Author Topic: Lost Legion are swines and unprofessional  (Read 15291 times)

Offline Nightingale

• Balancer
  • Renown: 925
  • Infamy: 205
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Elderly Woman
  • IRC nick: Nightingale
Re: Lost Legion are swines and unprofessional
« Reply #30 on: March 02, 2013, 04:39:41 am »

Nope, if I was Chaos I wouldn't either. You guy's obviously didn't want to get drawn into a meat grinder and backed out, just waiting to snatch whoever the fuck came out.

I was joking mostly, but we mainly didn't want to purse any further since TAMDA wasn't backing you guys. I am pretty sure war were declared thinking that they would.

Offline Malaclypse

• King
  • Renown: 1299
  • Infamy: 146
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 02, 2013, 04:46:33 am »
+1
I was joking mostly, but we mainly didn't want to purse any further since TAMDA wasn't backing you guys. I am pretty sure war were declared thinking that they would.

P much. As far as my line of thinking goes, Castle sieges are only situationally fun for all classes (always fun for Ranged on defense provided proper gear, of course; melee on both sides only gets to engage if a foothold can be made with ladders or via a breach, cav needs to wait for a breach or open gate in most cases).  It wasn't ever our plan to go for the castle, just the villages and any armies waylaid in the field. We left everything in the castle to basically see if any push would come out of it on your side, and if it didn't, we'd just leave (which we did).
You think you're pretty smart with your dago mustache and your greasy hair.

Offline The_Slim

• Count
  • Renown: 220
  • Infamy: 39
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lost Legion
  • Game nicks: LL_MAGIC_MISSILE LL_Slim GroundfaultCircuitInterruptr LL_DragonBallzDeep Butlerhands
« Reply #32 on: March 02, 2013, 04:50:34 am »
+3
Good initial fight guys, we will be seeing you some more.

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
« Reply #33 on: March 02, 2013, 04:57:35 am »
+2
1200 deaths vs 1500 is not 1:1

+ we had 6 less people because we fucked up in the rollcall.

.867 KDR is pretty damn close to 1:1. I never did say 1:1, you should re-read that.

And I was making a comment. Considering the "Fearsome" Reputation of that castle nearly 1.00 on the first siege is a better start. Those EU's can learn a few things from NA on how to siege.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline MURDERTRON

• King
  • Renown: 1337
  • Infamy: 428
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TRUMP / WEST 2020
« Reply #34 on: March 02, 2013, 05:14:52 am »
.867 KDR is pretty damn close to 1:1. I never did say 1:1, you should re-read that.

And I was making a comment. Considering the "Fearsome" Reputation of that castle nearly 1.00 on the first siege is a better start. Those EU's can learn a few things from NA on how to siege.

I have no idea where the fearsome reputation comes from...  Pretty sure Remnant took it in a Raid and then a Siege, winning both, at least on this side of the map.
▀█▀▒█▀█▒█▒█▒█▒▒▒█▒█▀█▒▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█
▒█▒▒█▄█▒█▒█▒██▒██▒█▄█▒▒▄▄█▒█▒█▒▄▄█▒█▒█▒█
▒█▒▒█▀▄▒█▄█▒█▒█▒█▒█▒▒▒▒█▄▄▒█▄█▒█▄▄▒█▄█▒▄

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
« Reply #35 on: March 02, 2013, 05:16:45 am »
I have no idea where the fearsome reputation comes from...  Pretty sure Remnant took it in a Raid and then a Siege, winning both, at least on this side of the map.

EU's Failed at taking it getting murdered, unless this is the wrong castle :(

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
« Reply #36 on: March 02, 2013, 05:21:00 am »

Keep in ind the atatckers used those fights to prepare for this one - immediately catapulted the weak point in the wall and set up forward base behind tower like the last 2-3 sieges on eu side.  Also, we didnt have plate armor and all mw horn and long bows on defenders side with tons of mw bodkins, etc.  It makes it different with weaker gear on both sides.
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline Canary

• Marshall
  • Renown: 826
  • Infamy: 202
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
« Reply #37 on: March 02, 2013, 05:24:36 am »
+1

It comes from this series of battles: http://forum.meleegaming.com/diplomacy/slezkh-castle-the-first-wonder/msg705408/#msg705408

Nope, if I was Chaos I wouldn't either. You guy's obviously didn't want to get drawn into a meat grinder and backed out, just waiting to snatch whoever the fuck came out.

