Author Topic: XP Multiplier per account instead of per character?  (Read 1574 times)

Offline KaffeKalle

• Knight
  • Renown: 45
  • Infamy: 17
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: KaffeKalle, CheeseChester, CedricTheBald, DartLeif, Baglady
XP Multiplier per account instead of per character?
« on: February 18, 2013, 06:51:33 pm »
+28
Wouldn't that be pretty sweet? I mean, when you retire your account gets the bonus instead of just your characters? I play different characters alot, got a poler, a horser, bow-guy, 2hander, thrower... and change between all of them every now and then. So the way the system works at the moment just punishes that kind of behavior, not a big deal of course, but I still think it would be a nicer way to do things.

Offline Commodore_Axephante

• Earl
  • Renown: 439
  • Infamy: 38
  • Jumping with my overheads since '04
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ravens of Valhalla
  • Game nicks: Reidi_the_Unfettered
Re: XP Multiplier per account instead of per character?
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2013, 07:01:29 pm »
+3
I thought it already worked the way you're suggesting :(

Gen 1 is my safe place. The truth out there is brutal.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2013, 07:02:26 pm »
+2
Sure, why not, this would actually lessen the ratio of amount of gold per xp for everyone as well as reward players for experimenting with new alts and funny characters.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Riddaren

• Duke
  • Renown: 601
  • Infamy: 298
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Riddaren, Matthaus
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2013, 07:40:42 pm »
Players with lots of alts wouldn't get "punished" for it. I think it's only fair if it worked this way.
On the other hand, different characters are not relatives so I understand why it would be "illogical".

Offline WITCHCRAFT

• Highborn
  • King
  • Renown: 2174
  • Infamy: 227
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen
  • get hexed
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: WITCHCRAFT, A_Hot_Elf_Princess, Yurnero_of_the_High_Plains, and secret alts
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2013, 07:51:07 pm »
I've been at the gen 16 cap on xp for a while now, and it is keeping me from playing my alts. Even winning rounds, the grind is much slower at generation 1. If this change was made, a lot of people in the same situation as me would make and play alternate characters.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

irl something shorted on the shuttle and laika overheated and died within a few hours of liftoff and for a brief while one could look up to the stars and see a light shooting across the sky that was actually a warm dog corpse slingshoting about the earth at thousands of miles per hour which was arguably humanity's greatest achievement so far

Offline LordRichrich

• Count
  • Renown: 297
  • Infamy: 115
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2013, 07:57:17 pm »
I can see a problem.
So you're gen 16, you make (exaggeration) 100 alts. They are all gen 1. But all 100 of your alts will level up the same as a gen 16, I can see a huge amount of heirloom abuse with this. Hell, even just on a gen 1 char, if you play him to 31, while having 100 alts, you get 101 loom points for the same time period as one.

I personally would abuse this, as would pretty much everyone

Offline KaffeKalle

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2013, 07:59:30 pm »
+2
?? You dont level faster on 100 different alts than you would playing the same character to lvl 31 a hundred times... or did I missunderstand something?

Offline LordRichrich

• Count
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2013, 08:01:42 pm »
?? You dont level faster on 100 different alts than you would playing the same character to lvl 31 a hundred times...

You have char A and char B. Currently, you only earn exp on char A when you play char A, and on char B when you play char B. They want it so that when you play char A, char B also gets experience, as would char C, D, E, F, G etc etc

I think I herpderped. You mean when you play char A (who you retired) he gets the exp bonus, and when you play char B he gets the bonus too?

Offline KaffeKalle

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2013, 08:04:46 pm »
+1
No my suggestion what that you get the same Xp-bonus on all your chars. So that my alts who only retired once dont get 1030 but rather the accumulated value of all my gametime spread on my account which would be equal to seven or eight regens and 1240ish xp a tick. Not free XP on all chars on your account... that would be silly.

Offline LordRichrich

• Count
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2013, 08:05:32 pm »
No my suggestion what that you get the same Xp-bonus on all your chars. So that my alts who only retired once dont get 1030 but rather the accumulated value of all my gametime spread on my account which would be equal to seven or eight regens and 1240ish xp a tick. Not free XP on all chars on your account... that would be silly.
Ah ok! My bad! So when char A is gen 16, char B gets the max exp per tick when you play as char B?

Offline Commodore_Axephante

• Earl
  • Renown: 439
  • Infamy: 38
  • Jumping with my overheads since '04
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ravens of Valhalla
  • Game nicks: Reidi_the_Unfettered
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2013, 08:07:50 pm »
Ah ok! My bad! So when char A is gen 16, char B gets the max exp per tick when you play as char B?

That's how I read it.

Offline KaffeKalle

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2013, 08:09:41 pm »
That's how I read it.

That is how I meant it. Dont want anything for free, just want to be able to mix things up and still get the same benefits of Xp-bonus as anyone who plays the same character over and over.

Offline LordRichrich

• Count
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2013, 08:11:00 pm »
Hum, personally I'd go to gen 16 on one char, get back to a level 30ish, then make an alt and use him just for looms, cos he'd get the equivalent of gen16 without any of the effort. Imo, it would still make looms a lot easier to get. Which is a terrible idea

Offline Miwiw

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 525
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Miwiw
« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2013, 08:36:00 pm »
It's still 100 hours of playing time, while having x1, even with 1450 xp per tick. However you get 1 more tick each round at 6:30 and you should have around 2x-3x usually, so it should be about 45 - 60 hours playing time in the end for those 8,700,000 xp.
I wouldn't claim you really quickly level up, even with 5 hours a day. ;)

Like the suggestion. I hate playing an alt, my main is gen 26 by now and I cant play another character, as it feels so slow.  :D
Miwiw_HRE - Two Handed
Trade with me

Offline LordRichrich

• Count
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2013, 08:48:58 pm »
It's still 100 hours of playing time, while having x1, even with 1450 xp per tick. However you get 1 more tick each round at 6:30 and you should have around 2x-3x usually, so it should be about 45 - 60 hours playing time in the end for those 8,700,000 xp.
I wouldn't claim you really quickly level up, even with 5 hours a day. ;)

Like the suggestion. I hate playing an alt, my main is gen 26 by now and I cant play another character, as it feels so slow.  :D

I don't mean quickly, just quicker. I don't mind tbh, a lot of people already have a lot of looms, and this'll just benefit high gens even more