Author Topic: The Great NA War -Losses To date-  (Read 53043 times)

Offline Bronto

• Head NA admin
  • King
  • Renown: 1339
  • Infamy: 268
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: The Great NA War -Losses To date-
« Reply #555 on: August 27, 2013, 10:59:55 pm »
+1
Can we do a couple during the day too? I'm not around very much at night time due to a busy schedule.

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #556 on: August 27, 2013, 11:02:26 pm »
+2
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

I keed...I don't see why day time battles couldn't happen too (there's plenty of people who work night jobs or go to school during the day, or who are too poor/ignorant to move to America so they are only on during NA day hours). 

Also Matey, I would also hope that if battles were agreed upon, that people would stop trying to attack fiefs of those members fighting....obviously not everyone will be on board I imagine, so you can't control some of those loose cannons. 
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Matey

• King
  • Renown: 1327
  • Infamy: 372
  • cRPG Player
  • A Pirate
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Matey_BRD
« Reply #557 on: August 27, 2013, 11:10:18 pm »
+2

I keed...I don't see why day time battles couldn't happen too (there's plenty of people who work night jobs or go to school during the day, or who are too poor/ignorant to move to America so they are only on during NA day hours). 

Also Matey, I would also hope that if battles were agreed upon, that people would stop trying to attack fiefs of those members fighting....obviously not everyone will be on board I imagine, so you can't control some of those loose cannons.

The easy solution is to just not send out people who own fiefs. If you own a fief you should be inside it! I personally have a hard time seeing FCC being too eager to send out lots of armies for field battles though considering our enemies can afford going 1:1 while we cannot.

Offline BaleOhay

• Marshall
  • Renown: 789
  • Infamy: 229
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BS
« Reply #558 on: August 27, 2013, 11:59:35 pm »
+3
end the wars and lets get down to some fighting! people can sign for either side.. I would love to attack Narra just to fight on the map it and a ton of other places
Leader of BS

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
« Reply #559 on: August 28, 2013, 12:29:29 am »
Just a little update. Not enough battles anymore for weekly updates. Hell, I had half as many updates as I did a few weeks ago.

Get cracking and bash in more skulls, drink from them and then make drama!

Reason:

http://c-rpg.net/index.php?page=strategusbattlesarchive

FCC stopped being the attackers, because so many factions were attacking us.  But even with all those individual factions attacking us they have less than 1/3rd the number of attacks per week (ignoring the 100+ hospitaller attacks on 100 man unarmed armies) that FCC alone would do on the warpath.  Sorry, until the carebear alliance crumbles in upon itself (not likely since so many factions share a common teamspeak, which is funny since FCC has 4 different teamspeaks of the various companies within the free companies) this boring eu style strat is liekly to continue.  I know this is what we have been mostly fighting this whole strat, but a faction came from eu and brought that exact mentality with it and its slowly spread among their allies.

Basically the plague is this: take no risks whatsoever for fear of losing troops and gear in a silly internet game and "losing strategus" - never go balls deep attacking cities with 3K+ troops, never send 5 armies to intercept various armies guaranteed to lose just to teleport one guy to eu, never atatck castles and cities unless the odds are overwhelmingly in your favor (do have to give props to ll and hospies for at least having balls as a much smaller faction than occitan to repeatedly attack ichamur), never risk a war as an attacker where you commit tens of thousands of troops even though you have multiple other enemies   - all these characteristics are distinctly the american balls-to-the wall spirit and it actually really sucks to see so much french white flagging popping up across the strategus map.
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline Kaelaen

• Count
  • Renown: 163
  • Infamy: 11
  • cRPG Player
  • Peasant
    • View Profile
    • H2O Kaelaen's Youtube Videos
  • Faction: Blandiloquent Rampallion Deutereagonists (BRD)
  • Game nicks: Kaelaen_BRD
  • IRC nick: Kaelaen
« Reply #560 on: August 28, 2013, 12:36:15 am »
+2
Can we get all the faction leaders together and agree to start yolo'ing open field battles every night?  I only get to play about every other night if I'm lucky and there's never any battles when I'm on :(

That would be pretty awesome.  At this point I do wonder how many people even care anymore?  The trash talking is either uninspired or repetitive, the actual battles are . . . there's been like what, 2 NA fights in the last two days?  Two of which were just attacking random Chinese people?  If everyone who is involved in their faction's strat holdings could get together and work something out, for the community, that would just be peachy.

Or you know, we could continue what we always do and continue to hate the shit out of each other.  And then sit in our impregnable cities/castles glaring at dots.  I don't know, I'd be perfectly fine trading away the aforementioned boring trash talk if it involved getting more fun battles throughout the day.  Yeah I'm with a lot of people in the opinion that strat sucks, but that's just because at the moment you can't really do shit without keeping in mind a whole bunch of other shit (at least, if you want your dots to still be on the map.)

