Author Topic: Remove the merc banner  (Read 4796 times)

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: Remove the merc banner
« Reply #45 on: February 15, 2013, 12:44:07 am »
+3
Let me get this straight, out of all the god-aweful banner sin the entire game, you think the Merc one is the worst?!

Out of EU banners at least, the Merc one is quite bad yes.

Offline Lizard_man

• Marshall
  • Renown: 717
  • Infamy: 153
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Lizard_man, Jinmenju
« Reply #46 on: February 15, 2013, 12:48:53 am »
mercs, whom if u want to join you need to be a fairyboy/ troll/ liar/ hypocrit. preferably a mix of those.

Hmm, rather be a Merc than a pussy Nord. You really have the wrong idea about our clan if you think that's what the members are like...
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #47 on: February 15, 2013, 12:51:42 am »
Are you a goat? One of Zlisch's gay little friends?
I personally don't know him.
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #48 on: February 15, 2013, 12:59:30 am »
+3
Let me get this straight, out of all the god-aweful banner sin the entire game, you think the Merc one is the worst?!
The others are usually funny in some way, the merc banner (as Elmokki pointed out) looks like something a twelve year old copypasted though.

In other news... ...Zlisch_The_Butcher, sF_Leonidas, zottlmarsch, Kelpie, Leshma and 1 Guest are viewing this topic...
...Back from the dead?
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline zottlmarsch

• King
  • Renown: 1114
  • Infamy: 162
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems (Founder)
  • Game nicks: Eberhart & Juta von Krems
  • IRC nick: Dan
« Reply #49 on: February 15, 2013, 01:15:12 am »
+1
its made nice, but looks way too modern for a medieval game.

Offline Lizard_man

• Marshall
  • Renown: 717
  • Infamy: 153
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Merc_Lizard_man, Jinmenju
« Reply #50 on: February 15, 2013, 01:43:27 am »
+1
Like it matters, this game doesn't even have camels for fuck's sake... :o

Offline Tuetensuppe

• Event Manager
  • Renown: 1057
  • Infamy: 88
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Merc_Tuetensuppe Tojtensoup_throwing_spoons Merc_cry_me_a_soup
« Reply #51 on: February 15, 2013, 02:14:53 am »

Quote from: Gnjus
yes thats the problem, no more nice clans, everyone acts like theyre the real thing but all are just greedy backstabbing arrogant sons of bitches

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #52 on: February 15, 2013, 02:17:54 am »
+3
Personally, I've always liked the merc banner. Think Nords have the best banner though! visitors can't see pics , please register or login
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline zagibu

• cRPG President
  • King
  • Renown: 1436
  • Infamy: 228
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 15, 2013, 02:27:36 am »
+3
It's a really cool render, but unfortunately, it's not a banner. Also, one of the older Nord banners was much better than the current one.
 Why am I beswung by sharpe and pointed utensyls?

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • Renown: 1578
  • Infamy: 538
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lone Frog
  • Game nicks: Oberyn
« Reply #54 on: February 15, 2013, 02:30:45 am »
+4
Merc banner has the most backstory and legitimacy out of any cRPG banner. Originally it was the 3 swords on white and red shield native banner. We took it and made it our own. The meaning behind it was to represent the founder's triumvirate type leadership. Then it was the 3 swords and a scale, pile of gold coins on one side and armor/weaps on the other. Then wings got added, scale removed and armor/helmet added and background changed to black. Then the helmet changed from a sallet to some weird skull mask with a crown of thorns for some reason. Personally I was a fan of the simpler 3 swords+scale banner. Maybe cause that's around the time I started not giving a shit about Strat anymore and left leadership up to others, so it represents my "era" as Merc leader XD.

