Author Topic: Lottery!  (Read 1272 times)

Offline no_rules_just_play

• King
  • Renown: 1401
  • Infamy: 384
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE; Peasants United; Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: CapraAegagrusHircus_HRE; no_rules_just_play_HRE
  • IRC nick: norulesjustplay
Re: Lottery!
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2013, 02:14:19 pm »
I am not sure about this one, because even though you have more repairs, you also get the extra tick in the first minute more often. Hence in small servers you get many more ticks (one at x:30 (after the first half a minute of the round) and from then on every time the clock is on x:00.
This tick might give you more than the extra repairs
i think that tick at 30 seconds is in every game mode

Offline Haboe

• King
  • Renown: 1090
  • Infamy: 331
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Born with a shield on my back. Difficult birth.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Haboe
« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2013, 02:46:19 pm »
I think eu1 starts on a full minute, so you wouldn't have that first fast tick :P

But at a short round, you usually end mid-minute, so you won't get the tick for that minute.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Jatasgo

• Noble
  • Renown: 21
  • Infamy: 0
  • I am Landon
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Peasents United
  • Game nicks: Uncle_Marty
  • IRC nick: Uncle_Marty
« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2013, 03:04:17 pm »
wow if I paid 80k wait I don't even have 80k damn you guys are rich lol but I hope I win something because i am a beginner

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
  • Renown: 1170
  • Infamy: 617
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2013, 03:09:54 pm »
+1
BTW to answer about ways to earn money..As a new player you should balance having fun with making a little profit. Anything up to about 30k total gear cost (look in Inventory area on the site) should be profitable. If you say what class you are maybe some could come up with decent gear combinations

When you hit level 31 you can "retire" and you will start again at level 1 but receive a Loom Point. That is worth around 500K (a bit less probably). You should sell that and keep saving or maybe buy a +1 (which you will sell later). When you get close to 1 mil you will be near to getting a +3 weapon (max upgrade) or you can get +3 gloves or +3 body armour or anything else you want.

You can retire at level 32 as well, just takes about twice as long as going to 31 but you get +2 loom points so you will get near 1 million gold after retiring. You can sell the looms or trade them for a +3 + a little gold (or straight trade for some). Never use your looms to upgrade an item until you're more experienced imo, you will probably just waste money

I wouldn't waste money on the lottery unless you just put in like 1k a week or something. You will lose out in the long run
If you have ranged troubles use this:

Offline Jatasgo

• Noble
  • I am Landon
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2013, 03:29:12 pm »
Is this good?
Amor
  • Faceplate
  • Lordly Heraldic Transitional Armour
  • Mail Boots
  • Mail Gauntlets
Weapons
  • Military Pick
  • Italian Sword
Any thing that I can buy that would help me btw I am a shielder :)

Offline no_rules_just_play

• King
  • Renown: 1401
  • Infamy: 384
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE; Peasants United; Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: CapraAegagrusHircus_HRE; no_rules_just_play_HRE
  • IRC nick: norulesjustplay
« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2013, 03:31:35 pm »
its too expensive for lower multi, try herldic mail with tabard for x1-x3 atleast

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
  • Renown: 1170
  • Infamy: 617
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2013, 03:32:45 pm »
Yeah you don't really need heavy armour with a shield, it will just make you very slow. You should be negating damage mostly with the shield and you need speed with short weapons
If you have ranged troubles use this:

Offline Jatasgo

• Noble
  • I am Landon
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2013, 03:34:51 pm »
The Lordly Heraldic Transitional Armour looks so damn good you know I wish you could save it for me till' gen 2 or 3 but you know anyways the repairs are expensive very expensive so I will try what you guys said

Offline Torost

• Count
  • Renown: 292
  • Infamy: 109
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2013, 04:52:01 pm »
The best choice is to buy 0 tickets.

But If you want to anyway. Buy 1 ticket. The more tickets you buy the less your expected return is.
In theory you could win all the prizes with 100 tickets. So any tickets above that is wastefull.

I have lost like 150K gold on the lottery...never won once. Now I buy 1 ticket every draw :D

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2013, 05:25:14 pm »
The same people win over and over and over again. My guess is that they either buy all their ticktets at once, or what I suspect, is that they literally buy one ticket here and there until they've bought all 500 tickets (they probably split it up evenly throughout the course of 7 days so they're buying like 70 tickets a day.

I've spent probably 50k on the lottery and never won, but it was always when I had extra money to blow.  I personally would advise against playing it, they don't call it a poor man's tax for nothing.
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Byrdi

• Earl
  • Renown: 489
  • Infamy: 59
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Byrdi, Swiss Chocolate, and lots of other alts
  • IRC nick: Byrdi
« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2013, 05:35:06 pm »
battle makes a little less money than siege because the rounds are shorter (wich means more upkeep to pay)

This is not really true. Break chance of items is based on ticks (round time) and WPF. So you earn to same amount of gold on battle as siege if you have the same multiplier.
You get a lot fewer high multiplier on siege than battles; since teams are changed around a lot more in siege than they are in battle and many maps are unbalanced so much that it is predefine if attackers or defenders win.

So you actually make less money on siege than battle, also valour is a lot more difficult to get on siege than battle.

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #26 on: January 22, 2013, 05:51:58 pm »
This is not really true. Break chance of items is based on ticks (round time) and WPF. So you earn to same amount of gold on battle as siege if you have the same multiplier.
You get a lot fewer high multiplier on siege than battles; since teams are changed around a lot more in siege than they are in battle and many maps are unbalanced so much that it is predefine if attackers or defenders win.

So you actually make less money on siege than battle, also valour is a lot more difficult to get on siege than battle.

Agreed.  I think battle is much better than siege for making money.  You get higher multipliers on battle (since the maps are more even), on siege usually one side has a huge advantage over the other. 

I like battle also because if you die you can go afk and actually do something (like piss or get a drink).  Or hardcore grind and when you die alt+tab to another game :P
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #27 on: January 22, 2013, 07:48:19 pm »
Gambling is a tax on stupid people and people who have so much money they don't know what to do with it.

Battles tends to have a higher then average multi due to "stacked" teams keeping high multies up, making a 1X versus 3-4-5X much more common then siege which is wonky and is often 1X versus 2X multies. What Byrdi said basically.

Upkeep chance, Gold rewards and Experience Rewards are all once every tick, which is 30 seconds into a match and then every 60 afterwards, upkeep chance is NOT a flat chance.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Miwiw

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 525
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Miwiw
« Reply #28 on: January 22, 2013, 10:35:10 pm »
I've won 1,000,000 gold in the lottery once. Bought 101 tickets each week during that time. Got lucky that time I guess. Since then I only bought 1 ticket each week tho. : ))
Miwiw_HRE - Two Handed
Trade with me

Offline Jatasgo

• Noble
  • I am Landon
    • View Profile