Author Topic: Ban Thread: Jason_the_Great  (Read 732 times)

Offline GOBBLINKINGREATLEADER

• King
  • Renown: 1509
  • Infamy: 515
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Daruvian, GOBBLINKINGGREATLEADER
Ban Thread: Jason_the_Great
« on: February 02, 2013, 08:17:45 am »
Jason_the_Great was in a Strategus battle that Frisia had tonight. It was a 77 v 1 ticket count, and Jason spawned as the one ticket for Teutonic. He spawned naked on a rouncey and spent approximately 5-10 minutes intentionally delaying, leaching and avoiding chase. We only had 3 players on our team, none of which could catch up to him and none of which could effectively wield ranged weapons. We politely asked him to stop delaying and you can see his response below. I can have this corroborated by the players in the match, as well as Maple_Syrup and Sandersson, both of whom were in spectator.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Sandersson Jankins

• King
  • Renown: 1450
  • Infamy: 223
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CSA Apologists
  • Game nicks: fnord
  • IRC nick: "There's always a bigger nerd"- Qui-Gong Jim, Star Trek IV: Electric Boogalo
Re: Ban Thread: Jason_the_Great
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2013, 08:20:26 am »
Yeah, this really sucked. I talked to Spaniard, who said it wasn't against the rules. I've certainly seen people do this in big battles and get kicked/banned.

If it's properly allowed in strat battles, that's gay, but this thread can be locked ASAP. It's just going to be shit-flinging in here and everybody knows it. We'll try to keep our shit to ourselves.

I have more screenshots I'll upload if required...but I don't think anyone can rightfully doubt that he did what he did; only if it is against the rules is in question.

the administrator of this forum is the Internet Keyboard man? Can only play "authority" in the virtual world?Can you tell me why?

Offline Spanish

• Earl
  • Renown: 386
  • Infamy: 106
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 2h Cav Star of the year award winner.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The official Drama Llama of Knights_Hospitaller
  • Game nicks: Hospitaller_Spaniard, BowPersona, Span
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2013, 09:00:02 am »
This has actually happened to me before where my side ended up having to run down a couple people on horse and foot. We thought the same thing that this surely should be against the rules. However since this is strat the whole leeching and delaying doesn't apply here in this case or so I was told. So from what I was told last time this happened its viable just irratating and thus Jason shouldn't be banned.

I'll leave this open for awhile and see if the other admins know anymore about it.
My horse is named pebbles and we like to try.

Offline Dach

• Earl
  • Renown: 444
  • Infamy: 92
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Dach_BRD / SNSD_Taeyeon
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2013, 09:56:55 am »
I spoke to Jason about it, spawning naked on a horse isn't against the rule but delaying is, even in Strat.

Told him to not do it anymore, should be ok.

Not going to ban him for that one time though.  :)
A lot of people in the NA community know that Dach rages and in the process of his uncontrollable rage, he tends to kick people.

You've been warned! :twisted:

Offline Braeden

• Earl
  • Renown: 420
  • Infamy: 53
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • I hear the sound of drums
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Acre?
  • Game nicks: Braeden_Sanguine
  • IRC nick: Braeden
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2013, 10:13:39 am »
From the rules as currently written, this is delaying, and should not be done again.

However, the rules as currently written do seem to grant the attacker an unreasonable freedom.  It ought, in my opinion, be the responsibility of the attacker to bring the defender to combat.  If you wish to engage someone, they should not be responsible for coming to fight you.  I would in this case cite the precedent of castle sieges, in which the onus is upon the attacker to bridge the divide of walls.  In this case, the divide is of speed and maneuver, but I would still argue that it is the attacker's responsibility to bring with them the means of crossing that divide, and the defender ought not be forced to throw it aside any more than they would be expected to open their own gate.

Offline Sandersson Jankins

• King
  • Renown: 1450
  • Infamy: 223
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CSA Apologists
  • Game nicks: fnord
  • IRC nick: "There's always a bigger nerd"- Qui-Gong Jim, Star Trek IV: Electric Boogalo
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2013, 11:26:33 am »
I spoke to Jason about it, spawning naked on a horse isn't against the rule but delaying is, even in Strat.

Told him to not do it anymore, should be ok.

Not going to ban him for that one time though.  :)

Hey, that's fine. We don't give two fucks about revenge or anything like that, it would just be really fucking frustrating if this happened in strat often.

The problem would be if armies ended up with 10-20 troops, got them all as cavalry, delayed until the timer was out, then killed the attackers. That would be pretty fucking silly.

Thread can be locked, imo.

the administrator of this forum is the Internet Keyboard man? Can only play "authority" in the virtual world?Can you tell me why?