Author Topic: Unban Kesh_ATS  (Read 1648 times)

Offline Matey

• King
  • Renown: 1327
  • Infamy: 372
  • cRPG Player
  • A Pirate
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Matey_BRD
Unban Kesh_ATS
« on: February 27, 2013, 08:19:42 pm »
He is still banned for posting logs that he was under no obligation to keep private (he hasn't signed any non-disclosure agreements or anything)

The ban is kind of like arresting a reporter for submitting a story including information from a undisclosed source. I realize cRPG isn't a free country with all sorts of rights and freedoms... but I was under the impression we did have a degree of freedom on the forums; in all honesty, if Kesh's post was so offensive he should have been banned from the forums but not the game. Banning someone from cRPG and strategus for a post on the forums seems... odd. I don't recall devs/admins reacting to criticism in such a heavy handed way in the past. Besides; he has been ban for over a week, I think he served his time for posting chat logs; it also seems that his posting of those logs have led to necessary questions being asked amongst the NA admin team and ultimately seems to be affecting positive change. Also, Kesh was found innocent of the other charges levied against him.

Offline Arathian

• Duke
  • Renown: 650
  • Infamy: 175
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Pick it up you white ass cracka
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Frisians
  • Game nicks: Arathian, schizophrenic_axe_murderer
Re: Unban Kesh_ATS
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2013, 08:57:44 pm »
Agreed.

Banning Kesh from the game makes no sense. Banning him from the forums....I disagree, but it would make some degree of sense.

Come on cmpx, drop it already.

edit: also, one has to wonder. If Kesh had never disclosed the logs, would the admin abuse have been revealed? I mean, it would still be there, just thrown under a carpet. Is that healthy for the community? More to the point, would kesh have been unbanned considering he was found innocent of the charges partly due to the logs?

Damned if you do, damned if you don't, really.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline oprah_winfrey

• Marshall
  • Renown: 808
  • Infamy: 196
  • cRPG Player
  • Now look under your seat...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: JABONRA
  • Game nicks: Egan
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2013, 09:13:14 pm »
I don't recall devs/admins reacting to criticism in such a heavy handed way in the past.

Didn't they ban alkownia or w/e his name is for that?

The ban is kind of like arresting a reporter for submitting a story including information from a undisclosed source.

You mean like the wikileaks guy?

it also seems that his posting of those logs have led to necessary questions being asked amongst the NA admin team and ultimately seems to be affecting positive change

Two things happened.

1) Smoothrich lost his admin
2) Betatesters lost the ability to be in the dev channel.

Anything I'm missing?

edit: also, one has to wonder. If Kesh had never disclosed the logs, would the admin abuse have been revealed? I mean, it would still be there, just thrown under a carpet. Is that healthy for the community? More to the point, would kesh have been unbanned considering he was found innocent of the charges partly due to the logs?

Damned if you do, damned if you don't, really.

What are you even talking about?

___

That being said, I actually do not think Kesh should be permabanned for posting the logs. If he is innocent of multiaccounting, then he should be (at some point) unbanned. But I don't really have an opinion of how long he should be stayed banned.

Offline Matey

• King
  • cRPG Player
  • A Pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2013, 09:24:50 pm »
alkowni posted pictures of another member of the community without their consent. I think it was a bit more offensive than chat logs.

Offline TheAppleSauceMan

• Duke
  • Renown: 553
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player
  • dear god I hate throwers
    • View Profile
    • Look and you'll enjoy.
  • Faction: Dracul, RUFF RYDERS
  • Game nicks: Dracul_AppleSauce_FieldBauss | Wiff Khalifa | U_Having_A_Giggle_M8
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2013, 10:04:26 pm »
Yeah the fact that he is banned for posting logs someone else showed him, someone he does not know, is a complete joke. All things aside, that most definitely should not be something that gets you permanently banned, especially when all other charges against him were proven false. Don't you think this man has served enough undeserved ban time? I mean the dude who banned him in the first place lost his admin because of it, come on guys.
I'm rock, nerf paper, scissors is fine. Welcome to c-RPG.