Offline Torben

• King
  • Renown: 2011
  • Infamy: 352
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • still prepare to get sexed
    • View Profile
  • Faction: by my overly nerfed heavy lance.
« Reply #55 on: February 15, 2013, 05:11:38 am »
Merc banner has the most backstory and legitimacy out of any cRPG banner. Originally it was the 3 swords on white and red shield native banner. We took it and made it our own. The meaning behind it was to represent the founder's triumvirate type leadership. Then it was the 3 swords and a scale, pile of gold coins on one side and armor/weaps on the other. Then wings got added, scale removed and armor/helmet added and background changed to black. Then the helmet changed from a sallet to some weird skull mask with a crown of thorns for some reason. Personally I was a fan of the simpler 3 swords+scale banner. Maybe cause that's around the time I started not giving a shit about Strat anymore and left leadership up to others, so it represents my "era" as Merc leader XD.

any chance one could look at the different banners?  would be nice : )
Yes, I know from whence I came! Discontented as a flame, Upon myself I live and glow. All I grasp like lightning flashes, All I leave behind is ashes
Flame I am - that much I know!

Offline rufio

• Marshall
  • Renown: 995
  • Infamy: 483
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • QQ
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Rufio_pleaser_of_widows, LeLouche_LampeRouge, Quenya_Favourite_of_Rufio
« Reply #56 on: February 15, 2013, 08:59:48 am »
+1
Hmm, rather be a Merc than a pussy Nord. You really have the wrong idea about our clan if you think that's what the members are like...

common everybody whos been in this community long enough knows you are like the 4 chan of it.  :lol:

Offline Torben

• King
  • Renown: 2011
  • Infamy: 352
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • still prepare to get sexed
    • View Profile
  • Faction: by my overly nerfed heavy lance.
« Reply #57 on: February 15, 2013, 09:14:00 am »
the hell is 4chan
Yes, I know from whence I came! Discontented as a flame, Upon myself I live and glow. All I grasp like lightning flashes, All I leave behind is ashes
Flame I am - that much I know!

Offline oerput

• Knight
  • Renown: 40
  • Infamy: 31
  • cRPG Player
  • cuckold
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merc
  • Game nicks: Gooseberry
« Reply #58 on: February 15, 2013, 10:32:31 am »
its fine as it is but i wouldnt mind if they removed those wings. they seem kind of fairy

Offline DaveUKR

• Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 242
  • cRPG Player
  • Small rain lays great dust
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 15, 2013, 11:18:55 am »
+11
any chance one could look at the different banners?  would be nice : )

There were different versions and some of them I can't find. I'll put here all the banners and heraldics of Mercs. All of them had their symbolism. I'll try to resurrect some info, though there will be mistakes as I can't recall all of this correctly. Nocti would be the most appropriate person to ask.

The first banner was native "3 swords on red-white background"

It looked cool and it symbolized the unity of power and 3 leaders: Oberyn, Gnjus and Olwen. This banner was used up to the times of specific clan flags (it was replaced by newer banners but the place was reserved exclusively for Mercs in all of the custom bannerpacks).

This is the banner which symbolizes the idea of Mercenaries. Colours are saved, and they're still red and white, scales added to symbolize fighting for money, wings added to symbolize impossibility to reach Mercs?

Also there was a logo like this (without Blood and Gold stripe?). It was used in signature

After that there was a reworked banner with black background, armour and sallet got added. This version of the banner was used for more than a year I think.

In game it had a small resolution and golden wings.

After a while there was a decision to change the banner. Most of the clan and I personally wanted the same banner but with a higher resolution. Someone suggested a skull (Nocti IIRC) from Mercenaries never die.

Also some clanmembers said that they didn't like high detailed banner and Burrick IIRC said that he hated golden wings. So I made a cartoonish version of a skull with all the symbolism of Mercs. There were different version but in the end we stopped at

Red eyes symbolize blood, golden coin symbolizes money, swords symbolize skill and teamplay, skull symbolizes death, scratches and cracks symbolize fight.

I personally didn't like what we came to as skulls simply can't look cool if you draw them in heraldic way, they just look cartoonish like a rock group for children in 1980s. So I smashed the whole Nocti's brain speaking about new banner every day and asking to remake the old one. There were also a lot of different versions before we came to the final one but it is what we have now: