Author Topic: Dueling in battle servers  (Read 3982 times)

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
  • Renown: 1170
  • Infamy: 617
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: Dueling in battle servers
« Reply #30 on: February 07, 2013, 02:48:52 am »
+6
I'll ban duelers on sight (or maybe on a good day warn them before that). They are shitting on their own team and their fallen teammates who died to give them the number advantage. Throwing that away for crap duels is not acceptable to me.

It depends a bit on the context, but generally its pretty disrespectful to the dead guys who already seemingly ensured the win for their team. If someone is outnumbered at the end then its because his team failed, and dead guys on the winning team played better. He should try to win against the odds or lose, for the sake of fairness for the dead guys

If the guy clearly has no chance to win some 1v1's at the end are fine. If its like 4v1 then I would not like to see dueling as its very possible to gift the enemy the win. If a teammate refuses to help and you don't really want to duel that should be against the rules, similarly to aiding the enemy team.

If you have ranged troubles use this:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Digglez

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 596
  • cRPG Player
  • YOU INCOMPETENT TOH'PAH!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Northmen
  • Game nicks: GotLander, Hamarr, Digglesan, Black_D34th
« Reply #31 on: February 07, 2013, 03:01:42 am »
+2
I'll ban duelers on sight (or maybe on a good day warn them before that). They are shitting on their own team and their fallen teammates who died to give them the number advantage. Throwing that away for crap duels is not acceptable to me.

instead of talking all big here, maybe you could actually update the posted server rules so this shit stop happening on a daily basis please?

Offline XyNox

• Marshall
  • Renown: 801
  • Infamy: 219
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Quincy Clan
  • Game nicks: Quincy_XyNox
« Reply #32 on: February 07, 2013, 03:03:18 am »
instead of talking all big here, maybe you could actually update the posted server rules so this shit stop happening on a daily basis please?

Or the time could be used to fix ghostarrows  :lol:

Offline Panos

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 1319
  • Infamy: 551
  • cRPG Player
  • Hate for 2h kuyak my old friends.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Varangian Guard
  • Game nicks: Varangian_Panos
  • IRC nick: Panos
« Reply #33 on: February 07, 2013, 03:37:37 am »

I WANT TO FEEL WHAT LOVE IS!! I KNOW YOU CAN SHOW ME!!

Offline Legs

• Marshall
  • Renown: 819
  • Infamy: 88
  • cRPG Player
  • Loco Motive
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Arms, Legs
« Reply #34 on: February 07, 2013, 03:49:33 am »
'Enforcing duels,' as in teamkilling players who refuse to duel, is against the rules. That's fine. If someone wants to mob the last enemy that's their decision. You're not entitled to a fair fight.

At the same time, if someone decides that they want to hang back and give the last enemy a fair(er) fight they should be able to. Again, it's the player's choice.

Not everyone enjoys mindlessly rushing forward like a bloodthirsty barbarian. Let people have fun however they want, whether that means mobbing some poor lonely guy or giving him fair-chance honor duels.
Legs are used for standing, walking, jumping, running, kicking, and similar activities.

Offline Equal

• Earl
  • Renown: 344
  • Infamy: 24
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Secretly not gay
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Equal
« Reply #35 on: February 07, 2013, 04:22:01 am »
So what I'm getting from this thread is that whenever I ask in chat for duels I am potentially putting myself and others at risk for being kicked/banned from the server? That's bullshit lol.

First off, just because you ask for duels doesn't mean it must be enforced. If the enemy doesn't want to duel then it doesn't happen anyways. Shouldn't be bannable.

Secondly, if the dueler gets their request, other players shouldn't get banned for it. It would be like if someone told everyone on their team to go camp some area.. It's just verbal strategy, strategy for the dueler being 1v1s can win the match easier. Shouldn't be bannable.

Might as well make the last person on a team drop their weapons and charge in - oh wait that's against the rules too. Also Horse Archery..nuff said.

Seriously, lean back and relax and watch the cool duels, usually when I'm last alive I try to stay alive until the next tick, or make my teammates wait until the tick. If you hate waiting for a maximum of 6 minutes then why don't you try not dying  :wink: try enjoying the game for once.

