Author Topic: DTV new waves?  (Read 1355 times)

Offline no_rules_just_play

• King
  • Renown: 1401
  • Infamy: 384
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE; Peasants United; Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: CapraAegagrusHircus_HRE; no_rules_just_play_HRE
  • IRC nick: norulesjustplay
DTV new waves?
« on: February 21, 2013, 09:40:21 pm »
+12
the dtv waves are getting repetitive. often, people speak about removing weaboo waves and such.

i would suggest a pure piker wave (their speed and armor and maybe addittion of some 2Hers might make it harder or easier). This will force the players to do something else than camping their unreachable spot/fence and doing a train will be impossible too. You cant just get close and hit them because pikes can actually stab through teammates. wich will make the bots behind the first row hit you.
This would just mean that total different tactics will be used.

Offline XyNox

• Marshall
  • Renown: 801
  • Infamy: 219
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Quincy Clan
  • Game nicks: Quincy_XyNox
Re: DTV new waves?
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2013, 11:04:50 pm »
+8
Great suggestion. We have so much gear avialable that could be used to create new types of enemies.

Also maybe a bonus wave after tincans that just consists of unarmed women in dresses and gives even higher xp, as a reward for beating the map ( it does not happen very often you know ).
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline owens

• Earl
  • Renown: 436
  • Infamy: 389
  • cRPG Player
  • PK_BALLA
    • View Profile
    • Our Website
  • Faction: Persian Kittens
  • Game nicks: PK's nice guy
  • IRC nick: PK world tour pm to donate
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2013, 12:12:10 am »
Goris and I solo'd AUS up to the "SEXY" wave boss (who took about 30 hits) new waves would be awesome. Maybe a wave with lots of weaker troops using the "heavy aketon" combined with long spears and military scythes?

Also maybe more bots with shields and swords instead of maces and picks? Knockdown on that scale is just a little strong in my opinion. Plus bots cant block so shield is a little bit more realistic.
PK is back

PK is a collection of elites from throughout modern and ancient history. Giants of Calradia individually, as a group these gods of combat shatter all expectations and ascend to a higher plain of victory that only a few have seen before.

Offline Nightingale

• Balancer
  • Renown: 925
  • Infamy: 205
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Elderly Woman
  • IRC nick: Nightingale
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2013, 04:04:43 am »
+1
Goris and I solo'd AUS up to the "SEXY" wave boss (who took about 30 hits) new waves would be awesome. Maybe a wave with lots of weaker troops using the "heavy aketon" combined with long spears and military scythes?

Also maybe more bots with shields and swords instead of maces and picks? Knockdown on that scale is just a little strong in my opinion. Plus bots cant block so shield is a little bit more realistic.

they can block semi OK on NA now.

Another Idea to spice it up a bit is to allow horses but - take away the regeneration of health for horses only after each round, that way any damage done to the horse at any given point in time will stay, but you will continue to heal like normal. I honestly cant see horses being OP in DTV just because of the amount of range and aimbotting.

Offline WITCHCRAFT

• Highborn
  • King
  • Renown: 2174
  • Infamy: 227
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen
  • get hexed
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: WITCHCRAFT, A_Hot_Elf_Princess, Yurnero_of_the_High_Plains, and secret alts
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2013, 10:51:53 am »
I have no idea how the game devs work, but for some reason that sounds like it would be hard to implement, based on former changes to game code. I'd like to see random enemy types on the lower level waves, since that is what the majority of players will see.

Don't make higher tiers, add variety for the lower level challenges  that get repetitive.

I've seen Mylet (the naked punching boss of weeaboo waves) throw off 5 players by himself. Would love to see more crazy bosses and different spawns at the lower levels to keep players on their feet.

irl something shorted on the shuttle and laika overheated and died within a few hours of liftoff and for a brief while one could look up to the stars and see a light shooting across the sky that was actually a warm dog corpse slingshoting about the earth at thousands of miles per hour which was arguably humanity's greatest achievement so far

Offline no_rules_just_play

• King
  • Renown: 1401
  • Infamy: 384
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE; Peasants United; Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: CapraAegagrusHircus_HRE; no_rules_just_play_HRE
  • IRC nick: norulesjustplay
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2013, 03:07:31 pm »
+2
they can block semi OK on NA now.

