Author Topic: Why Teutonic Failed  (Read 2280 times)

Offline BADPLAYER_old2

• Earl
  • Renown: 360
  • Infamy: 235
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Not a Bad player
Re: Why Teutonic Failed
« Reply #30 on: February 08, 2013, 09:01:38 pm »
Probably a good idea to lock this thread, no one is coming off good~
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #31 on: February 08, 2013, 09:03:52 pm »
+5

Speak for yourself, I look FABULOUS!
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Artyem

• King
  • Renown: 1218
  • Infamy: 264
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • SODOM Shaman
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Dracul / Raven / SODOMY
  • Game nicks: Artyem
« Reply #32 on: February 08, 2013, 09:04:46 pm »
+5
I figure Teutonic 'fell' because they got jumped by Ildist and Mates, CHAOS and FIDLGB(?) when they were in the middle of their war of aggression on Fimbulvetr.  It would have been pretty even too, considering at that point we were fighting off the French-Canadian wave in the south.  Honestly, the only reason anyone should play this is because:

1. It's a game, games are for fun.

2. Strategy is cool, not that this game really supports strategy, but why the hell not.

3. Experience, strategus battles are great for XP, almost to the point that I only play cRPG itself to get strat ticks.

The diplomacy section is great for getting a good laugh and realizing that there are people out there who take Strategus far too seriously, and that could be because some people deal with stress differently from others, if Wesley has to go light it up with his friends to remember that it's a game and not his life, then who gives a shit?  For all we know it could be your fault, Jason, no one here really seems to support your claims and you're really just making yourself look like even more of an ass clown.

This section needs a large, easy to find disclaimer.

Sordida asinum latronibus sumus

Offline Gmnotutoo

• King
  • Renown: 1387
  • Infamy: 229
  • Space Pope of BIRD CLAN
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Unicorns
  • Game nicks: Gmnotutoo
« Reply #33 on: February 08, 2013, 09:06:12 pm »
+4

Give it one month and you'll be feeling like we all do.

Best advice I can give you guys is don't give him personal information and monitor his behavior, he is liable to turn on you at any moment.

Speak for yourself, I look FABULOUS!
You're always fabulous, darling.

THIS IS A MANLY CLAN. FOR MANLY MEN. DOING MANLY THINGS.

Offline Lemmy_Winks

• Count
  • Renown: 241
  • Infamy: 230
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Lemmy_Winks
« Reply #34 on: February 08, 2013, 09:28:21 pm »
+1
There seems to be a common trend here with inexperienced (as far as strat is concerned) clan leaders like Tanken and Wesley. When faced with high pressure situations in strat they simply collapse under the pressure or run away from the problem completely. I would think that kind of a person would be the last kind of person who should be in any kind of leadership position as high pressures situations are a part of that. People on this board have a habit of trashing certain clan leaders in strat, and say what you want about them, but when the chips are down they stand up and face the situation like men (if that's possible in an online video game), giving their all and doing the best they can to effectively lead their clan to victory.

I dont know if what jason says is true, but the defense some have given wes i think is incorrect. When you choose to lead a clan you are making a commitment to your players and you have a responsibility. Who knows how much time and effort the Teutonic clan members have spent building up their clan in strat. I understand choosing to do other real life things over strat is not only perfectly fine but encourage-able and preferable as some of you have mentioned. However in this case, when your clan is in its greatest danger, and your clan mates have put in so much time, and your clan trusts in you, and you have made that commitment and have that responsibility for them as their clan leader, that you need to take that evening to prepare the defense of your clan, again you made a commitment. Sure if there had been something in real life that was very urgent then ok, but not doing anything and allowing months of your clans hard work to be wiped out like that because you "wanted to get high" isnt a good excuse.

Whlie its not a good excuse the situation does remind me of a south park clip i really like:

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
Why Jason Failed
« Reply #35 on: February 08, 2013, 09:30:18 pm »
+2
Jason failed because everyone started thinking he was fucked up.
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Rhalzo

• Duke
  • Renown: 599
  • Infamy: 48
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FIDLGB
« Reply #36 on: February 08, 2013, 09:36:57 pm »
+7
Here's a random recording from the other night. It's like 52 minutes long. Recorded with Windows Sound Recorder so enjoy hearing me typing and hitting my bong at times.

(click to show/hide)

I also don't remember what was even said during this time span.

Rhalzo's already in Chaos' cooler older brother clan, he's fine riding his motorcycle around in a leather jacket smoking cigarettes with GIRLS, our little treehouse isn't his speed anymore.

Offline Malaclypse

• King
  • Renown: 1299
  • Infamy: 146
  • In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 08, 2013, 09:53:09 pm »
+7
Here's a random recording from the other night. It's like 52 minutes long. Recorded with Windows Sound Recorder so enjoy hearing me typing and hitting my bong at times.