Offline Pentecost

• Earl
  • Renown: 313
  • Infamy: 32
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 07, 2013, 04:38:20 am »
+2
I don't mind if people ask for duels, but I'd like it if there was a definitive ruling against people essentially forcing duels by electing to stand back and not help their teammates at the end of a round. Nothing is dumber when Miley, Rhaelys, Cyranule or some other stupidly dangerous player is the last person alive on the other side and all of the remaining members of your team, who either take their internet honor too seriously or have no self-awareness when it comes to their own ability at Warband, actually decide to fight him/her one at a time.

It's like they don't understand that the only reason why those players would ask for duels in the first place is because they know their chance of losing in a duel to anyone that isn't on their level is infinitely close to zero.

Offline no_rules_just_play

• King
  • Renown: 1401
  • Infamy: 384
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE; Peasants United; Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: CapraAegagrusHircus_HRE; no_rules_just_play_HRE
  • IRC nick: norulesjustplay
« Reply #37 on: February 07, 2013, 11:23:17 am »
Real men end the round with a knife.

Real men take 3 knifes to give a knife to their enemies.

Real men dont backstab duelers (unless when you use a knife, than its allowed)

Real men drop their weapon at the end of the round and charge in with their knife

Offline Miwiw

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 525
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Miwiw
« Reply #38 on: February 07, 2013, 12:56:17 pm »
+6
Stop talking about "real men", "honour" and such a shit. This is a goddamn game. People play battle because they want to play in a team, get multi and lots of xp/gold. And then some idiots decide to duel in the end and throw away their team's win?
Even if all people alive agree, it's not nice to the ones being dead as they probably do not agree.

Duels have no place on a battle server (except if its 1vs1 in the end of the round).
Miwiw_HRE - Two Handed
Trade with me

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 07, 2013, 01:00:38 pm »
its not because you duel that it changes something about winning or losing. ofcourse nobody will duel when its 2 vs 1 in the end, but a duel when its 30 vs 1 isnt that bad i guess :)

Offline Daunt_Flockula

• Marshall
  • Renown: 870
  • Infamy: 71
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
  • Step aside peasants!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Pixel Paladins
  • Game nicks: Cock_Blockula Kunt_Blockula Daunt_Flockula
« Reply #40 on: February 07, 2013, 01:23:08 pm »
+2
peeps randomly engaging in duels and getting pissed when you step in during siege, dm or tdm... pretty much the reason why I eventually left native multiplayer.

Offline Grumpy_Nic

• King
  • Renown: 1023
  • Infamy: 306
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Hermann_von_Krems
« Reply #41 on: February 07, 2013, 04:09:09 pm »
+2
I shoot into duels. I would also shoot at an enemy surrounded by 5 teammates. Dont care.

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 07, 2013, 04:53:23 pm »
i think its really annoying if someone *ahem* leshma *ahem* interferes in a duel with his 2hander, but using a dagger/knife or getting behind someone with your xbow and shooting him in the back of  his head from 0.5 m distance is always fun. its not easy, but its funny.

Offline MrShine

• Ragdoll Basher
  • King
  • Renown: 1156
  • Infamy: 193
  • Fear the stache
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: MrShine
« Reply #43 on: February 07, 2013, 05:01:31 pm »
+3
Here are my thoughts:

-Duels should never be enforced, it's always "ok" to gank the last enemy.
-If I'm the last one alive on my team, and the other team decides that they are going to duel me, I'm not going to complain.
-Sometimes duels can be a really cool way to end a round.
-Sometimes duels can be a really lame way to end a round.
-There are a lot of ways people can "force duels" through actions that are technically within the rules of the game.
-There are a lot of ways people can "force duels" during the middle of the round, which has the same ramifications but is much less obvious to spot/complain about.
-The above two thoughts make this a very hard thing to consistently moderate.
Holy crap I have a youtube gaming channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/MrShine12345

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 07, 2013, 05:06:03 pm »
If I am myself part of the dominating team, I think it is my right not to fight the last enemy if somebody else is already doing that. You know, manners, fun, enjoying the game...

Also not being mad at that particular moment or time of the month.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2013, 05:10:26 pm by Kafein »