Author Topic: The Strands of Fate Unravel before Thee!  (Read 2773 times)

Offline WITCHCRAFT

• Highborn
  • King
  • Renown: 2174
  • Infamy: 227
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen
  • get hexed
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: WITCHCRAFT, A_Hot_Elf_Princess, Yurnero_of_the_High_Plains, and secret alts
The Strands of Fate Unravel before Thee!
« on: January 26, 2013, 07:41:37 am »
+26
As you enter the town center of New Ambean, you notice a derelict blacksmith's shop. all windows are boarded over, and the sickly sweet smell of burning frankincense and juniper branches hangs in the air. When you open the door a small gust of air exhales from the building. There is a strange buzzing coming from inside, as if an impossibly large nest of hornets had made the shop its home.

A human figure lies near the coals of a dieing fire, and you can barely make out their attire. A veil of beads covers the figure's face, forming the image of a blue and white eye. When they begin to speak, your ears ring.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

"I CAN SEE WHAT FATE DENIES OF YOUR SIGHT. COME CLOSER AND UNRAVEL REALITY. EVERYTHING COMES APART IF YOU FIND THE STRAND. ALL IT TAKES IS A HAND. ALL IT TAKES IS A HAND."

You begin to feel dizzy and sit down. The deed is done. The ritual is begun.

(click to show/hide)

edit: if you are a follower of the faith, steer away. My practices are ruled as unclean and horrid in the eyes of the holy triad. The Horned Matron keeps watch over this land, and only those who pay heed to the speech of stones may hear the truth.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2013, 08:12:42 am by A_Hot_Elf_Princess »

irl something shorted on the shuttle and laika overheated and died within a few hours of liftoff and for a brief while one could look up to the stars and see a light shooting across the sky that was actually a warm dog corpse slingshoting about the earth at thousands of miles per hour which was arguably humanity's greatest achievement so far

Offline BASNAK

• King
  • Renown: 1349
  • Infamy: 170
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: MolonLave_Garlic
Re: The Strands of Fate Unravel before Thee!
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2013, 01:47:41 pm »
+18

Offline Sir_Mahtin

• Count
  • Renown: 151
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player
  • A man is and will always be just a man.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Le Chevalier Occitan
  • Game nicks: Chevalier_Martin
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2013, 02:16:46 pm »
+2
Love your creepy diplomacy topics.

Offline Kelugarn

• Marshall
  • Renown: 936
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • #̪͎̳̭̰͓͙ͯ͗̇͘ͅͅ1̢ͨ̈̆̓ͮ͐̌͏̪̦͓̣ ̽̇ͫ҉̸͕̻͙͖̮̹ͅN̡̥̭͖͙ͮ͊͡
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Free Peasants of Fisdnar
  • Game nicks: Froyo The Wizard
  • IRC nick: #FreeArys2012
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2013, 10:39:32 pm »
+3
Do not fear the unseen my brothers, for we are all beloved children in her eyes. Come now, she calls. She calls us!

Mother!

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2013, 03:45:54 am »
+2
I can't believe you made a thread about me.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Fringe

• Baron
  • Renown: 119
  • Infamy: 30
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Blackfist T.T
  • Game nicks: Fringe, Bane, Bane_of_Fringe
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2013, 03:55:25 am »
+4
I'm scared to look at that devil to long. Afraid it's going to do something  :cry:
Nemo vir est qui mundum non reddat meliorem.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2013, 06:53:12 am »
+1
Your Hopes:
(click to show/hide)

Your Fears:
(click to show/hide)

Your Past:
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 27, 2013, 06:59:17 am by Tears of Destiny »
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline WITCHCRAFT

• Highborn
  • King
  • get hexed
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: WITCHCRAFT, A_Hot_Elf_Princess, Yurnero_of_the_High_Plains, and secret alts
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2013, 05:17:52 am »
+17
Your Hopes:
(click to show/hide)

Your Fears:
(click to show/hide)

Your Past:
(click to show/hide)

AWWW, HERE IT GO! THROWIN DOWN THAT DECK AND READING THE INSCRUTABLE SCRIPT WRITTEN UPON THE THREADS AND FIBERS OF REALITY. BY WARP AND WEFT MY EYE TRAVELS, PEERING THROUGH, BEYOND AND AROUND THE EDGES OF THAT WHICH MORTAL EYES MAY SEE. YOUR DESTINY UNFOLDS!

