Author Topic: Shu Han declares war on the infamous Crusader Alliance  (Read 47071 times)

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
Re: Shu Han declares war on the infamous Crusader Alliance
« Reply #645 on: March 15, 2013, 03:25:28 pm »
:shock:

@Harpag
How about taking flags without a fight and handing it back again to Casimir, so we can have the battle as it was supposed to be? Show us that you can match the fairness of Templars or even surpass it.

A bug should be recompensated, but a mistake? Unfortunately no. Occitan did something similar at Caraf castle, retreated mid way through, and lost it. VE never gave it back. It happens, so you just go with the flow.

Bugs are something that Can't be planned for, so those should be recompensated, but human error? No, that's the point.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Casimir

• King
  • Renown: 1756
  • Infamy: 271
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The Dashing Templar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Casimir
  • IRC nick: Casimir
« Reply #646 on: March 15, 2013, 03:32:18 pm »
+1
I don't expect them to ive it back, but i'm glad we were able to talk about what will be done.

Im going to be working this evening so will transfer Bagge's equipment to Parre.
Turtles

Offline kinngrimm

• King
  • Renown: 1026
  • Infamy: 320
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • The Betrayer of Nations
  • Faction: Wolves of Fenris
  • Game nicks: kinngrimm, Karma
  • IRC nick: kinngrimm
« Reply #647 on: March 15, 2013, 03:38:25 pm »
+1
A bug should be recompensated, but a mistake? Unfortunately no. Occitan did something similar at Caraf castle, retreated mid way through, and lost it. VE never gave it back. It happens, so you just go with the flow.

Bugs are something that Can't be planned for, so those should be recompensated, but human error? No, that's the point.
well in that case there is nothing about being mercifull either. Casimir tried to do the right thing, was under lots of pressure and neglected his duties to his town. So by doing the right thing he now looses even more. I don't think that should be punished as it may turn out that then people are less inclined to repeat this example of fairness.

And also to the VE taking over the castle, well cheap victory, i don't agree here to go with the flow as you say in either case, but being the bigger man and not making it all over win or loose. Naive? Perhaps but as most things we see as good are to some extent naive, as long we don't try and do good there is none. Yes and often goodness is not repaid, but just imagine it would infect others positive. This game after all is also a mirrow of our cultures.

well that is just me i guess dreaming of a better world *sigh*

EDIT:
@casi not about you expecting, but seeing others value your former honorable deed and show that this can go both ways and not us always talking smack in the forum and inflicting rage by stupid comments. I do enjoy at times the later too, but mostly it makes me sad to see so much energy waisted.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2013, 03:43:12 pm by kinngrimm »
learn from the past, live the moment, dream of the future

Offline Hobb

• Earl
  • Renown: 489
  • Infamy: 96
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TKoV
« Reply #648 on: March 15, 2013, 03:55:40 pm »
+1
And also to the VE taking over the castle, well cheap victory, i don't agree here to go with the flow as you say in either case, but being the bigger man and not making it all over win or loose. Naive? Perhaps but as most things we see as good are to some extent naive, as long we don't try and do good there is none. Yes and often goodness is not repaid, but just imagine it would infect others positive. This game after all is also a mirrow of our cultures.

Cheap like dupe gold cheap?

Props on LCO to have such an economy that 30k troops later and over 1month of being invaded and still pumping out armies twice as expensive as the faction 3x your size.... Actually, not still, mysteriously enough these 2mill/per 1500 troop armies didnt show up until that bug at sekhtem. Weird how these things work.

Not that this would have changed our minds on the castle though. When strat is bug free and free of stupid features like the retreat mechanics il be more inclined to give back peoples stupid mistakes.

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #649 on: March 15, 2013, 04:45:33 pm »
+4
Win lose or draw I got respect for VE, they fight hard, but still have honor (which is certainly not required in a strategy video game) and class (taking Robert's posts with a grain of salt).  And gotta give them props for giving some gear back to LCO after LCO fucked up and retreated (on accident) as defenders with troops/gear still in the castle.  It was pretty obvious it was a mistake, but VE didn't have to compensate them in any way, human error happens, it's not like it was a bug.