Offline Emotion

• Earl
  • Renown: 360
  • Infamy: 145
  • pls
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Friends with Benefits
  • Game nicks: Noodles
  • IRC nick: Noodles
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2013, 10:06:51 pm »
unban.

or revolution.
Quote from: Testicleez
Noodles (Nibbles): One of my top dawgs. A godly c-rpg player and a chill ass muhfucka'. He's supposed to be adopting me once he gets married. One day I'll get him to order me a pizza… One day.

Offline BaleOhay

• Marshall
  • Renown: 789
  • Infamy: 229
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BS
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2013, 10:27:43 pm »
matey clearly we need a poll!

as always stated.. a perma ban from everything for showing chat logs is silly. Let him come back already.
Leader of BS

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2013, 11:44:12 pm »
imo unban him once no one from fcc whines about Kesh being banned for a day.
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Arathian

• Duke
  • Renown: 650
  • Infamy: 175
  • Pick it up you white ass cracka
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Frisians
  • Game nicks: Arathian, schizophrenic_axe_murderer
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2013, 12:08:03 am »

That is cunning and evil.

Offline Matey

• King
  • cRPG Player
  • A Pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2013, 12:15:59 am »

we've hardly mentioned it all since cmp declared the original ban was lifted (but not the perma) and that the other banned people had been unban. It just seemed like things were being sorted out so there was no need to worry; but it's been about a week since then and Kesh is still ban for posting chat logs.

Offline MURDERTRON

• King
  • Renown: 1337
  • Infamy: 428
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TRUMP / WEST 2020
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2013, 12:21:19 am »
matey clearly we need a poll!

as always stated.. a perma ban from everything for showing chat logs is silly. Let him come back already.

I mean, if you want to ban people for leaking admin logs, just make a rule for it and make sure to do it to everyone guilty of it.  The amount of picking and choosing of who gets banned and what they get banned for is getting a bit out of hand here.
▀█▀▒█▀█▒█▒█▒█▒▒▒█▒█▀█▒▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█
▒█▒▒█▄█▒█▒█▒██▒██▒█▄█▒▒▄▄█▒█▒█▒▄▄█▒█▒█▒█
▒█▒▒█▀▄▒█▄█▒█▒█▒█▒█▒▒▒▒█▄▄▒█▄█▒█▄▄▒█▄█▒▄

Offline Mechanix

• Baron
  • Renown: 138
  • Infamy: 38
  • cRPG Player
  • lolwut
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Mechanix
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2013, 12:25:36 am »
The fact that Kesh even wants to come back after all this bullshit is more surprising to me than his ban.
But as the world turned i learned life was hell; livin' in a world no different from a cell - WuTang

Offline MURDERTRON

• King
  • Renown: 1337
  • Infamy: 428
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TRUMP / WEST 2020
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2013, 01:14:29 am »
The fact that Kesh even wants to come back after all this bullshit is more surprising to me than his ban.

I think I can safely say, we're all a bit of masochists here.
▀█▀▒█▀█▒█▒█▒█▒▒▒█▒█▀█▒▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█
▒█▒▒█▄█▒█▒█▒██▒██▒█▄█▒▒▄▄█▒█▒█▒▄▄█▒█▒█▒█
▒█▒▒█▀▄▒█▄█▒█▒█▒█▒█▒▒▒▒█▄▄▒█▄█▒█▄▄▒█▄█▒▄

Offline Relit

• Duke
  • Renown: 574
  • Infamy: 109
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Relit
« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2013, 03:14:43 am »
You mean like the wikileaks guy?

He released state secrets, which were classified. Apples and Oranges.

That Kesh is even still banned is beyond ridiculous. Anonymous source comes to him, he posts the logs, and somehow this means hes banned. He was found innocent of all the other charges, what exactly is the hold up? The amount of time this is taking to sort out is disturbing.

Offline Rikthor

• Earl
  • Renown: 432
  • Infamy: 53
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BOARD Clan
  • Game nicks: Historian_Rikthorrr
« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2013, 04:17:43 am »
Considering Badplayer has already posted logs that were copy and pasted to him from the same channel by Smoothrich who is not permabanned for the same offense, it's just dumb and comes off as petty.

Yes the logs made both devs and admins look bad, but seriously banning someone over that, especially when you end up confirming their innocence is silly.
Quote from: chadz
No matter how long you guys cry - I will not give in to dumbing strategus down because some people just want battles. If all you want are battles, then play cRPG, not strat. There are other people who like advanced gameplay.

Trolololololol