Poll

Should the gen cap be removed?

Yes
No

Author Topic: Remove the gen bonus cap.  (Read 2504 times)

Offline ThePoopy

• Earl
  • Renown: 411
  • Infamy: 56
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • .l..
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Templar
  • Game nicks: PolePoop
Re: Remove the gen bonus cap.
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2013, 12:33:50 pm »
+1
-30xp/gen

Offline Rebelyell

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 398
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Bobby
  • IRC nick: boobby
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2013, 03:14:54 pm »
+1
higger gen less exp
gen 35 here
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Hey, I just met you,
And this is crazy,
You just killed me
Nerf you maybe?

Offline rufio

• Marshall
  • Renown: 995
  • Infamy: 483
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • QQ
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Rufio_pleaser_of_widows, LeLouche_LampeRouge, Quenya_Favourite_of_Rufio
« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2013, 03:21:20 pm »
+1
op is brainfarting like crazy

Offline oprah_winfrey

• Marshall
  • Renown: 808
  • Infamy: 196
  • cRPG Player
  • Now look under your seat...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: JABONRA
  • Game nicks: Egan
« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2013, 03:35:11 pm »
This is a horrible idea. 7250 at x5 is more than enough, when will you loom crutchers be content?

There is 135 +3s in my clans armory. I have 18 +3s. From a stand point of crutching, it doesn't really matter how many more times I retire, I just like using different weapons and playing different classes.

Offline BlueKnight

• Marshall
  • Renown: 983
  • Infamy: 200
  • If you run, you will only die tired...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2013, 03:44:10 pm »
+1
Imho gen 1 should be 1400 exp per tick, gen 2 1430/tick, 3 1460/tick until you reach 1820 and then you should stop there (or even stop at 1700 or sth). It takes totally ages when you are gen 1 and you are trying to level up. It is definitely too long for low gens.

Also it could be like somebody suggested that gen bonus could be connected to the account not to the character so for example when you have main gen 20, any of your alts at gen 1 or other would be gaining this 1450 exp/tick.

Those are not high-gen players that need more looms but little newcomers or just low-gen characters. It would increase amount of alts I guess and decrease loom:gold ratio because looms would be slightly more popular. Less gold for loom = gold gaining worth and becoming more important currency.

Skyrim UI

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2013, 04:09:04 pm »
+1
Remove gen exp bonus, IMO it sucks in because new players get a rough start while gen 16+ people are getting new loomies by the minute (ok not that fast but still quite a bit faster than new players). Instead make the exp bonus something inbetween, like 1300 exp a tick.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA

Offline oprah_winfrey

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2013, 04:33:06 pm »
Remove gen exp bonus, IMO it sucks in because new players get a rough start while gen 16+ people are getting new loomies by the minute (ok not that fast but still quite a bit faster than new players). Instead make the exp bonus something inbetween, like 1300 exp a tick.

Right, because having more looms then you can even equip puts you at such a huuuge advantage. I am a high gen, and I continue to retire because I get bored of doing the same thing and like to play different classes/builds.

But I'm sure you disagree and think that I am at a huge advantage with my secondary/tertiary items/armors loomed, or the +3 blue hood I just loomed up. Certainly way more then if I just stopped retiring and was lvl 35 24/21 2h hero with a loomed kuyak, heavy gauntlets, sword.

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2013, 05:25:02 pm »
+2
Why do you need them, then? Just use STFs.

Offline Kaoklai

• Tournament Champion
  • Earl
  • Renown: 400
  • Infamy: 285
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Free Huey
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 21, 2013, 05:37:56 pm »
What about a diminishing gen bonus after 16?  Like gen 17 +20 xp, 18 +10, 19 +5, 20 +5 and then +2 or something for every gen after that.  Maybe make it so that it's every gen after 16 from the time it is implemented so that people who are already gen 45 or w/e don't instantly get a huge bonus.  Just spitballing. 

Offline Spa_geh_tea

• Baron
  • Renown: 130
  • Infamy: 114
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bearded Vagrant
« Reply #24 on: February 21, 2013, 06:26:45 pm »
+1
Markets not flooded enough with looms?

Level 35 should never be easily obtained. Kudos to those that respec once it is achieved.

Cap is a good addition, it rewards those who put the time in. But, doesn't make overboard.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #25 on: February 21, 2013, 06:56:17 pm »
+2
Between the marketplace and the armory, pretty much everyone already has fully loomed gear.
I don't think you understand the gross difference between the clanner hard core players and the average player, gen wise.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline oprah_winfrey

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 21, 2013, 07:09:50 pm »
I don't think you understand the gross difference between the clanner hard core players and the average player, gen wise.

I guess I don't know what the definition of an average player is, but apparently they aren't in clans?

But

In terms of effectivness, being gen 16 and 160 are very close. At gen 16, you can have body armor fully loomed and a weapon. Anything higher then that doesn't really matter because you generally don't equip two weapons. (exceptions are cav and ranged)

So whatever the average player is gen wise, they will be fighting against the same thing except the guy who is gen XX will sometimes have different +3 weapons. This is achievable anyway via the marketplace.

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #27 on: February 21, 2013, 07:13:05 pm »

He doesn't.

I consider myself to play more than your average cRPG player (typically 6 or 7 nights every 2 weeks for a couple hours each night) and I'm only gen 13 (granted I retired once at 32 and once at 33 so I would be gen 16 right now if I didn't fuck up my build, and didn't get enticed by the double XP Sunday + the loompoint I got when investing).

Amazes me all the people who are over gen 20, and the people who are level 34 or 35 (I think Aldo is level 36 a little birdy told me)
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline xxAcexx

• Noble
  • Renown: 11
  • Infamy: 0
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Ace
« Reply #28 on: February 21, 2013, 07:19:55 pm »
+1
Looms dont even turn the tide that much and half the community doesnt even retire so why not

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #29 on: February 21, 2013, 07:46:44 pm »
Looms dont even turn the tide that much and half the community doesnt even retire so why not

body armor at +3 typically gives you 5 more body and 5 more leg armor, add in +3 gloves and they give you (typically) 5 more body armor.  Loomed body/gloves give you 10 more body armor than normal (that is quite significant, at 40 base body armor that's 20% increase).

I notice a huge difference in a +3 heavy lance and a normal heavy lance, you have 1 more speed, and 3 more damage (from 23pierce which is laughable, to 26pierce which is somewhat useful).

Looms do make a difference.  Personal skill is still the most important factor, as well as your character's level and build, but looms play an important role.
 - Stolen from Macropussy