Author Topic: Locking down your own fief to prevent an attack  (Read 13911 times)

Offline Aztek

• Count
  • Renown: 282
  • Infamy: 62
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Hospitaller
  • Game nicks: Hospitaller Aztek
Re: Locking down your own fief to prevent an attack
« Reply #105 on: March 30, 2013, 10:39:33 pm »
Kesh all those troops you see are people that had small armies dropping off everything into the city/castle they were at as everyone is going inactive, your way off saying we're a recruiting machine, and besides, I rather have 15k shiny troops than 25k troops with crap/broken gear. Everyone is loaded with inactives so why can't we all just agree to that and stop with the assumption that every other clan is far better off.

Offline Malaclypse

• King
  • Renown: 1299
  • Infamy: 146
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: March 30, 2013, 10:42:12 pm »
+4
Ban Blackzilla for not following through on his rebellion, now exposed without doubt as a farce.
You think you're pretty smart with your dago mustache and your greasy hair.

Offline Gmnotutoo

• King
  • Renown: 1387
  • Infamy: 229
  • Space Pope of BIRD CLAN
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Unicorns
  • Game nicks: Gmnotutoo
« Reply #107 on: March 30, 2013, 11:44:44 pm »
+2
I've lost respect and trust for our NA Leader Admins over this last month because of this and many other reasons. I know who the people are too, I don't need to guess who is in charge.

The new and less experienced admins do a better job than their leaders, they should be cycled into Leadership in place of whatever system is active as of right now. In my opinion the only thing I see these people doing is maintaining their popularity.

I like the majority of the current admins and feel they do a good job in battle/siege. My beef is only with the people in charge.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

THIS IS A MANLY CLAN. FOR MANLY MEN. DOING MANLY THINGS.

Offline Goretooth

• Duke
  • Renown: 634
  • Infamy: 237
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: March 30, 2013, 11:50:34 pm »
+3
I've lost respect and trust for our NA Leader Admins over this last month because of this and many other reasons. I know who the people are too, I don't need to guess who is in charge.

The new and less experienced admins do a better job than their leaders, they should be cycled into Leadership in place of whatever system is active as of right now. In my opinion the only thing I see these people doing is maintaining their popularity.

I like the majority of the current admins and feel they do a good job in battle/siege. My beef is only with the people in charge.
yep

Braeden - Clanless maybe? or Free Peasant not sure - Rarely plays, plus might be retarded
Tydeus - Nord EU Scum - Hates adminning

Offline Gmnotutoo

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: March 30, 2013, 11:51:03 pm »
+2
yep

Might be the first time I've ever +1'd you man.

<3

Offline Blackzilla

• Earl
  • Renown: 451
  • Infamy: 108
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FIDLGB(strat/crpg),Dracul(Friends)
  • Game nicks: Blackzilla_FIDLGB, Helios The Shiny
  • IRC nick: Blackzilla
« Reply #110 on: March 31, 2013, 12:16:57 am »
Ban Blackzilla for not following through on his rebellion, now exposed without doubt as a farce.
Fuck it dude, lets go bowling.

After watching " The Big Lebowski" my views on life and Crpg changed.

Offline Gmnotutoo

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: March 31, 2013, 12:22:02 am »
Fuck it dude, lets go bowling.

After watching " The Big Lebowski" my views on life and Crpg changed.

If you're sincerely apologizing publicly about this then I will forgive you, based on the fact the dude abides.

I'm an ordained Minister for the Church of the Latter Day-Dude. http://dudeism.com/whatisdudeism/

Offline Canary

• Marshall
  • Renown: 826
  • Infamy: 202
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
« Reply #112 on: March 31, 2013, 12:39:15 am »
+6

Since you specifically mentioned NA administration, let me remind you: There is only one "leader admin" on NA. There's one head NA admin, and recently there was one sort of "Junior head NA admin". Neither of us ever had any right, responsibility or obligation to police breaches of strategus rules relating to the map or website, that power resides only in the developers' hands. The only thing the "higher ups" on NA are responsible for, besides applying in-game rules themselves, is managing the NA admin team as a whole, which amounts for the most part to merely picking who becomes an admin and removing it from people who misuse it.

If you're suggesting that we get involved and go beyond our means to punish people for things we're not in charge of punishing them for, I will remind you of the last time that happened.

