... never mind they camp in tower, they are on spawn or they only running.... but this behaviour from admins side it isnt new in my opinion, we are only UiF.... bless you admins

Offline Everkistus

• Marshall
  • Renown: 987
  • Infamy: 108
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • No good deed goes unpunished
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Everkistus
  • IRC nick: Everkistus
« Reply #50 on: March 02, 2013, 10:55:07 pm »
If you think this is about admin abuse, please use my thread in admin feedback to discuss it. I made the call to kick attackers as the senior admin in there, so I call responsibility for this. However, I'd take the same course of action even if it was clanmates camping when the battle timer is at -6 and I've got other stuff to do.

Offline Izatopia

• Baron
  • Renown: 99
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 02, 2013, 10:55:41 pm »
alright man up teeth its the same thing when the last guy cant get reached so he have to jump down in this case the defenders had no chance to jump down due to a long jump a a swarm which would kill the survivors.

common sence is common.

apparently you have to bring this up because you feel cheated in some way, well dont.

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 02, 2013, 11:00:57 pm »
+1
The thing is he's not talking about this incident being abuse.  Just he noticed a trend in the "bloc" of EU Strategus bullshit that influences everyone's attitudes towards each other that lots of people selectively enforce things.  I recall Fallen EU players feeling more or less entitled to camp as attackers in any siege they were in and massive rage/downvoting my feedback thread (ever wonder why it had so many lol) when I kicked them for delaying.

Use this as an opportunity for admins and Strategus leaders/peasants to get that you can't do this on either side, because its honestly a bit stressful for admins to get shit on by everyone for trying to enforce rules that in fact exist.  Just aren't documented very well because "cRPG."

I also do think problems do arise way more when one Strategus army does not have an admin, because all sorts of issues arise that you can only tell from your voip/perspective like griefing, leeching, teamkilling, bugs, whatever that needs an admin on the ground to look at, along with getting in touch with other admins when necessary.  Pretty difficult sometimes when there are so many giant, active factions in cRPG/Strategus  who seem to have no admins at all.
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 02, 2013, 11:38:53 pm »
alright man up teeth its the same thing when the last guy cant get reached so he have to jump down in this case the defenders had no chance to jump down due to a long jump a a swarm which would kill the survivors.

common sence is common.

apparently you have to bring this up because you feel cheated in some way, well dont.
Common sense is a little less common everytime the admins are on the attacking team, though. Apparently you don't really get what the thread is about, yet you feel like you have to ignorantly post here, well don't.

If you think this is about admin abuse, please use my thread in admin feedback to discuss it. I made the call to kick attackers as the senior admin in there, so I call responsibility for this. However, I'd take the same course of action even if it was clanmates camping when the battle timer is at -6 and I've got other stuff to do.
Of course I can't really blame you personally for making a decision that wasn't made whenever it was in the advantage of your side of Strat, but it does make you the inconsistent admin compared to the others. However I do agree with the decision you made, and I really hope that you will in fact make this decision when your faction is delaying. At least there is 3 admins that I know of who supported making this decision now, so I really expect these 3 to do some kicking regardless of who is delaying. Otherwise they are confirmed badmins. Maybe you could state a general statement that attackers should be kicked when delaying on your little admin forum, so there is more consistency.

I am almost sure though, that delaying will get a different definition everytime and decisions will be made selectively. That is why we need more specific rules or more evenly distributed admins accross clans. Or sieges that do not require all the attackers to be killed before they are over.

Offline Blackzilla

• Earl
  • Renown: 451
  • Infamy: 108
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FIDLGB(strat/crpg),Dracul(Friends)
  • Game nicks: Blackzilla_FIDLGB, Helios The Shiny
  • IRC nick: Blackzilla
« Reply #54 on: March 03, 2013, 01:19:56 am »
+2
The easiest solution to this, like someone suggested, is that attackers are automatically kicked after the time runs out.
That would be impartial and fair for everyone and Strat battles would happen more on time.
This seems like a good idea, but I've seen too many battles come down to after the timer, with both sides having little to no tickets.

After the uxhall siege the attackers camped outside of the castle and not one thing of pink text popped up. We had to sally out to kill them. I've also seen sides camping spawn after the siege and they do it just so they can claim admin abuse in a battle.
Example: I believe this is a Fallen member talking.

« Last Edit: March 03, 2013, 01:27:12 am by DoD_Blackzilla »

Offline Latvian

• King
  • Renown: 1494
  • Infamy: 379
  • с̴͎͖͈͟͠ͅу̷̸̻̣͇͚̫͎͇̩̟̖̪͇̯к̀́͠͞҉͎͚͎а̰̤͕̱͔̬͖̟̺͍͎́͞ ̸͝
    • View Profile
  • Faction: one and only DESERTERS
  • Game nicks: u know its me when you see me
« Reply #55 on: March 03, 2013, 01:32:59 am »
+8
ohhh great, one of these threads again

people are like potatoes, they come in different shapes and sizes and they all are beautifull
masturbating while looking in a mirror isnt wrong unless its the rear view mirror and you are driving a school buss.

it doesnt matter if you are happiest person or an unfortunate weeper, a powerfull beast or a terrifying creature. we are all equal, in the eyes of the reaper.

Offline Harpag

• Marshall
  • Renown: 914
  • Infamy: 263
  • jebać merców
    • View Profile
  • Faction: UIF
  • Game nicks: Harpag_the_Grey
« Reply #56 on: March 03, 2013, 12:02:46 pm »
Cyrus, Everkistus and Erzengel - frustration floods your eyes and mind. If you can't control your negative emotions, why do you want to be admins? I know that due to my personal preferences and strong temptation I don't want to be an admin, because objectivity often requires effort, but if this shit has run like in last time, maybe I should apply for admin  :lol:

Offline Ronald_Meliossandro

• Baron
  • Renown: 106
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
  • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIyeNRbbKBw
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Ronald_Meliossandro
« Reply #57 on: March 03, 2013, 12:59:37 pm »
+5
Yes i deleted my own thread becuse i was so angry and dissapointed!

When I read the pages, I get more sad than angry .... People are really not objective but sees it only from one side instead of seeing it from both sides.

I've written before that both sides cheat .... maybe by accident or on purpose.
I see this on both sides and to deny this is ridiculous.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2013, 01:25:29 pm by Ronald_Meliossandro »

Offline bagge

• King
  • Renown: 1056
  • Infamy: 275
  • cRPG Player
  • Duke of Poland
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: bagge
« Reply #58 on: March 03, 2013, 01:08:22 pm »
Corrupted crap admins.
I hope you guys get some sort of sticky balls deseases and smell like my armpits, sorry excusese for nolife fucking cunts you are.

Offline Osiris

• King
  • Renown: 1449
  • Infamy: 324
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merc
  • Game nicks: Osiris. Aethelstan
  • IRC nick: _Osiris_
« Reply #59 on: March 03, 2013, 01:25:36 pm »
+4