Author Topic: throwing lances nerffed to much  (Read 4197 times)

Offline Native_ATS

• Knight
  • Renown: 36
  • Infamy: 60
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: throwing lances nerffed to much
« Reply #45 on: May 10, 2011, 08:42:39 am »
I can't 1shot people with heavy throwing axe to the face with 10 power throw. I just accept that it'll take 5-6 wardarts to get someone's hp to half. It is pretty cool to pester people with them. I never expect throwing weapons to kill ever.
took me 2 master work throwing lances to kill a bow men in leather.... i reloomed as a bow men because throwing is 100% crap, they where over nerffed and who every did the nerff should not be allowed to do anything in this game anymore, they dont know what they are doing at all. I hear it is a group that says what needs to be fixed
but any group that buffs xbow damg and super nerff throwing is soo dumb that i lost fath in the dev's that where in charge of throwing...

but to be fair let me give a little cred where it is do, the dev did hear my thoughts and try to fix it, but they did it in the wrong way or just not enough.
Lances where even worse befor the hot fix and they got buffed but the buff wasnt enough... there little buff was even a bigger nerff after i tested it more...
Lance take 2 slots and the ammo went form 12 to 2, and you cant sheath it.... so that means you can only bring 1 into battle... you need around 100wpf to even throw it in 12lb of gear.... other wise you can pick up your 1 lance....
I was all str and had like 10pt and i was like WOW i cant pick up my only lance.... the aim on the lance is soooo bad and i get it even worse since i can only have 1 and i cant throw more then once....

so i told them in the forms and i was happy when they saw my post and they buffed them...
the buff was you can sheath it but u only get 1 per stack.... each stack takes 2 slots....and they were nerffed in damg by alot. a master work lance was the same as a nomal lance befor patch -.-
AND you cant pick it up if you wear more then 12lb worth of gear.... the aim is still just as bad and you are forced to wear light to no gear.... you have to have high pt to even do damg and at 10pt it takes 2 lances to kill a bowmen or pony... then your left with nothing.... Ya you can throw jarids but at 9pt it takes 3 jarids to kill 1 man..... ya am not joking it takes the whole stake to kill a man...so good luck and dont miss
Throwing is crap in every way.... i was once voted best thrower in this game and even i cant stand what they did to it, i re-gened and did throwing again, i still toped the score bord but it wasnt fun at all, to do well i had to NOT THROW... i had to just relay on my 9ps and not my 9pt..... soon i was thinking why i even had pt....
alot of the time i would throw both lances into a pony and cry as it ran away with my 26,000$ worth of lances with him -.-

ups about throwing in new patch
war darts! 3xloomed wardart own at 9pt, they do like 30p damg and are so easy to throw, if you bring nothing but war darts you end up with 28 darts and you only need 3-4 to kill most people, they have a high rate of fire as well
can pwn 2 handers all day every day... just dont miss or your toast
.....that is it, there is nothing ells that is ok or good about throwing

bad side to throwing
cant wear gear if you want to throw lances, need high wpf yet cant get it if you still want the throwing item to hurt....
at 9pt (27str) it takes a whole stack to kill a man, so you have to be way better then me and not miss 1 shot
all mid to high throwing takes 2 slots
damg nerff on all throwing weapons! even rocks where nerffed? ROCK WHERE NERFFED!
Sheilds will reck your shit.... any sheild pwns lances,jarids,axes....
cav recks throwing hard now... damg nerff and ammo nerff make throwing at cav a hard fight...
bowmen reck throwing, good luck killing that bowmen with ur weak ass jarids, dont miss...

I think the dev where scared and gave into the crys of nubs who knew nothing about throwing and in there heart wanted to make it better.
the devs tryed to fix throwing but since none of them are throwers they didnt know  how and they just ended up over nerffing them

how i would fix throwing?
give all mid to high teir throwing 1 more to there stack... that way we can miss 1 time....
maybe up the damg on all throwing since you cant wear good gear and still throw top teir items or even because we have less throwing weapons to throw lol
maybe lift the wpf need to throw in heavy gear... i cant throw lances with 101 wpf? am forced to wear 12lb worth of gear even tho am all str?
i would still throw if i had more then 2 lances... or if they upped the damg... but even if they uped the damg back to what it was it wouldnt help... since all weapons need more str it makes them have more hp...

***To any other thrower who wants to try throwing i say dont, it isnt worth it at all... it will even be more worthless once strat is back up....
try xbow, it has all the power of throwing with no down side, heck since it has better aim then lances you dont need wpf in it lol, might want some to reload faster tho.... or just use the master work light xbow... great 68p and you can spam all wpf into a 2hander or pol-arm
 I might throw again one day but that would mean i would have to loom my lances all over again just to have a good shot at killen peps, truely not worth it
« Last Edit: May 10, 2011, 08:51:21 am by Native_ATS »

Offline AlbaTiger

• Peasant
  • Renown: 5
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
  • Maybes aye maybes naw. Tiger that runs wi Wolves
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 11, 2011, 01:04:10 pm »
WarDarts really are the best throwing weapons now.

Javelins and axes ain't too bad cause at least they are still only 1 slot, but the number you get is so much lower than the 21 WarDarts you can take for just 3 slots which makes the darts far more flexible and you can risk taking more of those "1 in 100" shots.

Jarids are worthless and Throwing Spears aren't too far off that just cause of the low count and number of slots they take up.

Throwing Lances may as well just be removed I agree, I would have been happier with a damage reduction on Lances, and indeed Jarids and Spears...and maybe even Javelins too, if you could just take a useful number of the bloody things without crippling yourself.

Offline John

• Knight
  • Renown: 41
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: None
« Reply #47 on: May 11, 2011, 01:56:08 pm »
I don't think there's any reason to use throwing lances now.  With 6 skill points you could either have one chance to almost kill someone per round, or get enough strength for another point of powerstrike.  There's really no question which option is better, but I suppose those that are just plain in love with the concept of throwing lances will still use them. 

Sigmoo would be rolling in his annoying thrower grave!