VE is competitive (as we all are) but I'm glad that they aren't letting the game become more important than it really is...I'm as competitive and cut throat as they come, but some of these people being "above the game" (although remaining competitive) are giving me some hope for cRPG factions to not let what happens in strategus affect how they view others in cRPG or outside the game.

I always thought it was ridiculous that some people actually hate others (and hold grudges) due to what happens in strategus (and not just for the current round but going back multiple versions).  Would be cool if your strategus character (and factions) were randomly generated names when you join strategus and change each round so people don't "necessarily" know who you are (aka you could remain anonymous if you don't tell people who you are).  Maybe you wouldn't see the same blocs always allied/working together every strat iteration.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2013, 04:49:56 pm by CrazyCracka420 »
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Zaalback

• Count
  • Renown: 254
  • Infamy: 64
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Zaalback
« Reply #650 on: March 15, 2013, 05:32:19 pm »
Win lose or draw I got respect for VE, they fight hard, but still have honor (which is certainly not required in a strategy video game) and class (taking Robert's posts with a grain of salt).  And gotta give them props for giving some gear back to LCO after LCO fucked up and retreated (on accident) as defenders with troops/gear still in the castle.  It was pretty obvious it was a mistake, but VE didn't have to compensate them in any way, human error happens, it's not like it was a bug.

VE is competitive (as we all are) but I'm glad that they aren't letting the game become more important than it really is...I'm as competitive and cut throat as they come, but some of these people being "above the game" (although remaining competitive) are giving me some hope for cRPG factions to not let what happens in strategus affect how they view others in cRPG or outside the game.

I always thought it was ridiculous that some people actually hate others (and hold grudges) due to what happens in strategus (and not just for the current round but going back multiple versions).  Would be cool if your strategus character (and factions) were randomly generated names when you join strategus and change each round so people don't "necessarily" know who you are (aka you could remain anonymous if you don't tell people who you are).  Maybe you wouldn't see the same blocs always allied/working together every strat iteration.

Undeniably true. It's pretty ridiculous to see how few persons reacts about strategus , and get antipathic even out of its context .
« Last Edit: March 16, 2013, 06:04:21 pm by Zaalback »

Offline Rebelyell

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 398
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Bobby
  • IRC nick: boobby
« Reply #651 on: March 15, 2013, 06:07:40 pm »
War is over due my stupidity.

Hey, I just met you,
And this is crazy,
You just killed me
Nerf you maybe?

Offline kinngrimm

• King
  • Renown: 1026
  • Infamy: 320
    • View Profile
    • The Betrayer of Nations
  • Faction: Wolves of Fenris
  • Game nicks: kinngrimm, Karma
  • IRC nick: kinngrimm
« Reply #652 on: March 15, 2013, 06:23:46 pm »
Cheap like dupe gold cheap?
so you argue that because of they are not playing fair, you don't have to either?

well we are all formed also by our enemies it seems.

Then again we do have a chance to claim moral high ground , not by telling people we are the underdogs or arguing that this and that we did in the past is so much better then what the others did, but by acting like the white shiny knights some would like to think they are.
(click to show/hide)

@bobby
nothing is lost, besides some good XP and faith in humanity, we will deal with it.
learn from the past, live the moment, dream of the future

Offline Hobb

• Earl
  • Renown: 489
  • Infamy: 96
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TKoV
« Reply #653 on: March 15, 2013, 06:33:15 pm »
Playing fair? Its not like we cheated to take the castle. Just like the Templols, LCO fucked up and made a mistake, its all apart of the game: Human Error.

Especially in the Templar case, not reinforcing is just a silly mistake. The retreat feature is just poorly done.