As Malaclypse said, we were (and are?) looking for fun fights. When we were planning our offensive we were under the impression that it wouldn't be as lopsided as it turned out to be up until the point where only the castle was in play, and we never wanted to completely wipe out a faction "just because".

Offline Valdian

• Knight
  • Renown: 63
  • Infamy: 65
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Astralis, Irish Band
  • IRC nick: Valdian
« Reply #38 on: March 02, 2013, 06:49:49 am »
Well i remain neutral in the matter, I am a merc after all but I have known LL more so they will more likely get my mercing support. if either side needs mercs contact us in astralis ts.

Offline WITCHCRAFT

• Highborn
  • King
  • Renown: 2174
  • Infamy: 227
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen
  • get hexed
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: WITCHCRAFT, A_Hot_Elf_Princess, Yurnero_of_the_High_Plains, and secret alts
« Reply #39 on: March 02, 2013, 09:43:50 am »
Not only that but it gets really gay reading all these fucking shitstorms. This goes for both party's.

I haven't been able to make it to battles recently, it's nice having a diplomacy thread to read and catch up on.

irl something shorted on the shuttle and laika overheated and died within a few hours of liftoff and for a brief while one could look up to the stars and see a light shooting across the sky that was actually a warm dog corpse slingshoting about the earth at thousands of miles per hour which was arguably humanity's greatest achievement so far

Offline Tanken

• King
  • Renown: 1463
  • Infamy: 395
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
  • Game nicks: Tanken
« Reply #40 on: March 02, 2013, 04:21:22 pm »
1200 deaths vs 1500 is not 1:1

+ we had 6 less people because we fucked up in the rollcall.

Better than this though. http://c-rpg.net/index.php?page=battlesparticipated#!?page=battledetail&id=1175

.57:1 ratio

And we were in way worse gear!

Also; LL didn't use EU tactics to get a foothold. We lost this castle in a raid even though it came down to a wire, we've also held it for 2 strats now (well, held once, lost once) so we know it fairly well. It took us 2-3 attempts to get it last strat when AI could control it. That was balls.
Below is a Collection of Finalists in my Design my Avatar contest -- They all did Awesome!
Thanks to all of those who contributed.

Offline Wesleysnipes

• Earl
  • Renown: 371
  • Infamy: 196
  • SQUIDDONKULIOUS
    • View Profile
  • Faction: AoW squid
  • Game nicks: Wesley
« Reply #41 on: March 02, 2013, 06:36:40 pm »
+3

I'm pretty sure Teutonic did that... not Remnant.
Dashing through the steppe, on a hundreds horse sleigh, o'er fields we go, laughing all the way. HOHOHO! It's Calamariclause and it's Christmas in April for the Squids.

http://www.insomniagamer.com/lp/leagueofangels/loapink/

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 02, 2013, 07:12:21 pm »
long story short:  northern NA strategus drama is rather dull, all the maps are bad, everyone is just meekly complaining instread of melodramatically denouncing with sweeping generalizations, and CHAOS hasn't actually done anything except 1-2 attacks all strat long and everyone is sick of the Wasted Troops camping their cities

so, man up and waste everything in unnecessary counter attacks in open plains and strategically useless villages in the frontiers on a daily basis, like our Southern Players have been doing for everyone else for the past month.  my respec addiction thanks you in advance.  (attack fcc)
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

Offline Jack1

• King
  • Renown: 1029
  • Infamy: 231
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jack1_, Abbud_Amari, The_Doc, Gottlob_Kohlman
  • IRC nick: Risen_Jack
« Reply #43 on: March 02, 2013, 09:13:35 pm »
+9
Smoothrich, this topic is for the LL vs Teutonic, so if you could please keep your Hate for everything FCC out, that would be much appreciated.

And yes that was a good fight last night. I personally think we could have done better if some perticular people would listen in TS though
We're all nerds here, so it doesn't really matter.

Offline Krosis

• Count
  • Renown: 166
  • Infamy: 42
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 03, 2013, 01:53:33 am »
Smoothrich, this topic is for the LL vs Teutonic, so if you could please keep your Hate for everything FCC out, that would be much appreciated.

And yes that was a good fight last night. I personally think we could have done better if some perticular people would listen in TS though

While I agree somewhat, he's just trying to push Chaos into doing something...

Quote from:  Wesley
I think the main reason is they were too scared. They can afford to spare the troops. Canary wants to save those troops too attack FCC.

It's no different from what your leader said, but being Smoothrich it's easy to call out I guess.

And yes it was a good fight :), lets hope tonight's is just as fun.