Author Topic: Points for winning / losing duels  (Read 415 times)

Offline Rainbow

• Count
  • Renown: 167
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Points for winning / losing duels
« on: January 23, 2013, 08:28:53 am »
+4
What a neat concept indeed; however, I am not a fan.  I know it is a big e-peen thing which is of little consequence to me.  I would like it if there were an option to disable this feature so I cannot get points nor lose points and a tag be created when I activate this so others know. 

I remember back in the day when I would duel somebody and get knocked down, they would let me get back up to finisht he duel.  I have yet to be knocked down with this new system where I don't get beat to death on the ground which takes the fun out of it.  Also, I just duel to improve and I don't like how a lot of people won't even duel me now because I will take their points.  Even I have had reservations about dueling certain people because I might lose points.  I do not like this at all and I would like to know if we could consider an option to remove this feature as an option per character and create a banner or tag of sorts so everybody in duel server knows it is safe to duel you without fear of losing points!  Thank you very much!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Akynos

• Earl
  • Renown: 369
  • Infamy: 157
  • cRPG Player
  • Is now an agiwhore :*(
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Skono, Rollmops
Re: Points for winning / losing duels
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2013, 01:02:26 pm »
+1
I support this idea.

I love to duel people, but now I rarely duel because I don't want to lose my e-peen points. Sad fact, but I like being in the scoreboard, and I hate the feeling of losing those points because I fucked up a duel against a guy with low points. So same, I can't enjoy duelling anymore.
The tag option is the best idea indeed. Make a difference between ranking duels and uncompetitive duels.
Kudos to Kulin_Ban for the video

Offline Malaclypse

• King
  • Renown: 1299
  • Infamy: 146
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2013, 02:31:20 pm »
+1
I only hit on knockdown if the person I'm fighting has 1.5-2 times as much body armor as me, which I feel makes it warranted to level the playing field. It'd be nice if the points were more in depth (don't lose as many for a fight where you deal a lot of damage but ultimately are defeated, don't lose as many when there's a large armor or weapon disparity, all sorts of variables since we aren't dueling with close to identical stats/gear like in Native). Though, really, I don't care about duel points, I'll duel anyone no matter how badly they'll beat me, and I expect everyone to not be nerds and do the same.
You think you're pretty smart with your dago mustache and your greasy hair.

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2013, 03:25:45 pm »
I remember making a 36/3 STF with +3 banded armor +3 mail gauntlets and +3 goedendag and only dueled the ones with a shitload of points. Knocking them down and finishing them off on the ground/kicking them up again while they were crying over their points was hilarious. :lol:
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline Haboe

• King
  • Renown: 1090
  • Infamy: 331
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Born with a shield on my back. Difficult birth.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Haboe
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2013, 04:49:54 pm »
I dont expect to get in the top 10 so for me the points are meaningless anyway.

Offline Rainbow

• Count
  • Renown: 167
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2013, 05:52:07 pm »
Even if points are meaningless to you specifically it is more about other people not being dirty girls while dueling.  Extra rage, dishonorable fighting style etc.

Offline Joseph Porta

• King
  • Renown: 1029
  • Infamy: 234
  • cRPG Player
  • (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻. take all my upvotes! Part-time retard
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild Enthousiast,
  • Game nicks: Wy can't I upvote my own posts, Im a fucken genius, yo.
  • IRC nick: Joseph_Porta
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2013, 06:36:46 pm »
Are you kidding me? Dueling is ALL about abusing game mechanics.
I mean all the bloody 2hers do that stab glance insta right swing bug.
I loot corpses of their golden teeth.
But he'll be around somewhere between Heaven and The Devil, because neither of them will take him in, and he'll be farting loudly and singing a filthy song.

i'll be there at around
chadztime™