Author Topic: Sick to my stomach  (Read 6480 times)

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
Re: Sick to my stomach
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2013, 09:36:19 pm »
Seriously, nothing wrong with this. Just butthurt dudes from former Soviet Republics, nothing more.
Yeah, man, renaming a city of 1 million people after the greatest mass murderer of 20th century, totally cool. When are Hilter and Pol Pot getting their cities?

Offline Tibe

• King
  • Renown: 1335
  • Infamy: 287
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2013, 09:36:31 pm »
+4
Pardon my Baltic friend here. This is totally a baltic thing that we condemn and boycott every single bullshit move that Russia makes as much as possible. We couldnt do that in the past and now we making up for lost time by showing as much middlefinger to our eastern neibhour as much as possible before they start invading us again, since apparently they dont have enough land yet. :lol:

This is a bullshit move ofcourse. But this is no suprise. Putin is totally a crazy old coot, that imo should be put in a madhouse.

Offline Panos

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 1319
  • Infamy: 551
  • cRPG Player
  • Hate for 2h kuyak my old friends.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Varangian Guard
  • Game nicks: Varangian_Panos
  • IRC nick: Panos
« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2013, 09:52:08 pm »
+2
Stalingrad was named like that after Stalin defeated the Whites, PTX you can continue your holy war, it`s funny watching people, who apparently don`t know history, trying to prove they are right..
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2774
  • Infamy: 184
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2013, 09:58:21 pm »
+7
Yeah, man, renaming a city of 1 million people after the greatest mass murderer of 20th century, totally cool. When are Hilter and Pol Pot getting their cities?

That is what you think. I bet there are many Russians who think that Stalin is a hero. Do you know why they think that? Because he did same Hilter and Mao did before they started killing people, he helped his country survive serious economic crisis. Chinese today don't condemn Mao, just like Japanese don't hate Hirohito (he wasn't any better than any of guys mentioned). No wonder Putin has sympathy for Stalin, they are similar in a way. Both came to power when their country was economic mess and helped it overcome that.

Germans condemn einstein because whole world hates him. But deep inside I think there are many Germans who hate just one thing about einstein and that's the fact he lost the war.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 541
  • Infamy: 1817
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2013, 10:02:54 pm »
+2
PWe couldnt do that in the past and now we making up for lost time by showing as much middlefinger to our eastern neibhour as much as possible before they start invading us again, since apparently they dont have enough land yet. :lol:

If there wasn't foreign threat that won't allow him to do so (EU, USA, even China) I bet that Putin would invade former USSR countries ASAP.

Offline Panos

• Permanently Banned
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2013, 10:04:26 pm »
+4
That is what you think. I bet there are many Russians who think that Stalin is a hero. Do you know why they think that? Because he did same Hilter and Mao did before they started killing people, he helped his country survive serious economic crisis. Chinese today don't condemn Mao, just like Japanese don't hate Hirohito (he wasn't any better than any of guys mentioned). No wonder Putin has sympathy for Stalin, they are similar in a way. Both came to power when their country was economic mess and helped it overcome that.

Germans condemn einstein because whole world hates him. But deep inside I think there are many Germans who hate just one thing about einstein and that's the fact he lost the war.

Probably the first time that i totally agree with leshma.

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2013, 10:11:02 pm »
Probably the first time that i totally agree with leshma.
That's because of you are clueless  :wink:
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1995
  • Infamy: 801
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 01, 2013, 10:16:08 pm »
+1
This is open discussion, bring some arguments and prove us being wrong. WWII wasn't fought because people had ideals, it was war for supremacy and for survival at the same time. Every war was like that. Fight for ideals exists only in crappy history books most of us learn from in elementary and high school.

Offline Panos

• Permanently Banned
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 01, 2013, 10:17:05 pm »
+3

When it comes to military history, trust me, I know all of it.

Whether you like it or not, and despite their attrocities , most of the tyrants, if not all, want whats best for their country.

Thats the only thing I respect.

einstein wanted a strong Germany, same did Mao, same did Stalin, I can`t see something bad in that, the bad thing is how they tried to achieve it.

After all, it's not the destination but the journey that counts.

Offline Tibe

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 01, 2013, 10:20:24 pm »
+1

Aye, some of the stuff Leshma said....was well....not so correct as one might think. My oppinon of the matter is that only clueless brainwashed people or those that have something to gain from it, idolize Stalin. Stalin did not help the country out of economic crysis, he just,manipulated the media  so that the people living under the iron curtain would STFU and work and think that there is no crysis, no crime, no poverty, while it was completely the opposite.  Frankly I for one dont know why Putin idolizes Stalin while Medvedev acctually does the exact opposite.

Stalin did not want whats best for his country. He wanted a strong army and large borders. Same Hit..ler. These leaders are shit cause they didnt want their country to prevail. Its been proven that they really only wanted war.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2013, 10:26:57 pm by TiberiusX »

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #25 on: February 01, 2013, 10:20:36 pm »
[...]
Talking about this. Couldn't care less about your opinions about the rest...

That's where both of you are clueless. And at least about Panos I accepted by now that he isn't even willing to learn...
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 423
  • Infamy: 660
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 01, 2013, 10:21:34 pm »
+1
When it comes to military history, trust me, I know all of it.

Whether you like it or not, and despite their attrocities , most of the tyrants, if not all, want whats best for their country.

Thats the only thing I respect.

einstein wanted a strong Germany, same did Mao, same did Stalin, I can`t see something bad in that, the bad thing is how they tried to achieve it.

After all, it's not the destination but the journey that counts.

Bold part isn't true. With the rest I can agree.

Offline Panos

• Permanently Banned
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 01, 2013, 10:24:36 pm »
+1

That's where both of you are clueless. And at least about Panos I accepted by now that he isn't even willing to learn...

Yeah yeah typical molly, when it comes to talking serious, always tries to make others look stupid, i`m tired of your highnose shit bro, either speak with respect like me and leshma do, or you can go fuck yourself.

pathetic cunt.

Offline Tibe

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 01, 2013, 10:29:23 pm »
Ahh always loved history in school. Happly read the textbooks, did assignments with joy and discussed stuff with classmates in a circle. Good times...good times. :D

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2089
  • Infamy: 1163
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 01, 2013, 10:31:01 pm »
+2

Then give me answer to question that never got a proper answer. Why Germans supported einstein through the war? Whenever someone brings that, answer is that Germans couldn't overthrow him (he was too strong) which kinda makes sense or my favorite, that he was magician and that whole Germany was under his spell :lol:

Believe me, I lived under a tyrant. I know how that looks like and why people support a tyrant and when and why they decide to stop supporting him. You didn't, all you know about einstein you learned from history books and your ancestors.

In my case, support stopped when people realised that tyrant is weak and can't win anymore. That is the only moment they turned their backs to him. If he won (against NATO) he would still have fantastic support of his countrymen. If people live decently under a tyrant, they will always support him. Putin is tyrant too but people are satisfied with his rule.

People overthrow the likes of PolPot because he was doing some serious damage to his country. If he did that to foreign country but they lived a good life, they would support him. It's not about good or bad, it's about living a good life. Most people still eat meat (million of dead animals everyday) and use products made by poor and malnourished people who live short and pitiful lives but they don't care. What is important to them is to live good. Ideals are just an excuse and in most cases, circlejerking.