Author Topic: The website should indicate if a weapon is usable with a shield  (Read 329 times)

Offline Rhaelys

• Duke
  • Renown: 509
  • Infamy: 47
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: Rhaelys_BlockLeft_of_Chaos
+12
Looking through the forums I saw a thread suggesting that shields list how many slots they can take, which reminded me about an issue I noticed with the website: it does not say which weapons can be used with a shield.

Well, that's not really a problem, right? 1-handers can be used with shields, 2-handers cannot be used with shields, and polearms cannot be used with shields.

Except for the Goedendag, Bastard Sword, Heavy Bastard Sword, and Longsword, which are usable with a shield.

And about half of the polearms, which can be used with a shield. I was going to take the time to list all of them, but then I remembered that I don't actually know which polearms can or cannot be used with a shield. There isn't an easy-to-apply rule, such as length of weapon because the Ashwood Pike (166 reach) can be used with a shield but the Awlpike (165 reach) cannot. The Voulge (124 reach) cannot be used with a shield, but the Military Scythe (155 reach), a side-swingable weapon like the Voulge can be used with a shield.

In short, if someone who has been playing this mod for two and a half years can't remember which weapons can and cannot be used with a shield, then how can we expect new players to, the ones who will need that information the most and won't necessarily have a clan member or friend to ask?

tl;dr add shield co-usability information to weapons on the website
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Quote from: Uumdi
sweet of you guys to celebrate my birthday
wait you're talking about that devils lettuce arent you, god damnit
Quote from: Kreczor
yo you want to burn some sweet romaine tonight?
Quote from: Uumdi
yeah i smoke that dirty green shit fuck iceberg

Offline Andy

• Count
  • Renown: 274
  • Infamy: 253
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Snow_King
Re: The website should indicate if a weapon is usable with a shield
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2013, 12:11:09 am »
Real men don't use sheilds, we block arrows with our minds.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Moncho

• King
  • Renown: 1127
  • Infamy: 221
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Moncho, Some_Random_STF, Some_Random_Troll
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2013, 12:14:35 am »
+2
+1, would be useful, I did not remember for example than the goedendag can be used with shield

Real men don't use sheilds, we block arrows with our minds.
And then run to the forums tail between your legs crying NERF! OP! QQ!

Offline Ronin

• Marshall
  • Renown: 859
  • Infamy: 198
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2013, 01:41:02 pm »
+1
I agree. I was shocked when I found out awlpikes can not be used with a shield, but a fauchard can be. Of course I had to spend my money to find out which weapons could be used, to try them in-game.
Quote from: BlindGuy
Seems the fascists are gaining ground once again in UKR... right vving politics is SO bad for the general populace but STILL in times of trouble the uneducated turn to them for help, simply because they are so amoral they vvill supply those vvilling to fight vvith vveapons rather than knovvledge.

My UU key is broken incase you can't tell :D

Offline Rhekimos

• Duke
  • Renown: 672
  • Infamy: 78
  • cRPG Player
  • ふふふふふ
    • View Profile
    • Forbiddena
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Rhekimos
  • IRC nick: Rhekimos
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2013, 07:02:26 pm »
+2
The website has weapon length twice in the weapon stats. Might as well remove that and add this information instead.