Author Topic: Another gutless battle time initiated by TKoV  (Read 2320 times)

Offline Chestaclese

• Earl
  • Renown: 340
  • Infamy: 106
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Remnants
Another gutless battle time initiated by TKoV
« on: January 22, 2013, 07:49:51 am »
+3
How about a battle we can all comfortably fight in? Enough of this late night shit.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2013, 10:22:20 pm by Kalam »
"Threatening Chesty with tea bagging is clearly not worth the effort. It is like offering sex addict an orgy." - BaleofGay.

"ILL OPEN MY GIFTS LATER MOM, IM BUSY FIGHTING CHESTACLES IN AN ONLINE HORSE SIMULATOR GAME." - Oprah Winafrey

“He's using everything he can to get me banned, admins please don't let him get away with this. He's ban baiting me, please help.” - Ducky_The_Banned

Offline Visconti

• Count
  • Renown: 278
  • Infamy: 52
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Velucan
  • Game nicks: Tristran_Steward_of_TKoV
Re: Another gutless battle time initiated by TKoV
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2013, 07:58:21 am »
+9
Another pointless thread started by Chestaclese.
Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies

Offline Nightingale

• Balancer
  • Renown: 925
  • Infamy: 205
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Elderly Woman
  • IRC nick: Nightingale
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2013, 08:00:02 am »
+3

I can't help but agree, would be a lot easier if it was like an hour earlier for me anyway. was a fun battle, till my team turned on me  :cry:

Offline Visconti

• Count
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2013, 08:05:34 am »
We try to schedule our battles for when our members and leaders can make them, just happens that our guys have things to do at night, and can only make the battles around midnight EST. This most recent battle is at an awful time, but it was necessary.
Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies

Offline Chestaclese

• Earl
  • Renown: 340
  • Infamy: 106
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Remnants
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2013, 08:10:20 am »

You guys attacked right after to take advantage of a sloppy game mechanic, even though the result was a 2 am weekday battle, because you rightfully have no confidence in your ability to siege a castle. Here are the facts:

1) This will be your third attempt attacking the castle.
2) It took Remnant just one try to take the castle from Hosp.
3) This next battle isn't even a siege but a raid.
4) It will take you at least four tries to take the castle.
"Threatening Chesty with tea bagging is clearly not worth the effort. It is like offering sex addict an orgy." - BaleofGay.

"ILL OPEN MY GIFTS LATER MOM, IM BUSY FIGHTING CHESTACLES IN AN ONLINE HORSE SIMULATOR GAME." - Oprah Winafrey

“He's using everything he can to get me banned, admins please don't let him get away with this. He's ban baiting me, please help.” - Ducky_The_Banned

Offline Goretooth

• Duke
  • Renown: 634
  • Infamy: 237
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2013, 08:15:34 am »
+2
You guys attacked right after to take advantage of a sloppy game mechanic, even though the result was a 2 am weekday battle, because you rightfully have no confidence in your ability to siege a castle. Here are the facts:

5) Two strats in a row Remnants will be wiped from strat.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Braeden - Clanless maybe? or Free Peasant not sure - Rarely plays, plus might be retarded
Tydeus - Nord EU Scum - Hates adminning

Offline Visconti

• Count
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2013, 08:18:33 am »
+4

You should keep in mind that when you took it against hosp there was a big gear difference, with hospi using mail tunics/lamellar vests while remnant were in their lordly green brigandines. Considering our gear has been pretty equal, i think were doing pretty well. You guys learned firsthand what its like to try and siege a castle in equal gear, where you guys lost thousands of troops trying to take Tulbuk castle, twice, in which you failed, twice. Were not idiots, we know that not every siege is gonna result in a flag cap, which is nearly impossible if the defenders are in decent gear, so we attack in waves, the smart way. Although im sure you guys learned that yourselves after giving hospi so much gear at tulbuk....

Offline Hobb

• Earl
  • Renown: 489
  • Infamy: 96
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TKoV
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2013, 08:30:13 am »
+12
Gf nerds

Offline Jack1

• King
  • Renown: 1029
  • Infamy: 231
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jack1_, Abbud_Amari, The_Doc, Gottlob_Kohlman
  • IRC nick: Risen_Jack
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2013, 01:23:05 pm »
+1
Was tulbuk castle the one at 6 AM with 17v27? At least one of them?
We're all nerds here, so it doesn't really matter.

Offline Elindor

• King
  • Renown: 1178
  • Infamy: 158
  • Caelitus mihi vires
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Order of the Holy Guard
  • Game nicks: Elindor
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2013, 04:44:17 pm »
+8
:arrow: Battle time = kinda sucky, no hard feelings toward the TkoV though.