(click to show/hide)

I also don't remember what was even said during this time span.

I don't even know if I can handle this much Jason- also, fuck Jason for his idiotic, unfunny, misogynistic remarks, using young women experiencing their biological nature for the first time as some sort of malus to be compared to (maybe I'm wrong, maybe he spends all day every day reaching out to scared, confused young girls who haven't been educated on their own bodies and can thus count himself as knowledgeable of their reactions, or maybe he's just as asshole, place your bets).
You think you're pretty smart with your dago mustache and your greasy hair.

Offline MURDERTRON

• King
  • Renown: 1337
  • Infamy: 428
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TRUMP / WEST 2020
« Reply #38 on: February 08, 2013, 09:55:34 pm »
+5
Did you guys miss the part where he's stalking me?
▀█▀▒█▀█▒█▒█▒█▒▒▒█▒█▀█▒▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█
▒█▒▒█▄█▒█▒█▒██▒██▒█▄█▒▒▄▄█▒█▒█▒▄▄█▒█▒█▒█
▒█▒▒█▀▄▒█▄█▒█▒█▒█▒█▒▒▒▒█▄▄▒█▄█▒█▄▄▒█▄█▒▄

Offline Rhalzo

• Duke
  • Renown: 599
  • Infamy: 48
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FIDLGB
« Reply #39 on: February 08, 2013, 09:58:36 pm »
+4
Did you guys miss the part where he's stalking me?

It seems like that you have made a new IRL friend. Or you can just get a restraining order or something.

Rhalzo's already in Chaos' cooler older brother clan, he's fine riding his motorcycle around in a leather jacket smoking cigarettes with GIRLS, our little treehouse isn't his speed anymore.

Offline Auphilia

• Earl
  • Renown: 480
  • Infamy: 190
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 08, 2013, 10:13:47 pm »
+3
Jason, if you wish you can join up with my clan. You must be very flexible as I change my theme every other week.
We can offer you quality rehabilitation and bring out the good person inside of you.
Profanities are not allowed in my TS when certain individuals are present.
We do not troll each other too much and we treat each other with loving kindness.
If you do anything wrong or upsetting, I will talk to you in private about it.
Any problems that arise would be dealt with in a calm and understanding manner.
Many of us like to role-play innocent looking female characters so that people think we are adorable.
It is important for us to feel special, and we want you to feel special too.

As far as strategus, I've personally lead two serious strategus factions and rage quit them both.
However, I assure you that I am a brilliant commander (at least for my current role-play).

Our current theme is barbarians. Most of my commands will be as follows:

CHARGE!!!!!
KILL EM ALL!!!
BRING ME THEIR SKAULLLZ!!!
NO MERCY!!!
Black Wolf, take your men to the south east and flank between the large oak tree and the river bed. You have exactly 12 seconds to cross the river and hit their archers. At 23 seconds, you must regroup your men and fall back behind the hills for cover, at which point I will counter push with the main force from both the west and the north. At 35 seconds you will be met with a unit of agile berserkers. I want you to lead them to the enemy flags and secure the points. When their flags have fallen you will hold the position to the last man. If the resistance is low, I want you to personally head to the northern hill and light the beacon. This will signal our forces to launch a full frontal assault on the enemy positions. When this is done, take your remaining men and hit the enemy from behind. Your objective is to surround the enemy commander and capture him alive. If the battle goes well, I will grant you the honors of slaying him.
RETREAT!!!!
FALL BACK!!!
[H]ELP!!!

Oh and we make cute videos sometimes.

Let me know if you are interested :3

Offline BADPLAYER_old2

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile

Offline BADPLAYER_old2

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 08, 2013, 10:44:40 pm »
+3
oh man you really should of closed this thread when I told you to Jason this recording ahahaha

Offline miggy

• Earl
  • Renown: 380
  • Infamy: 16
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • _\|/_
  • Faction: 1%
« Reply #43 on: February 08, 2013, 10:54:49 pm »
+3
(click to show/hide)

Offline WITCHCRAFT

• Highborn
  • King
  • Renown: 2174
  • Infamy: 227
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen
  • get hexed
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: WITCHCRAFT, A_Hot_Elf_Princess, Yurnero_of_the_High_Plains, and secret alts
« Reply #44 on: February 08, 2013, 10:57:09 pm »
+3
(I apologize to any tween females experiencing menstruation for the first time in relation to the remark, however please understand the context and subsequent cultural connotations of this concept).

Apology not accepted.

irl something shorted on the shuttle and laika overheated and died within a few hours of liftoff and for a brief while one could look up to the stars and see a light shooting across the sky that was actually a warm dog corpse slingshoting about the earth at thousands of miles per hour which was arguably humanity's greatest achievement so far