Of course, working together to create fun, no more backstabbing each other, that doesn't sit well with some people *COUGH*CertainFCCFactionLeaderWhosNameStartsWitha"K"*COUGH*.  So I doubt it would ever happen, but it's nice to dream.
-idlewind

Offline BaleOhay

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: August 28, 2013, 12:49:46 am »
+2
like I said we can easily make it happen. Just takes a few people to come to the table. I am sure the vast majority of FCC would rather be fighting even if it means giving back what we take just to be doing something..

I know you guys hate what kesh says but he is not wrong all the time.. and occitan alliance attacking style is boring.

Arowaine and crew want to make strat fun again? Lets announce our fights plan them out stop caring "who wins".. Ravens, Chaos, TKup? MB? and everyone else lets do this thing..
« Last Edit: August 28, 2013, 01:55:29 am by BaleOhay »
Leader of BS

Offline Jack1

• King
  • Renown: 1029
  • Infamy: 231
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jack1_, Abbud_Amari, The_Doc, Gottlob_Kohlman
  • IRC nick: Risen_Jack
« Reply #562 on: August 28, 2013, 01:44:43 am »
+1
bunga bunga bunga
We're all nerds here, so it doesn't really matter.

Offline BaleOhay

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: August 28, 2013, 01:57:11 am »
+3
I would love to see the narra map

Ravens you guys care if we send a force to have a go at it? Equal up the numbers.. If we actually win we will give the darn place right back

All those people at war with us lets squish the war and have some fun instead. hell blow my mind and some of you actually sign up for us

come on all you guys have to have some maps you always wanted to try but due to alliances and friendships never got the chance.
Leader of BS

Offline Goretooth

• Duke
  • Renown: 634
  • Infamy: 237
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: August 28, 2013, 02:17:23 am »
+3
Reason:

FCC is scared to lose strat again.

Braeden - Clanless maybe? or Free Peasant not sure - Rarely plays, plus might be retarded
Tydeus - Nord EU Scum - Hates adminning

Offline BaleOhay

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: August 28, 2013, 02:22:34 am »
+2
If you think so. We have plenty of troops and gear for all of them. Have been able to trade without problems even with armies around. Occitan has yet to attack anything remotely scary for them. It is boring and getting worse. At this rate 6 months from now we will all be in the exact same position.
Leader of BS

Offline Canary

• Marshall
  • Renown: 826
  • Infamy: 202
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
« Reply #566 on: August 28, 2013, 04:44:08 am »
+3

Fun fact: we (Chaos/FIDLGB) were planning to attack Narra because of its interesting map before we decided to try and get into a war with FCC. The reason we changed our mind was because the siege engines were broken and we weren't sure they were going to be fixed soon enough.

I'd enjoy fighting for the sake of fighting, but I fear it would lose the interest of sincerity to go at it with full-out pre-arranged battles. It would give less meaning to the resources players have gathered and would detract from the importance of their involvement because of that. It'd also reduce the hostility between warring factions, which is not entirely a bad thing, but the fun of having a "bad guy" would be all but removed, save for the purposes of roleplaying.

Still, working out a good way to have some war is better than not having (active) war at all.

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
« Reply #567 on: August 28, 2013, 05:02:23 am »
If you actually work out the numbers - FCC has fought almost 1 battle a day since the start of strat and its not attacking afks with 100 unarmed troops - we have on average used up 700 troops a day in fighting with good gear, which equates to roughly 400-500K xp a day for strategus players if we did a  1 to 1 against our opponents.  We have done the brutal role of having to attack castles and cities and have taken over 8 castles and cities by force alone - allowing people to fight on different maps.

Castles and cities are so rarely attacked its a lot of fun to fight on them as they are such rare events - our members had a lot of fun filling our roster in attacking almost a dozen different castles and cities over the course of strategus.  Pretty much what im saying is your alliance outnumbers us over 3 to 1, its your turn now to do what we did for the rest of the strategus community instead of playing it safe for another 12 months over some silly strategus game.  Are we really expected to initiate the attacks even now with most of na fighting us?

Let me tell you - knudarr and tilbaut are some fun castles to fight in :)
« Last Edit: August 28, 2013, 05:06:51 am by Keshian »
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline Relit

• Duke
  • Renown: 574
  • Infamy: 109
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Relit
« Reply #568 on: August 28, 2013, 05:03:56 am »
+1

Ravens you guys care if we send a force to have a go at it? Equal up the numbers.. If we actually win we will give the darn place right back

I will talk to the Raven guys and see about it. I will get back to you soon either way.

Offline Rhalzo

• Duke
  • Renown: 599
  • Infamy: 48
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FIDLGB
« Reply #569 on: August 28, 2013, 05:31:54 am »
+3

(click to show/hide)

Narra is a beautiful map. I'd like to see how much of it is actually accessible by the defenders/attackers.

As Canary said a few posts back, we had planned on attacking it but then the siege equipment went to hell and we called it off. That lead to a not as much fun set of events.

Rhalzo's already in Chaos' cooler older brother clan, he's fine riding his motorcycle around in a leather jacket smoking cigarettes with GIRLS, our little treehouse isn't his speed anymore.