Author Topic: Version 0.201 Released  (Read 31759 times)

Offline Hirschblte

• Peasant
  • Renown: 3
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Version 0.201 Released
« Reply #105 on: January 08, 2011, 04:28:03 am »
must be true. otw. the breaks would happen way too often.

oh, and i payed upkeep for an item i actually picked up. may be it happened, because i had the item allready at start of round (picked it up the round *before* that).
but unfortunately my game has changed to naked weaponless leeching anyway.

Offline Salamol

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: January 08, 2011, 05:54:48 am »
I think we need a new "Better before or after" poll... I think generally people are alot happier now... aside from the people with really bad grammar.

Offline Hirschblte

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: January 08, 2011, 06:52:21 am »
in general i like the changes.
but wearing my rather crappy set and riding my sarranid-horse the same round makes me lose gold on the long end, no matter what. and we're talking only about a black lamellar vest, some leather boots and gloves and a heavy lance, nothing special or expensive.

Offline Louise_de_La_Valliere

• Peasant
  • Renown: 5
  • cRPG Player
  • Void Mage
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Free Companies of Calradia (BRD)
  • Game nicks: Louise_de_La_Valliere_BRD, Cavalieres_Blend(Alt)
« Reply #108 on: January 08, 2011, 07:00:33 am »
I love you chadz!

btw we made character like old mod.
I think I should have made new status carefully when new putch comes.

I beg a favor of you.
dont you give us a chance of reset points?
« Last Edit: January 08, 2011, 07:05:26 am by Louise_de_La_Valliere »
I GIVE YOU *EXPLOSION* WHEN YOU CALLED ME ZERO.
LIKE THIS!!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

OOPS!

Offline Hecur

• Knight
  • Renown: 73
  • Infamy: 74
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: January 08, 2011, 01:00:25 pm »
Upkeep dont work for me.

Offline JOPOTINTTI

• Noble
  • Renown: 11
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: January 08, 2011, 01:09:04 pm »
Fuck you chadz , i cant get 10 pt because of you..

Offline So_Solid_Dave_II

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: January 09, 2011, 02:01:46 am »
Easy fix for that, make is so that if a person kills someone that round they don't have to pay maintenance even if their team loses.  That way people will be encouraged to wear their good stuff even when on a losing team as they will want to make kills and avoid maintenance.  This will also act as a reward for skill.  And put back the maintenance to 20%, or at least don't dismiss that idea totally.  As I got a feeling a 5% penalty won't dis-way people from being tin cans all the time, which was something you wanted to fix in the first place.       

EDIT

The whole random maintenance thing does not make much sense.  Its just a random money sink.  If you are going to use a money sink attach it to something that will reward good play and punish bad.   

I think this is an awesome idea ,,,chadz you have to do this ;) it will solve everyones disagreements ...GAME = LOVE AT FIRST FIGHT

Offline Joker86

• Mad & Bad
  • King
  • Renown: 1226
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Companions
  • Game nicks: Joker86_TP
« Reply #112 on: January 09, 2011, 02:03:10 am »
Rewarding kills kills the gameplay itself.  :wink:
Joker makes a very good point.
î saved for eternety (without context  :mrgreen:)

Offline cmp

• M:BG Developer
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 2052
  • Infamy: 569
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: cmp
« Reply #113 on: January 09, 2011, 02:10:54 am »
Long time ago cRPG had kill-based rewards. Never again.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: January 09, 2011, 04:20:20 am »
+1
Maybe give a reward for killing someone that allready has a good k/d ratio or kill count.

Something roughly like :

killing a 0 kill guy gives nothing (killing peasants gives nothing apart from having high k/d yourself which means being a good prey).

The reward for killing someone is a fixed bonus multiplied by the numbers of kills this round your victim had.

If people wait because they get better bonuses when they wait for victims to have higher kill count than at the beginning, change the formula to : (base bonus)*(kills*(kills+1))^0.25

So you get a direct motivation for killing supposedly efficient (kill count doesn't mean everything) players. I know the motivation exists allready, but its less clear : your team has more chances to win if supposedly efficient people are killed in the other team.

In addition, add a bonus for the victorious team scaling with the amount of players alive at the end of the round. Better for teamwork, gives a direct reason for helping teammates in distress.

Ofc, all of this must be tweaked to keep the average gold received as intented.

Offline Thomas Dixon

• Peasant
  • Renown: 5
  • cRPG Player
  • Order Of The Lance
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Order Of The Lance
« Reply #115 on: January 09, 2011, 05:08:11 am »
alright im half way to 31 got all my plate a war horse and 31k saved up when can i retire i need to go from inf to heavy horse and ideas devs

Offline _JoG_

• Noble
  • Renown: 20
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Swordsman for hire
  • Game nicks: Givi
« Reply #116 on: January 09, 2011, 06:12:28 am »
This patch is good, I've seen a lot of veteran players returned back to the servers tonight. However, it looks like money gain is extremely high in this version. Today I earned like 30k gold (maybe even more, I'm not sure) while fighting in haubergeon, mail coif, leather boots and gloves, and having a bastard sword, a plain board shield, and a pike equipped. That's a reasonably good gear which allows the player to have a decent k/d, thus greatly helping his team to win the rounds. Before v.0.200 I had about 3k gold, now I have 53k. So, I do think the income should be toned down.

Offline Formless

• Baron
  • Renown: 102
  • Infamy: 74
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: January 09, 2011, 07:47:56 am »
How about a reset for heirloomed items?  There have been many changes to equipment stats in price, damage and speed.  Some of the items I heirloomed are now useless for me because of unforseen changes to their stats.  Can we re-roll our equipment.  Thanks for the consideration.
“Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless - like water. Now you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup, you put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, you put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.” - Bruce Lee

Offline HeroZero

• Wannabe lawyer
  • Peasant
  • Renown: 6
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: January 09, 2011, 11:47:09 am »
The problem right now is that there's a ceiling, and therefore a limited amount of content to explore. If retirement is re-implemented it can provide a higher ceiling and if done correctly an infinite amount of re-playability. This needs to be done as more and more players are hitting the soft cap of 30. The grindfest is bad, but some grind is good, it creates a sense of ownership and progress that attaches you to not only your character, but the game as well.

I hit 30 and I still stick around, but now I find myself just running around with off-spec weapons. I need more content to explore. I did play a lot in the past few days, but the cap is being reached by a lot of players.

The retirement bonuses should not be game-breaking, but still should retain a serious sense of accomplishment and make the player feel distinguished. Heirloom'd items are a start, but something else must be carried over to show that you have done your time in the grind.
Just because I troll doesn't mean I don't care.

Offline Poetrydog

• Noble
  • Renown: 15
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Poetrydog, Fallen_Santa_Rudolph, Fallen_Poetryfox
« Reply #119 on: January 09, 2011, 04:39:36 pm »
How about a reset for heirloomed items?  There have been many changes to equipment stats in price, damage and speed.  Some of the items I heirloomed are now useless for me because of unforseen changes to their stats.  Can we re-roll our equipment.  Thanks for the consideration.

+1
Quote from: RamsesXXIX
Running around naked with 80 other guys.