:arrow: The fact that you get stuck with 1,000,000,000 item types and can't get rid of them unless you have the owner sign on in a 1 min window in the middle of the night and transfer it to himself, go through it, and then transfer it back to avoid infamous strat glitches = 100% SHIT

Dear devs - if there's gonna be a glitch with total number of equipment types (mostly because of the - and + items now) that makes it so that people can't spawn with certain items, please allow us to DROP EQUIPMENT at any time without restriction.  Thanks.

This is when Strat gets D U M B.
Elindor, Archon of the Holy Guard
Holy Guard Thread :HERE
Banner Shop : HERE // Map Thread : HERE

Offline Tom Cruise

• Duke
  • Renown: 685
  • Infamy: 144
  • cRPG Player
  • All I do is shitpost anymore in this game.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tom_Cruise_Dota_Fanatic
  • IRC nick: Tom_Cruise
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2013, 07:21:38 pm »
+3
This really is getting ridiculous. Why can't everyone in strat just have giant, epic, and fun battles? Why does everyone care about winning so much? Why does it always have to have bullshit times like this? This is not the first time tkov. The past 3-5 battles we have had now have been at midnight or later. And now we have almost a 2 AM raid? Not only that but we have other like hoc attacking me to have a 6 am battle, and other various remnant getting attacked at awful times. It's either really early or really late.

Not only are we stuck with shitty game mechanics and will not be able to spawn with like half of our gear for awhile due to how many items types we have, but we have the hardest time finding mercs for these battles. People have things like, ya know, jobs, school, college, etc. We simply just need to sleep! We cant be up fighting the internet web browsing RTS everyday, all night.

I don't see why it is such a problem to attack at the "prime time" when everyone is on and we can just have a fun battle. That's not the case anymore with strat I guess. I have had huge respect for Tkov for the longest time, but with this war, I am slowly losing it slowly..
« Last Edit: January 22, 2013, 07:32:45 pm by mmason94 »

Offline partyboy

• Earl
  • Renown: 477
  • Infamy: 133
  • cRPG Player
  • BRING BACK LADDERS
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GODQUEEN_PARTYGIRL_OF_BIRD
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2013, 07:23:15 pm »
I can't help but agree, would be a lot easier if it was like an hour earlier for me anyway. was a fun battle, till my team turned on me  :cry:

Who was it in teamspeak who put the bounty on Desire, anyway?  I want to collect.
Subject displays signs of antisocial behaviour

Offline oprah_winfrey

• Marshall
  • Renown: 808
  • Infamy: 196
  • cRPG Player
  • Now look under your seat...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: JABONRA
  • Game nicks: Egan
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2013, 07:41:54 pm »
This really is getting ridiculous. Why can't everyone in strat just have giant, epic, and fun battles? Why does everyone care about winning so much? Why does it always have to have bullshit times like this? This is not the first time tkov. The past 3-5 battles we have had now have been at midnight or later. And now we have almost a 2 AM raid? Not only that but we have other like hoc attacking me to have a 6 am battle, and other various remnant getting attacked at awful times. It's either really early or really late.

Not only are we stuck with shitty game mechanics and will not be able to spawn with like half of our gear for awhile due to how many items types we have, but we have the hardest time finding mercs for these battles. People have things like, ya know, jobs, school, college, etc. We simply just need to sleep! We cant be up fighting the internet web browsing RTS everyday, all night.

I don't see why it is such a problem to attack at the "prime time" when everyone is on and we can just have a fun battle. That's not the case anymore with strat I guess. I have had huge respect for Tkov for the longest time, but with this war, I am slowly losing it slowly..

I am guessing they choose the time of the battle when it fits best for their members.

We try to schedule our battles for when our members and leaders can make them, just happens that our guys have things to do at night, and can only make the battles around midnight EST. This most recent battle is at an awful time, but it was necessary.

Offline Tom Cruise

• Duke
  • Renown: 685
  • Infamy: 144
  • cRPG Player
  • All I do is shitpost anymore in this game.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tom_Cruise_Dota_Fanatic
  • IRC nick: Tom_Cruise
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2013, 07:43:03 pm »
I am guessing they choose the time of the battle when it fits best for their members.

How is that best for all of their members? Do none of them have school, or college, or just work ridiculous hours for a job? What do they all work the graveyard shift?

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 22, 2013, 07:54:46 pm by mmason94 »

Offline Jaren

• Earl
  • Renown: 303
  • Infamy: 15
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: MB
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2013, 07:46:53 pm »
I've got my problems with the times as well, I'd like to have them earlier for work reasons and passing out for 2-3 hours just so I can make a battle late at night sucks... But we have a goal to achieve and those can require sacrifices even if it means losing a bit of sleep.
The times we've had lately were more about the availability of our faction.
I can understand the complaints, but as in strat 3 and battles before now there's the semi-rare chances that you either participate in the shitty times and count the exp with the successful attack/defend or say fuck it and organize for new priorities elsewhere after you get some sleep.