CARD 1: Your general environment, that which influences all other things. A background to the rest of the reading.
DRAWN: SIX OF PENTACLES

A merchant weighs money on a scale, and spreads his riches to the needy and unfortunate. This card belies an air of prosperity and goodwill. Ever upward. Now is the time!

CARD 2: Your obstacles. That which lies before you.
DRAWN: THREE OF SWORDS

Three blades pierce a heart. A mighty storm looms in the background. You face the threat of diaspora, or shattering of friendships and alliances.  Your means of prosperity and mirth may be ruptured and cut off by an enemy.

CARD 3: Your ideal situation - the best possible future you can achieve.
DRAWN: ACE OF WANDS

A hand issues from a cloud. It grasps a mighty stave. Your best outcome is one of creation, beginning or birth of a new paradigm. The coming-into-being of something in the near future could fulfill all that you wish for, and more.

CARD 4: Your distant past - what brought you to where you are.
DRAWN: PAGE OF CUPS

A fair and slightly effeminate young page holds a cup. A fish rises from the cup and meets his gaze. A fair young man impelled you to offer your service in arms (?) or brought you news that struck you with such clamor that you were forced into action (???)

CARD 5: Recent past events. The current which is becoming the past.
DRAWN: MAJOR ARCANA VIII - STRENGTH (REVERSED)

A woman calmly grapples a lion by the jaws, dominating the beast. A lemniscate halo hangs over the woman's head. Abuse of power, weakness of leadership, or meaningless discord and strife among comrades has upset you. Infighting and name-calling will taper out to acceptance of one another.

CARD 6: Near future influence - that which is just around the corner.
DRAWN: FOUR OF WANDS

Four staves are laid into the ground and furnished with garlands of lush greenery. In the background, two females raise nosegays in celebration. Your future holds a peaceful state of repose and relaxation. There is an air of the simple life.

CARD 7: You, yourself.
DRAWN: TWO OF WANDS (REVERSED)

A man looks upon a body of water and shoreline. He holds a globe in one hand and a stave in the other. A rose, a cross, and a lily are prominent features of the image. You are awestruck by a recent revelation. Fear may be the result of thinking too much about this new topic - focus too hard and you will begin to see only the downsides, the worst possible situations.

CARD 8: Your house. The people with who you stand.
DRAWN: THREE OF WANDS

A calm and regal man watches ships passing in the sea. Three staves are planted in the ground. Your house holds the means for a discovery that will improve your commerce and enterprise. That which your lot do can be done better - and you guys have the means to make this happen!

CARD 9: Your hopes and fears.
FIVE OF CUPS (REVERSED)

A dark, cloaked man looks at three fallen cups. Two stand behind him. There is a bridge in the background. You hope for news of an alliance or a return to earlier (and "better" in your opinion) times. Your worst fear is the failure of a great project that looms on the horizon.

CARD 10: That which is to come. Your future and destiny.
DRAWN: KING OF SWORDS

The king sits in judgement, holding the namesake of his suit. In your future lies power, authority, and respect for your military intelligence. All these things combine to give you the meaningful and weighted judgement of a king. Your words shall decree, and so shall it be.

Bonus Round: Here is my personal recommendation of spirit to call upon. Unless you are a seasoned caller of outer realm beings yourself, hire a trained summoner. You can suffer punishments worse than death of you perform such things improperly. Suggestions and processes drawn from the Lemegeton Clavicula Salomonis Regis (Lesser Key of Solomon).

SPIRIT RECOMMENDATION: VALEFOR, DUKE OF HELL

-tempts others to steal
-improves your relationships amongst thieves
-commands 10 legions of demons
-will probably try to lure you into being caught thieving (be careful!)

