Author Topic: Sports.  (Read 1929 times)

Offline Fringe

• Baron
  • Renown: 119
  • Infamy: 30
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Blackfist T.T
  • Game nicks: Fringe, Bane, Bane_of_Fringe
Sports.
« on: March 02, 2013, 02:30:00 am »
+3
Out of curiosity, is anybody in the forum an athlete of some form or fashion, or has been in the past? I've come across a good deal of football players (most linemen,) but that's about it. I've met quite a few Europeans who are involved or at least active in one sport or another, but not much else. The reason I had this on my mind was because I just got done with one of my track meets and wondered if anybody on here was doing the same thing.
Nemo vir est qui mundum non reddat meliorem.

Offline FleetFox

• Marshall
  • Renown: 711
  • Infamy: 72
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Fox Shox Rox
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Norsemen
  • Game nicks: Norse_Torr and FleetFox
Re: Sports.
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2013, 11:08:48 am »
+1
Hey Fringe, I too am an athlete although I haven't ran in a track race for a couple years haha. In the UK I take part in cross country and Fell (Mountain Running). I also play lots of other sports because they are great fun! What distance do you run on the track? :)
"Its better to die on your feet than to live on your knees."
― Emiliano Zapata

Offline NuberT

• Earl
  • Renown: 436
  • Infamy: 45
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: NuberT_HRE
  • IRC nick: NuberT_HRE
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2013, 12:18:44 pm »
+1
I think ~80-90% of german males start to play football(soccer), when they are 6 - 10 years old. Those who manage to quit in time are still able to walk at the age of 30 :D.

Personally not doing much, but little weightlifting. I guess psytrance and what comes with it, is my sport currently..

Offline Moncho

• King
  • Renown: 1127
  • Infamy: 221
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Moncho, Some_Random_STF, Some_Random_Troll
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2013, 12:26:12 pm »
I have done a few sports, but circumstances have always ended up moving me apart from them (injuries and other commitments). Currently I jog once or twice a week, up to 8-10km, and fence twice a week (foil). In the past I have played many years of futsal and frontenis, which I loved but had to stop because I could not find any courts in the UK. Still play them during the summer though when I go back home.

Offline Prpavi

• King
  • Renown: 1525
  • Infamy: 402
  • 私 わ 変態 です
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Prpavi, Prpafeee
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2013, 01:09:45 pm »
+2
played Hockey quite activley, later switched to field hockey, got into natinal squad so ye played quite allot.

then my neghborhood stepped in, showed me the party life and that was the end of that story  :mrgreen:
And now he can't play because of "common sense" and he doesn't understand how this common sense works
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Fringe

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2013, 04:39:31 pm »
Hey Fringe, I too am an athlete although I haven't ran in a track race for a couple years haha. In the UK I take part in cross country and Fell (Mountain Running). I also play lots of other sports because they are great fun! What distance do you run on the track? :)

I ran the 800m and the 400m yesterday. I placed second in the 800 (was still a bad time,) and I think fourth in the 400m? Still have to check up on it because I was right behind the man who won it in my tier.

I think ~80-90% of german males start to play football(soccer), when they are 6 - 10 years old. Those who manage to quit in time are still able to walk at the age of 30 :D.

Personally not doing much, but little weightlifting. I guess psytrance and what comes with it, is my sport currently..

I was in a German clan once, the leader was a woman, but she was pretty involved in football (EU,) and so were all her family members. I thought it was pretty cool :P

I have done a few sports, but circumstances have always ended up moving me apart from them (injuries and other commitments). Currently I jog once or twice a week, up to 8-10km, and fence twice a week (foil). In the past I have played many years of futsal and frontenis, which I loved but had to stop because I could not find any courts in the UK. Still play them during the summer though when I go back home.