Another Idea to spice it up a bit is to allow horses but - take away the regeneration of health for horses only after each round, that way any damage done to the horse at any given point in time will stay, but you will continue to heal like normal. I honestly cant see horses being OP in DTV just because of the amount of range and aimbotting.

an organized cav charge against peasants could be pretty awesome :D

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2013, 03:23:24 pm »
+3
I suggested a piker wave for DTV back when it was first made. +1

Offline Uther Pendragon

• King
  • Renown: 1253
  • Infamy: 133
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • EX Head of EU and NA admin teams
    • View Profile
    • Strategus Guide
  • Faction: Stromgarde
  • Game nicks: Uthyr Pendraeg, Uthyr, mr fucking dtv hero admin, Stromgarde_Uthyr_Pendraeg
  • IRC nick: Something along those lines above
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2013, 06:10:14 pm »
+2
Its not about the bots themselves being repetitive, but about their fighting style. Its most of the time short range weapons (except for weaboo nodachi's, vitez (a little) and sexies) and its 5 full-melee rounds (when you don't really have to worry about ranged) and later its 5 full "OMG THEY AIM AT ME I'M ALREADY DEAD" rounds.

So yeah, adding something like a chinese piker squad or greekish hoplites + cavalry would be glorious. :)
Nemo prudens punit, quia peccatum est, sed ne peccetur.
I (used to) manage character issues, reverting, restoring and fixing related mistakes and some other stuff. Feel free to message if you encounter a problem.
He's not the hero DTV deserves but he's the one they need.

Offline Tydeus

• King
  • Renown: 1422
  • Infamy: 351
  • Item re-unbalance guy
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tydeus
  • IRC nick: Tydeus
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2013, 06:14:43 pm »
They declared a long time ago that they would not be spending any additional time developing for DTV as their time is better spent elsewhere(like a conquest mode if they were going to be messing with game modes at all).
chadz> i wouldnt mind seeing some penis on my character

Offline Tigero

• Knight
  • Renown: 57
  • Infamy: 129
  • cRPG Player
  • Respecer, Dictator of holy virginal defenders
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2013, 06:21:16 pm »
+3
Well surely it doesn't take much more than 30 minutes of their worthy time to create one or two new waves...

how would be 'slave driver' or something using the fugly black helm, heraldic mail with surcoat with dirty texture, mallets, long knobbed maces and other blunt KD and CT weapons.

Maybe redesing the rohic riders so they use more lances and maybe even use throwing lance horseback.

Also a round of 'swordmasters' light armor, super fast and uses flamberge or other deadly 2h.

Ps. And yeah, what dtv needs now is pikers, the bots are suprisingly efficient with stab polearms.

The humor might be fun for u, but it is fun on behalf of others.

Offline Tydeus

• King
  • Renown: 1422
  • Infamy: 351
  • Item re-unbalance guy
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tydeus
  • IRC nick: Tydeus
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2013, 06:31:08 pm »
+1
It would certainly be more than just thirty minutes. More importantly though, how do you decide what takes priority? There's an infinite number of smaller, seemingly easy to implement things that could be done. If they focused on just those, they'd never get any real changes accomplished, not to mention no work for M:BG would get done.
chadz> i wouldnt mind seeing some penis on my character

Offline Tigero

• Knight
  • Renown: 57
  • Infamy: 129
  • cRPG Player
  • Respecer, Dictator of holy virginal defenders
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2013, 08:25:31 pm »
Well that would only mean they are lazy bastards!  8-)

The humor might be fun for u, but it is fun on behalf of others.

Offline Belatu

• Count
  • Renown: 242
  • Infamy: 111
  • what
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Belatucadros
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2013, 08:31:56 pm »
+5
Boulder-on-a-stick wave
My fridge is my shield

Offline Nightingale

• Balancer
  • Renown: 925
  • Infamy: 205
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Elderly Woman
  • IRC nick: Nightingale
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2013, 09:18:18 am »
an organized cav charge against peasants could be pretty awesome :D

Still wouldn't be OP though. On higher waves that same cavalry charge would get wrecked probably worse than if we charged on foot.

Offline Elio

• Marshall
  • Renown: 737
  • Infamy: 20
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The treeee!
    • View Profile
    • Calradia's Maps Explorer
  • Game nicks: Elio
« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2013, 01:33:43 pm »
+2
Boulder-on-a-stick wave
This, I want to be the boss of this wave!