He appeareth in the form a lion with the head of a man. No conjurer is able to command Valefor to change his form to that of a human in whole.

SEAL OF VALEFOR

Only get this seal engraved into an amulet or ring AFTER achieving safe contact with the spirit. Any dabbling you do into the black arts is done at your own risk. Good fortune be upon you, traveller!

(click to show/hide)

irl something shorted on the shuttle and laika overheated and died within a few hours of liftoff and for a brief while one could look up to the stars and see a light shooting across the sky that was actually a warm dog corpse slingshoting about the earth at thousands of miles per hour which was arguably humanity's greatest achievement so far

Offline ArysOakheart

• Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1322
  • Infamy: 176
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Free Peasants of Fisdnar
  • Game nicks: Arys_TheDrunkenPeasant
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2013, 05:25:22 am »
+2
Woah

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 02, 2013, 05:32:29 am by ArysOakheart »

Offline Commodore_Axephante

• Earl
  • Renown: 439
  • Infamy: 38
  • Jumping with my overheads since '04
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ravens of Valhalla
  • Game nicks: Reidi_the_Unfettered
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2013, 06:03:30 am »
+6
Hot_Elf_Princess, soothsayer, oracle, candle-in-the-dark, I avert my eyes in fear and awe of the grim tools you wield and work. Yours is my kind of nerditude. Here, in full view of the CRPG community, you RP. And you do so fearlessly, in spite of the dick-swinging, rage-hopped adolescents that populate these smut-laced halls. They're more likely to type "cool story bro" than finish reading your first sentence, but you don't fear them, because you're a really talented storyteller. Far braver than I.

I salute you with every gesture of respect my short life has taught me. Keep flavoring these boards with your dark salts. You're my hero.

PS: Can you get the same card more than once? Because I'm only personally interested if there is a chance of my getting the King of Swords every time.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2013, 06:09:45 am by Commodore_Axephante »

Offline WITCHCRAFT

• Highborn
  • King
  • get hexed
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2013, 07:27:49 pm »
PS: Can you get the same card more than once? Because I'm only personally interested if there is a chance of my getting the King of Swords every time.

No, there is only one of each card in a deck. But even if you had the same card for all 10, the interpretations of that card will be wildly different depending on the person you are reading for and the location of the card on the celctic cross. You can also play regular old card games with a tarot deck (not like poker, but tarot cards originated as deck for playing, and there are plenty of games to pick from). My friends that are usually up for rummy or pocket change blackjack won't touch them though. It's as if they think tarot cards are SPOOKY AND HAUNTED WITH SPIRITS LIKE A OUIJA BOARD. THIS ONE TIME THE COUSIN OF A FRIEND OF A FRIEND USED A WEEGEE BOARD AND THEN HER HOUSE BURNED DOWN THE NEXT DAY. IF YOU TOUCH IT YOU WILL GO TO HELL. They are just mundane cards. They aren't powered by the occult or the moon's rays or Satan's bargain for your soul.  :)

(click to show/hide)

Offline Bjord

• Amateur heretic
  • King
  • Renown: 1328
  • Infamy: 1109
  • salty turks
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2013, 07:47:48 pm »
+3
(click to show/hide)
When you stare into the abyss, the abyss stares back.

Offline Commodore_Axephante

• Earl
  • Renown: 439
  • Infamy: 38
  • Jumping with my overheads since '04
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ravens of Valhalla
  • Game nicks: Reidi_the_Unfettered
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2013, 10:00:33 pm »
+1
They aren't powered by the occult or the moon's rays or Satan's bargain for your soul.  :)

Aww come on, not even one of those?

Offline WITCHCRAFT

• Highborn
  • King
  • get hexed
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2013, 05:02:31 am »
+3
Woah

The eye single sees what the eye double cannot! VISION GROWS MILKY, THEN EYES ROT! Your fortune lies splayed, like hunting prey bayed and slayed! HEED THE CALL OF THE WITCH!

