Author Topic: Roleplay vs Stats  (Read 2940 times)

Offline Prpavi

• King
  • Renown: 1525
  • Infamy: 402
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 私 わ 変態 です
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Prpavi, Prpafeee
Roleplay vs Stats
« on: February 11, 2013, 10:18:42 am »
Im wondering how do you pick your gear?

do you go for your personal/clan roleplay and adjust your gear to that or you try to get the weapon/armor with the best stats atm and roll with that?

what is your preffered style (do u have one at all?) and if you choose to roleplay to what extent do mu follow it.

I roll with the easter theme and am trying to to it as strick as possible yet im having problems with the gauntlets because Strange ones are the only real eastern one but are too light. there is also mixing of Chinese and Japanese weapons and armor. so im curious what exceptions do u make and why?
« Last Edit: February 11, 2013, 05:32:36 pm by Prpavi »
And now he can't play because of "common sense" and he doesn't understand how this common sense works
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline no_rules_just_play

• King
  • Renown: 1401
  • Infamy: 384
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE; Peasants United; Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: CapraAegagrusHircus_HRE; no_rules_just_play_HRE
  • IRC nick: norulesjustplay
Re: Rolepay vs Stats
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2013, 10:24:14 am »
weapon: pikes. i started with long awlpike and since than only used 2D polearms. i wont use the ashwood pike because it looks like shit imo.
gear: 4 different kinds of stats: light, medium and heavy. i have a set of each and purely choose what looks nice imo. I dont really care about the clans restrictions because i can use everything i want (except ninja mask for my warpriest)
attributes: knifes. because its fucking awesome. my medium gear has 3 knifes. they are useless but look awesome.

Offline Kuujis

• Count
  • Renown: 298
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Midreek_HRE
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2013, 10:51:39 am »
+1
weapon: pikes. i started with long awlpike and since than only used 2D polearms. i wont use the ashwood pike because it looks like shit imo.
gear: 4 different kinds of stats: light, medium and heavy. i have a set of each and purely choose what looks nice imo. I dont really care about the clans restrictions because i can use everything i want (except ninja mask for my warpriest)
attributes: knifes. because its fucking awesome. my medium gear has 3 knifes. they are useless but look awesome.
Dude, we have a whole LIST of banned items... :) And don't tell me you don't want to go all kuyak when in medium armour :P Everyone is a Kuyak hero in his secret self  :rolleyes:

To answer OP: I actually enjoy when Yellow HRE swarm siege, gives this... you know... YELLOW feeling  :twisted: So I support clan Role Play in this case wholeheartedly.

Also - Fallen guys have a GREAT banner to enforce RP. Since they actively prohibit heraldic stuff - you run with a pink back , if you wear heraldic armour  :mrgreen: (a.k.a. "Dear archers, shoot me, I stand out of the crowd" :rolleyes:)

Offline no_rules_just_play

• King
  • Renown: 1401
  • Infamy: 384
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE; Peasants United; Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: CapraAegagrusHircus_HRE; no_rules_just_play_HRE
  • IRC nick: norulesjustplay
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2013, 10:58:55 am »
+5

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2013, 11:20:36 am »
I go for looks first and stats second - simple as that. And I try to use stuff that makes me giggle or that fits to the choice of build/weapon.
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline Templar_Ratigan

• Count
  • Renown: 183
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2013, 11:21:18 am »
+1
I'm roleplay all the way. Smurf suit and MW stones anyone?

Maybe one day i'll bring that style back...
He reached for his pants and grabbed the cheese, missing the bees whose honey he needs.

Offline Relit

• Duke
  • Renown: 574
  • Infamy: 109
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Relit
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2013, 11:24:10 am »
+2
In NH we limit ourselves extremely and continuously add to our banned items lists after discussion among ourselves. We do not roleplay but we do try to incorporate teamwork into everything we do.

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2013, 11:37:33 am »
+9
All my characters have totally RP'ed outfits, even if they're extremely far from efficient/minmaxed.

A lot of people say they go for looks, but that is not RP, if you still wear mismatching armor lol. All these bads in western armor using Miaodao make my eyes bleed >_>

Offline Tibe

• King
  • Renown: 1335
  • Infamy: 287
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2013, 11:41:53 am »
(click to show/hide)

Same thingy. Basically all out on looks. I dont know jack about the stats. I simply categorise armors to heavy/med/low armors based on own oppinion and go for looks. Never owned a single loomed armorpiece cause of this. Only loomed weapons.

Offline Macropus

• King
  • Renown: 1668
  • Infamy: 296
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Macropus
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2013, 11:51:00 am »
I don't roleplay certain culture or something, the most important for me is how the gear looks, I mean, I want it without bugged parts of armor model and so on.
A like archer's style a lot, when I was archer I often stared at my awesome looking character drawing his awesome looking rusbow, and often got lance to my back in the process.  :D

Offline Zox_Fury

• Baron
  • Renown: 142
  • Infamy: 11
  • cRPG Player
  • La illaha il'Allah
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Zox_Fury
  • IRC nick: Zox_Fury
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2013, 12:02:32 pm »
I want efficiency and desire . So i try to see the better ratio weight/armor or Speed/Damage/Lenght
Subhan'LLAH wa bihamdih

Offline LordRichrich

• Count
  • Renown: 297
  • Infamy: 115
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2013, 12:19:50 pm »
RP. As a Templar, I RP in that gear, usually using herladic mail as my knight, or light mail as my xbow.
When I play with my friend, we use lighter gear, like italian/german militia.
I never ever use mixed culture gear, and sometimes i even get the time period right :P

And unlike my fellow fake Templars, I am a real Templar, and only support the use of western warhorses. Saracen "ponies" couldn't be used by Western knights. They were too heavily armoured and used their horses as battering ramss, a tactic not suited to smaller horses

Offline Angantyr

• King
  • Renown: 1134
  • Infamy: 130
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2013, 01:03:11 pm »
+3
RP. A major part of cRPG is to me unlike as good as all other games the possibility of using beautiful, historical armaments. I cringe everytime I log into other games, over the inefficient-looking, plastic toy-seeming, fantasy bs that is supposed to be armors and weapons.

Offline EyeBeat

• Earl
  • Renown: 432
  • Infamy: 175
  • 20th BEST PLAYER IN HOSPITALLER
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hospitaller
  • Game nicks: EyeBeat_The_Wanderer
  • IRC nick: EyeBeat
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2013, 01:07:49 pm »
I always use different gear!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Being a smallish community doesn't entitle you to act more like a dick than other communities.

Offline Latvian

• King
  • Renown: 1494
  • Infamy: 379
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • с̴͎͖͈͟͠ͅу̷̸̻̣͇͚̫͎͇̩̟̖̪͇̯к̀́͠͞҉͎͚͎а̰̤͕̱͔̬͖̟̺͍͎́͞ ̸͝
    • View Profile
  • Faction: one and only DESERTERS
  • Game nicks: u know its me when you see me
« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2013, 01:09:17 pm »
+1
i totaly go for fashion, latest call of fashion is my strong side even if others dont recognize it i still look fabulous!
people are like potatoes, they come in different shapes and sizes and they all are beautifull
masturbating while looking in a mirror isnt wrong unless its the rear view mirror and you are driving a school buss.

it doesnt matter if you are happiest person or an unfortunate weeper, a powerfull beast or a terrifying creature. we are all equal, in the eyes of the reaper.