Offline Matey

• King
  • Renown: 1327
  • Infamy: 372
  • cRPG Player
  • A Pirate
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Matey_BRD
« Reply #113 on: March 31, 2013, 12:58:46 am »
My only complaint about NA admins in relation to this topic is that they haven't been successful in getting the devs to actually do anything about it.

Offline Canary

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: March 31, 2013, 01:04:15 am »
+5
But oh, how we've tried.

It's one of many things on a long list of strategus issues that have come up over the past few weeks.

Mechanics for siege engines are almost entirely broken ever since the patch. There were maybe a dozen battles that got the "gear bug" caused, evidently, by the database, that lost people a lot of resources that will probably never be refunded. I, for one, would rather they work on mechanical issues that literally break the game rather than take the time to look into an issue where there's still a shadow of a doubt as to whether it was in breach of the rules, and decide how to punish the parties involved if they deem it an illegal maneuver.

It's unfortunate that the same people are the only ones that can handle both things, though.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2013, 01:11:07 am by Canary »

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: March 31, 2013, 01:10:50 am »
Hey, I still think nothing that went happened was in violation of any rules.  It was an in-character attempt to stage a coup, and a withered, exhausted fief owner (Smoothrich) decided to not endure another massive battle of bugged unspawnable gear so I gladly surrendered to an army that wasn't FCC, in the middle of Hero Party Succession Wars/Plots.

Unless you are saying, it is against the rules for wars to be anything but honorable Man2Man LARP based combat of honorable duels and chivalrous mega alliances?  If you haven't noticed, the way me and lots of people  always played Strat with or against me was anything but honorable. 

Constant propaganda, terrible plots (like bear, badplayers, mukis, and blackzillas that caused this ordeal), betrayals and griefs, and regardless of the amount of times I've been screwed over by friends or foes cheating or exploiting or whatever I tend to get over it pretty fast.  Because its usually hilarious.

The only thing funny about the FCC guys keeping this thread alive is, well, everything, so go on.
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

Offline Goretooth

• Duke
  • Renown: 634
  • Infamy: 237
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: March 31, 2013, 03:00:17 am »
+1
Might be the first time I've ever +1'd you man.

<3
yeah kinda fed up after six months of trying to get a complaint about an NA admin resloved. Only one to reply is muki. Shik sends me to canary and he just ignores even though another NA admin witnessed it.

Braeden - Clanless maybe? or Free Peasant not sure - Rarely plays, plus might be retarded
Tydeus - Nord EU Scum - Hates adminning

Offline Canary

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: March 31, 2013, 04:08:13 am »
+1
yeah kinda fed up after six months of trying to get a complaint about an NA admin resloved. Only one to reply is muki. Shik sends me to canary and he just ignores even though another NA admin witnessed it.

I'm fairly sure I replied to you more than once. But here's the rub: What exactly do you want us to do? It's a complaint about a problem that happened months ago that is based only off of what you said and that one other admin was in the server when it happened, and at the time the admin in question didn't seem to think it was important enough to say anything about it, or post about it on our private admin forums. We can't check the logs from that time period because they were broken, but even if we could, you waited over a month to raise your voice over the issue and couldn't direct us to a specific timeframe anyway.

Talking with the admins who were there, the supposed culprit and the witness, didn't result in much. What do you want to have happen, someone to lose admin over such a nebulous claim? We can't do anything about your issue because there's nothing real to base action upon. If we didn't respond, it was because we had nothing further to say.

I'll ask you kindly to drop the issue and I am letting you know that I'll do my best to keep an eye on all the admins and try to curb situations like this as/before the arise.

Edit for clarity: The strat issue that's actually at hand in this thread is still valid and you guys are very welcome not to drop it, as it should still be addressed, there's just nothing the NA admins can do, and until/unless the devs respond, nothing will happen.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2013, 05:51:12 am by Canary »

Offline Gmnotutoo

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: March 31, 2013, 04:57:00 am »
+1
edit: My opinions and views did not change because of the replies, just not going to further drag it out in this thread.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2013, 05:44:56 am by Gmnotutoo »

Offline Canary

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: March 31, 2013, 04:18:57 pm »
+1
Unrelated posts split and merged to relevant feedback thread

This section is for Strategus related issues.