CARD 1: Your general environment, that which influences all other things. A background to the rest of the reading.
DRAWN: TEN OF SWORDS

A man lies prostrate, victim to all ten swords this card holds. Beware traitors, backstabbers, and those who leech from your giving hand! Your lands shall lie bare and devoid of fruit! Desolation and sadness hang above thee!

CARD 2: Your obstacles. That which lies before you.
DRAWN: KNIGHT OF PENTALCES

The knight rides a slow and enduring black horse. This corresponds to his own manner. You are laden by a need to give service. Not by force, but by virtue of the utility you and your people provide. Offers made to you might be "do or die" situations. You are provided false options, but have no choice but to comply or perish.

CARD 3: Your ideal situation - the best possible future you can achieve.
DRAWN: NINE OF CUPS

A nobleman sits in mirth; behind him lie nine full cups of spirit. Concordence, victory, and tactical advantage lie beyond the next hill. True satisfaction can be had if you and your people put their best foot forward!

CARD 4: Your distant past - what brought you to where you are.
DRAWN: KING OF PENTALCES (REVERSED)

The king lies in verdant rot, his robe overtaken by greenery. His dark face suggest courage but also lethargy. His throne carries the symbol of a bull's head. Vice, weakness, and corruption have strangled your past. By a hand not your own, your wealth has been choked and harvested too early.

CARD 5: Recent past events. The current which is becoming the past.
DRAWN: TWO OF CUPS (REVERSED)

A young male and female pledge oaths to one another. Above them rises the cadecus of Hermes, the god of speed and health. False alliance, foolish relations, or misunderstandings between parties have hindered you, but this will soon end.

CARD 6: Near future influence - that which is just around the corner.
DRAWN: THREE OF CUPS (REVERSED)

Three maidens celebrate in a garden, cups lifted. They pledge to one another. Matters at hand shall come to a conclusion.

CARD 7: You, yourself.
DRAWN: ACE OF PENTACLES

A heavenly hand comes forth from a cloud, holding a pentacle. You exude an aura of contentment and felicity. Others around you have their day brightened by your presence. Your quick wit makes fast friends, the beginnings of important alliances.

CARD 8: Your house. The people with who you stand.
DRAWN: TEN OF CUPS

A full family celebrates beneath a heavenly rainbow bearing ten cups. Your land is peopled by those who seek repose and are content with their lot in life. Stirring them to action may take effort, but they are good at heart.

CARD 9: Your hopes and fears.
PAGE OF WANDS (REVERSED)

A young man appears in the desert, as if upon a journey. His stance exudes proclamation, a claiming of strange sorts.  His decree is mysterious and unknown. Misleading and false news could put you and your allies into doubt. Beware indecision and lethargy brought on by rumors.

CARD 10: That which is to come. Your future and destiny.
DRAWN: KING OF CUPS

The king holds a short scepter in one hand, and a great cup in the other. His throne is set upon the sea, with a merchant ship to one side and a leviathan to the other. The element of water looms high over this card. A fair, responsible man will come to your aid. He will be oblidged to offer his service to you. His expertise in law and art will provide creative insight to your future obstacles.

BONUS ROUND:

ALLOW NOT THE VILE BLACK HOUNDS INTO THY COURT. THEY DESPOIL ALL THAT THEY TOUCH. THE PAWS OF THESE CURS REAP NO REWARD. ONLY SORROW CAN BE FOUND IN THEIR TEETH.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2013, 09:33:26 pm by A_Hot_Elf_Princess »

Offline WITCHCRAFT

• Highborn
  • King
  • get hexed
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2013, 07:04:08 am »
+2
Proper tarot readings are like using an Alethiometer from the His Dark Materials series of books (you know, The Golden Compass? the books are better than the movie by legions, even as an adult they are worth reading despite being "young adult fiction" if you enjoy fantasy books). Every card drawn has manifold meanings, and their purpose depends completely upon the information you have on your reading target. It's like writing a god damn college essay, but with less words and more thought.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2013, 07:15:31 am by A_Hot_Elf_Princess »