Offline Harpag

• Marshall
  • Renown: 914
  • Infamy: 263
  • jebać merców
    • View Profile
  • Faction: UIF
  • Game nicks: Harpag_the_Grey
« Reply #654 on: March 15, 2013, 06:44:45 pm »
+1
Kinngrimm - you know very well that personally I like you very much, but in game, if you really want hehe, I can show you (Troll inside) what I think about "there is nothing about being mercifull" Don't try be too cunning  :wink:

Bobby - ha, just mistake, but you can join us, do something stupid on our bill, and everything comes back into balance  :wink:

Like I said - ceasefire until further notice.

Offline arowaine

• Duke
  • Renown: 614
  • Infamy: 159
    • View Profile
    • http://occitanclan.webs.com/
  • Faction: Occitan
  • Game nicks: Occitan_Arowaine
  • IRC nick: arowaine
« Reply #655 on: March 15, 2013, 09:05:04 pm »
+4
Playing fair? Its not like we cheated to take the castle. Just like the Templols, LCO fucked up and made a mistake, its all apart of the game: Human Error.

Especially in the Templar case, not reinforcing is just a silly mistake. The retreat feature is just poorly done.

Occitan/chev did not mistake you got the castle tu to a strat command bug that it get real fact and stop making bas suposition about what you don't know.

ps: lol to kesh for down voting me each time i make a post 5 mins after get a life dude you really need one definetly.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2013, 09:11:36 pm by arowaine »
Desire: pls smite FCC 2.0 T.T

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: March 15, 2013, 09:11:01 pm »
BASNAK should confirm this because hes now the diplomat of both ghuraba and rice eaters but I wish to grant a ceasefire to templars until their safe return too. Possibly peace since they now hold no fiefs in the contested area of Yalen.

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
« Reply #657 on: March 15, 2013, 09:13:29 pm »
Occitan/chev did not mistake you got the castle tu to a strat command bug that it get real fact and stop making bas suposition about what you don't know.

ps: lol to kesh for down voting me each time i make a post 5 mins after get a life dude you really need one definetly.

Hahahaha, this is the first time i checked this thread since i posted last night, you just got lucky/  :wink:  And it was very much human error more than a bug, Commanders should never QML in the middle of a strategus battle or QMS in your case.  Props to ve for giving you equipment back, not that you really need it after sekhtem.  :twisted:
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline arowaine

• Duke
  • Renown: 614
  • Infamy: 159
    • View Profile
    • http://occitanclan.webs.com/
  • Faction: Occitan
  • Game nicks: Occitan_Arowaine
  • IRC nick: arowaine
« Reply #658 on: March 15, 2013, 09:16:34 pm »

Hahahaha, this is the first time i checked this thread since i posted last night, you just got lucky/  :wink:  And it was very much human error more than a bug, Commanders should never QML in the middle of a strategus battle or QMS in your case.  Props to ve for giving you equipment back, not that you really need it after sekhtem.  :twisted:

get your fact straith oppened the menu wich mean q probably pressed s at the same time since i have big finger and make us retreat and as far as i know to retreat you need to do q m l S to confirm it was still pending from the battle before so get your fact straigth before talking without knowing anything still funny how fcc are briging na strat as boring as it was i should have stayed on eu with cheater at this point anyways we all know that most na are multi accouting so not a big deal i guess.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2013, 09:20:20 pm by arowaine »
Desire: pls smite FCC 2.0 T.T

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
« Reply #659 on: March 15, 2013, 11:04:59 pm »
get your fact straith oppened the menu wich mean q probably pressed s at the same time since i have big finger and make us retreat and as far as i know to retreat you need to do q m l S to confirm it was still pending from the battle before so get your fact straigth before talking without knowing anything still funny how fcc are briging na strat as boring as it was i should have stayed on eu with cheater at this point anyways we all know that most na are multi accouting so not a big deal i guess.

Being fat is not a bug, its human error.  Also, use that excuse - all of na is multiaccounters so its okay for you to use the money from massively duplicated gear in sekhtem to arm all your armies in full plate.
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo