Author Topic: Server Rules change?  (Read 797 times)

Offline Grumpy_Nic

• King
  • Renown: 1023
  • Infamy: 306
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Hermann_von_Krems
Server Rules change?
« on: February 06, 2013, 05:42:01 pm »
Was there a change of the server rules lately? When stuck usually people should go spec right? Or is it allowed now to stay stuck.

Offline Erzengel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 769
  • Infamy: 214
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Norse_Erzengel
Re: Server Rules change?
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2013, 05:44:27 pm »
You still have to join spec.

If you're stuck, change team to spectators or rejoin the server, otherwise you will be considered a leecher.

http://forum.meleegaming.com/announcements/official-server-rules/

Offline Grumpy_Nic

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2013, 05:56:12 pm »
Actually thats what I meant. Being stuck & being last. Or being one of the last.

Offline cmp

• M:BG Developer
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 2052
  • Infamy: 569
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: cmp
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2013, 06:00:05 pm »
I would like if the rule included "if you are stuck AND last one in your team" because just being stuck does not mean one should lose the potential multi.

Nope, then leechers would get stuck on purpose.

Offline Erzengel

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2013, 06:00:40 pm »
I would like if the rule included "if you are stuck AND last one in your team" because just being stuck does not mean one should lose the potential multi.

You don't lose your multi if you join spectator and rejoin. Atleast on siege. Afaik it is quite unlikely to get stuck in battle.

Offline Wiltzu

• Sceptical
  • Duke
  • Renown: 665
  • Infamy: 231
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kalmar Union
  • Game nicks: Kalmarin_Wiltzu
  • IRC nick: Wiltzu
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2013, 08:50:21 pm »
+1
You don't lose your multi if you join spectator and rejoin. Atleast on siege. Afaik it is quite unlikely to get stuck in battle.

Oh trust me it is easy to get stuck in eu1 =D
When in Rome, live as the Romans do; when elsewhere, live as they live elsewhere.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Kaikki on tasa-arvoisia. Toiset on vain tasa-arvoisempia kuin toiset.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2626
  • Infamy: 1215
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2013, 08:51:35 pm »
+2
All those carts, barrels, near stone structures. Perfect place to get stuck.

Offline Erzengel

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2013, 11:18:05 pm »
+1

I want to play a game with neutral admins, I'm sick of that bullshit.

You have been banned for abusing QML. You kicked an archer, he reported you and you QMLed him later as revenge. You were clearly breaking the rules and you know that. You even got only an extremly short ban for it (only one single evening since the left over hours at night shouldn't affect you). No reason to cry here. You should ask yourself if this is really worth it to make such a drama (and to retire your main/quit the game/whatever...).  :rolleyes:

Offline cmp

• M:BG Developer
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 2052
  • Infamy: 569
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: cmp
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2013, 11:39:00 pm »
I don't think anyone would get stuck on purpose due to high chance of whole shitty game crashing to desktop because it can't handle the stuck flood. I want a damn refund for every time I got stuck on x5 only to c2d 10 seconds later.

Stuck flood crash was fixed in WSE2, so that doesn't really apply.

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2013, 12:03:41 am »
I personally do believe that on some occasions you shouldn't have to go spec, and there is the occasional lack of the escape menu bug so you can't really ban people who go off and get stuck, in my opinion being stuck AND afk should be bannable, being stuck and being there shouldn't, and shouldn't even be kickable (with a few exceptions).

(click to show/hide)
Why'd you only gave him 12 hours? He's probably one of the guys who has played the most, even if all the other things are total accidents then the screens show him hitting XyNox somehow (fists/kicks/weapon/bump/whatever), XyNox presses M, Leshma seeing this decides to do whatever the fuck he did even though XyNox pretty much has stated he disliked it by pressing M. This alone is undeniable griefing, and in the very next round despite XyNox pressing M two times before Leshma still decides it is a good idea to somehow teamattack XyNox in some manner or another, it's pretty clear that it is also near the spawning time. Leshma herself has clearly stated in the past that he seeks for vocal griefing punishment to more or less disappear and for real griefing to be punished harder, which is but another reason to lengthen his ban.
Throw in the QML and you have a pretty clear case of griefing another player (to which a 12 hour ban is insanely light considering that Leshma should have some history and that people are often punished much more severe (recall Lies once being banned for either one or two days for an accidental QML (was meant to be on someone else) on someone who didn't die or kill someone shortly after he pressed M)  and Leshma once again being a hypocrite.
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Grumpy_Nic

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2013, 07:39:36 am »
+2
It would be great if the official server rules would be for all players. Obviously "well known" players, or veterans do not have to play by the rules and get covered by admins. I am sorry if I write admins in general, I'm sure its not all of you.
And none of what I wrote has anything to do with the Leshma case, I've got no idea how that happened and how this got into the thread.