Author Topic: cRPG Clan League  (Read 23973 times)

Offline Freland

• Count
  • Renown: 172
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Freland
  • IRC nick: Freland
Re: cRPG Clan League
« Reply #195 on: April 22, 2013, 12:21:00 pm »
+1
I do, however, think the point system would work better with 3 for a win, 1 for a tie and nothing for a loss - i dont like the idea of getting points just for showing up :p
This would only work if you get -1 point for every match not played. For example why should a bad clan which has no chance of winning play against a top clan if they would actually be better in the standings if they don't play at all.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

each time you click the button, crpg gains popularity :D

Offline Mendro

• Count
  • Renown: 236
  • Infamy: 53
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercs
« Reply #196 on: April 22, 2013, 01:15:38 pm »
Or just try to make prices for every rank.

Offline Korgoth

• Marshall
  • Renown: 742
  • Infamy: 100
  • cRPG Player
  • I've dated girls uglier than you for Breakfast
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Basileia ton Romaion
  • Game nicks: Korgoth
  • IRC nick: Korgoth
« Reply #197 on: April 22, 2013, 02:39:03 pm »
Grats guys, but ranking seems kind of unfair on teams who played fewer matches.

Next time I would suggest extending it until the top 6 teams or so get the same amount of games played

There was a lot of bullshit getting the matches sorted out. Maybe without the roster limiations it'd be easier because you wouldn't have to wait for the right people to be online.

Also in terms of points i really believe the points should of stayed like Football, 3 points for a win, 1 point for a draw and 0 for a loss.

Korgoth's Retextures
Korgoth's Hierloom Stall

Offline Fips

• King
  • Renown: 1217
  • Infamy: 290
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Holy Roman Empire
  • Game nicks: Fips_HRE
« Reply #198 on: April 22, 2013, 02:48:10 pm »
There was a lot of bullshit getting the matches sorted out. Maybe without the roster limiations it'd be easier because you wouldn't have to wait for the right people to be online.

Also in terms of points i really believe the points should of stayed like Football, 3 points for a win, 1 point for a draw and 0 for a loss.

So losing equals not playing at all? No thanks.

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #199 on: April 22, 2013, 02:48:30 pm »
+4
This would only work if you get -1 point for every match not played. For example why should a bad clan which has no chance of winning play against a top clan if they would actually be better in the standings if they don't play at all.

The point system (football style) is way better than the garbage in use now. Just introduce deadlines and walkovers and it's perfectly fine to use!

So losing equals not playing at all? No thanks.

Getting points for losing is a terrible system.
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline tizzango

• Earl
  • Renown: 406
  • Infamy: 83
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: April 22, 2013, 04:18:38 pm »
1) @Grumbs we agreed on having a set date so that the league would not drag out for ages whilst waiting for teams to schedule their matches. We understand that Strat plays a huge part of cRPG and it could be difficult, but there was a fair bit of time to get everything scheduled!

2) @Gurni the point system we use is to encourage teams who were doing poorly not to just opt out the league, and rage quit- they still had a chance to climb the ladder simply by playing. Hopefully we'll get some good feedback from the Captains and see what we can do to improve/remove/add for the next season :D

Offline Tomas

• Marshall
  • Renown: 718
  • Infamy: 217
    • View Profile
    • Fallen Brigade Website
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Tomas
« Reply #201 on: April 22, 2013, 05:01:50 pm »
+3
The point system (football style) is way better than the garbage in use now. Just introduce deadlines and walkovers and it's perfectly fine to use!

Scheduling and Deadlines will not work because we have Strat to worry about, which can completely screw over a clan if they get attacked (or want to attack someone) when a deadline is looming.  The whole point of this is that clans can schedule matches in an amicable and flexible manner to suit themselves.  Also deadlines add to the workload of the admins and I can tell you now that the only reason this league ran and finished at all was because it was so little work.

If anything I want to try and make the league even more flexible next season not make it more rigid or serious.  For this reason rosters are definitely something that will be looked at as they make things awkward for clans.

As for the points - what exactly makes 1 point for a loss "a terrible system"?  If you are going to throw around opinions like they are facts then at least have the courtesy to back them up with a reason.

In my opinion 1 point for a loss is only "terrible" for clans that don't fight all their matches, but that's their fault not the other clans' fault.  Its not better than normal football points but it does give an incentive for actually playing matches which mean Captains have more responsibility and admins have less.  Even Fips managed to organise matches so i'd say it worked pretty well. 