Were you from Spain originally? Glad to see that you still keep up a state of fitness. Was always fascinated with fencing too :D Really cool stuff!

played Hockey quite activley, later switched to field hockey, got into natinal squad so ye played quite allot.

then my neghborhood stepped in, showed me the party life and that was the end of that story  :mrgreen:

I know what you mean lol Sometimes the party life takes you away to another place entirely. I really lacked off this summer :/

Very cool to see some athletes in the game :D Noticed that all of you are from Europe lol. I myself only know a few athletic guys that play games, and none of the games they play are M&BW  :(

I also participate in my American football team, and also did Power-lifting this year. Glad to see many other athletic persons here on the forums and cRPG.  :mrgreen:
« Last Edit: March 02, 2013, 08:05:56 pm by Fringe »

Offline FleetFox

• Marshall
  • Renown: 711
  • Infamy: 72
  • Fox Shox Rox
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Norsemen
  • Game nicks: Norse_Torr and FleetFox
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2013, 06:54:54 pm »
+1

Shit man, you should definitely get back into it, hockey is a great game and if you are talented you should pursue it as far as possible! :)

And nice one Fringe, both distances you mentioned are fun ^^
"Its better to die on your feet than to live on your knees."
― Emiliano Zapata

Offline Uther Pendragon

• King
  • Renown: 1253
  • Infamy: 133
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • EX Head of EU and NA admin teams
    • View Profile
    • Strategus Guide
  • Faction: Stromgarde
  • Game nicks: Uthyr Pendraeg, Uthyr, mr fucking dtv hero admin, Stromgarde_Uthyr_Pendraeg
  • IRC nick: Something along those lines above
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2013, 08:58:48 pm »
I used to play badminton after a 1-year training + few amateurish contests, but since I crippled my leg I can forget about single-games, only doubles and barely that.

Oh well, more time to no-life :)
Nemo prudens punit, quia peccatum est, sed ne peccetur.
I (used to) manage character issues, reverting, restoring and fixing related mistakes and some other stuff. Feel free to message if you encounter a problem.
He's not the hero DTV deserves but he's the one they need.

Offline Fringe

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2013, 09:07:48 pm »
+1
I used to play badminton after a 1-year training + few amateurish contests, but since I crippled my leg I can forget about single-games, only doubles and barely that.

Oh well, more time to no-life :)

Heh, I'm thankful I've taken no such injuries. Guess it does build on your cRPG playing time though.

Offline Uther Pendragon

• King
  • Renown: 1253
  • Infamy: 133
  • EX Head of EU and NA admin teams
    • View Profile
    • Strategus Guide
  • Faction: Stromgarde
  • Game nicks: Uthyr Pendraeg, Uthyr, mr fucking dtv hero admin, Stromgarde_Uthyr_Pendraeg
  • IRC nick: Something along those lines above
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2013, 09:14:42 pm »
Heh, I'm thankful I've taken no such injuries. Guess it does build on your cRPG playing time though.

I'd say it even reflects on my slow-ass build with only 4 athl  :lol:
Nemo prudens punit, quia peccatum est, sed ne peccetur.
I (used to) manage character issues, reverting, restoring and fixing related mistakes and some other stuff. Feel free to message if you encounter a problem.
He's not the hero DTV deserves but he's the one they need.

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2013, 09:22:25 pm »
I myself only know a few athletic guys that play games, and none of the games they play are M&BW  :(
I can't help but wonder, why is this important to you?

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2013, 09:26:41 pm »
+1
Teeth that's pretty simple, he wants to relate with warband players in other things than just playing warband, and he wants to relate to athletes in other things than running around.
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Fringe

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2013, 12:23:02 am »
+1
Teeth that's pretty simple, he wants to relate with warband players in other things than just playing warband, and he wants to relate to athletes in other things than running around.

^ This exactly. I find it awesome that there are athletic people even in games, which seems to be a rarity. I think physical health is an important part to one's life, even if I have lacked off at some times. I mean...it's only a question. :D

Offline BASNAK

• King
  • Renown: 1349
  • Infamy: 170
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: MolonLave_Garlic
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2013, 01:28:40 am »
+1
I lift everyday and have big mascles ouuuuuaeh hueee. Does that count?

P.S I dont have big muscles :(
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2013, 01:36:49 am »
+1
Track and Tennis.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.