The only suggested change to points I would consider so far is one where Total_Points = 2*Rounds_Won + Rounds_Lost.  Or possibly 3*Rounds_Won + Rounds_Lost.  That gives more of an incentive for teams to fight for every single round, whilst keeping the incentive for fighting in the first place.   A further incentive for the teams at the bottom to play each other would still be needed though as that was lacking.

Offline Fips

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: April 22, 2013, 05:21:44 pm »

Wait, wut. Where did i say that?!

Also, i've just read your Post Tomas, and yeah, screw you xD
« Last Edit: April 22, 2013, 05:32:49 pm by Fips »

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
  • Renown: 1170
  • Infamy: 617
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: April 22, 2013, 05:29:02 pm »
2) @Gurni the point system we use is to encourage teams who were doing poorly not to just opt out the league, and rage quit- they still had a chance to climb the ladder simply by playing. Hopefully we'll get some good feedback from the Captains and see what we can do to improve/remove/add for the next season :D

I think there could be better ways to encourage teams that can't win to still play. Rewarding teams for losing is a bit counter-intuitive for a league system imo. It doesn't determine who had the best games if people simply play more matches.

Maybe if its not too awkward to organise we could have a losers bracket, so the guys that aren't going to win by mid way through go into a separate league with a smaller prize pool and play each other
If you have ranged troubles use this:

Offline bagge

• Renown: 1056
  • Infamy: 275
  • cRPG Player
  • Duke of Poland
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: bagge
« Reply #204 on: April 22, 2013, 05:41:12 pm »
+1
This was very difficult and challenging.
I hope you guys get some sort of sticky balls deseases and smell like my armpits, sorry excusese for nolife fucking cunts you are.

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
  • Renown: 1170
  • Infamy: 617
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: April 22, 2013, 06:07:47 pm »
+2
Another thing you could do, if a team doesn't have the full amount of matches at the end and you want to give points for a loss, give them loss points so its like everyone had the same amount of games. If we lost all our remaining games we would still have come second or third
If you have ranged troubles use this:

Offline Razzer

• Earl
  • Renown: 366
  • Infamy: 92
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Intermezzo
« Reply #206 on: April 22, 2013, 06:25:38 pm »
+2
I didn't really like the Leaque to be honest.
But that's propably, because of myself as I didn't really understand some rules.
I don't really wanna play cRPG competitively though anyway, it's just not as it is in Native with tactics, classes etc.
Whatever thank you Thomas for organising this and sorry, that we couldn't finish all our matches.
I just didn't care too much about it.

Offline Fips

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: April 22, 2013, 07:10:19 pm »
+1
Another thing you could do, if a team doesn't have the full amount of matches at the end and you want to give points for a loss, give them loss points so its like everyone had the same amount of games. If we lost all our remaining games we would still have come second or third

That's bullshit. 3 clans made it happen to play all the matches within the timeframe (quite easily) and you get to get points for being unable to do so as well? Unfair.

Offline Felix

• Baron
  • Renown: 89
  • Infamy: 16
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Deserters
  • Game nicks: Red_Pike/Oriental_Red
« Reply #208 on: April 22, 2013, 10:36:25 pm »
That's bullshit. 3 clans made it happen to play all the matches within the timeframe (quite easily) and you get to get points for being unable to do so as well? Unfair.

As it's now, the system rewards not for having good results, but just for the fact that you indeed showed up and played your game (even if you did so-so), isn't it? Surely, you got your third place - good for you and etc, but it's kinda depressing for our team to have second best results and getting fourth place just because we couldn't play all games. Not to mention the fact that clans on second and third places have ~ 1.5 win to lose ratio.

In short, it sucks. I really thought that the matches were just postponed - i never knew that this was coming. It's kinda clear that Deserters deserve second or third place skillwise.

But the league was really good, i enjoyed it wholeheartedly. A big thank you to everyone who made this happen. Though i'd be more happy, if there was a deadline prolongation.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2013, 10:42:26 pm by Felix »

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: April 22, 2013, 10:44:13 pm »
+3
Actually playing your matches is more important than winning those few you did play. Who said you haven't been picky with your rosters or who you would fight, you can't seriously expect to be ranked 2nd when lacking 5 matches. Not playing the matches is your own fault, really.