Author Topic: did one handed turn speed get adjusted??  (Read 4363 times)

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
Re: did one handed turn speed get adjusted??
« Reply #45 on: January 14, 2013, 09:58:08 pm »
+2
Have you ever given a shield to a new player and suddenly he could play the game?  I had a number of friends that played the game, a lot of them  could not do very well at all, even after several months of playing it every day, until I told them to try out shielder.  The difference it made in their score was astounding, but when they lost their shield, lol.  Yeah, pretty sure shielder is easier then 2h...  The list of shielders who cannot fight without their shield (Dies immediately when it breaks) is incredibly long.  Shields shore up that skill level gap pretty well.  When an experienced player has a shield in his hands, it makes their play so much more consistent.  They are more effective in that there is no directional mess ups, and you can't pressure their reaction time because it's either block or not blocking.  They don't have to worry about if they are blocking the correct way or not whatsoever, it's just block.

I guess you could say it would be the same thing if you replaced all four of the buttons on a controller with one, then played a game like God of War where you have to press the correct button at the right time.  But now you only have 1 to press...

I understand what you're saying completely, my question was, if 1h/shield is so much easier than 2h, why go back to 2h?  I'm playing devil's advocate with his logic.  I don't think whether a class is "easier" or "harder" than another class has any business being in the argument in the first place.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #46 on: January 14, 2013, 10:12:24 pm »
That's not true. I know because I used Quarter/Iron staff for quite a long time and I know that with PS knockdown chance goes up substantially.
I haven't done the numbers myself, but I remember one of the devs (paul, I believe) said that you don't need much powerstrike to get enough raw damage to hit the 30% knockdown chance limit. Even with low weight/damage knockdown weapons (like quarterstaff, not woodens tick) you will be close to the upper limit with 5 PS.
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline Silveredge

• Count
  • Renown: 190
  • Infamy: 41
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Silveredge
« Reply #47 on: January 14, 2013, 11:30:43 pm »
+1
I guess I need to update my avatar or something.  All these people think I'm a 2h, and that they're making some kind of point when I am indeed a 1h.  Guess its the opposite of your question to whoever that guy was, Huseby.

Offline rufio

• Marshall
  • Renown: 995
  • Infamy: 483
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • QQ
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Rufio_pleaser_of_widows, LeLouche_LampeRouge, Quenya_Favourite_of_Rufio
« Reply #48 on: January 15, 2013, 12:22:32 am »
So why'd you go back to 2h hero if 1h/shield was "so easy" before?  Apparently not "as easy" as 2h?

not that "being easy" has any business in this argument, but let's play some devil's advocate with your logic and see what comes out of it.

i considder myself a top tier player with eny class except archer, i chose 2hander at the time because it was the most challenging imo and i liked the 2hander hero idea, your logic seems to be people choose what is the most op, like somone rerolling a class in an mmo to witch at that time is ''OP'' to get the benefit from broken ballance , all i have to say is you make no sense nab, like stated earlier here i mostly play my 1handed shielder cav hybrid alt nowerdays. so the whole ooh 2handed while shit pants argument is pretty damn shortsighted, im stating what i am in this thread as a player who likes to see overall ballance good, not from a 1 sided perspective like most scrubs claim.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2013, 12:25:38 am by rufio »

Offline Rebelyell

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 398
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Bobby
  • IRC nick: boobby
« Reply #49 on: January 15, 2013, 12:31:37 am »
1henders are born to whine

1h is really good and strong class right now

stop cryin, mainly to churhil that is blind forum rage cun....

Hey, I just met you,
And this is crazy,
You just killed me
Nerf you maybe?

Offline Tindel

• Earl
  • Renown: 333
  • Infamy: 238
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Tindel
« Reply #50 on: January 15, 2013, 12:38:18 am »
It will be interesting to see how this turns out i guess.
I really really miss those instaturn leftslash to the head moves we had back in the old days,  made life exciting neh?

Can anyone say how it compares to before?

Offline Tindel

• Earl
  • Renown: 333
  • Infamy: 238
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Tindel
« Reply #51 on: January 15, 2013, 12:41:04 am »
+2
I understand what you're saying completely, my question was, if 1h/shield is so much easier than 2h, why go back to 2h?  I'm playing devil's advocate with his logic.  I don't think whether a class is "easier" or "harder" than another class has any business being in the argument in the first place.

Because its more fun. Why gimp yourself and play only part of the game?   Yes directional attacks are fun,  yes directional blocks are fun.
Autoblock isnt fun. Its not very exciting either. The game would be better without it.

Shields should be manual block too.

Offline rufio

• Marshall
  • QQ
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rufio_pleaser_of_widows, LeLouche_LampeRouge, Quenya_Favourite_of_Rufio
« Reply #52 on: January 15, 2013, 03:56:36 am »
+1
played abit tonight again, it seems 1 handed without shield has to deal with weapon stun for the rest its very fast and ive been getting shitloads of kills with overheads. with a shield no weapon stun. my conclusion this might be implemented to make it more fun for new players. overall it dousnt favour fair ballance imo, but could make battles more interesting again if alot of people roll shielder. moar ''testing'' is needed , specially wanna see how this works out in group play. still sceptical thow.

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #53 on: January 15, 2013, 06:00:23 am »
+3
I understand what you're saying completely, my question was, if 1h/shield is so much easier than 2h, why go back to 2h?

This question fits well with you choosing your gear based on stats. You're playing this pretty seriously.

I choose gear based on looks, choose class and playstyle based on how fun they are etc. Maybe Banok just found shielding more dull?
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline Paul

• Developer
  • Renown: 1879
  • Infamy: 442
  • ball bounce boss
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Urist
« Reply #54 on: January 15, 2013, 06:58:12 am »
+11
You are all blind lobbyists beyond hope. Picked a class in 2010 to lobby for it forever. Not being able to play another class open-minded after that. Sorry, but that's my impression. So all that "feedback" is worthless (to me at least).

Offline Banok

• Duke
  • Renown: 521
  • Infamy: 215
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 15, 2013, 12:04:48 pm »
+3
Shields are great if you don't know how to block and feint properly, but as soon as you got a good blocking skills, 2h spam gets alot more viable. More damage, more reach, not any noticable difference in attack speed. And as always, when a class that isnt 2hers get buffed abit, all you 2h heroes start shitting bricks and crying like fucking babies, like always.

theres always whine from all classes, acting like its only 2h who complain is incredibly stupid. even you 1hs whine just as much if not more, the voting in this thread proves my point. even tho I'm pretty sure over the years since crpg came out everything has been repeatively nerfed, except 1h.

edit: I think paul is kind of right tho.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 476
  • Infamy: 472
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 15, 2013, 12:09:21 pm »
+2
You are all blind lobbyists beyond hope. Picked a class in 2010 to lobby for it forever. Not being able to play another class open-minded after that. Sorry, but that's my impression. So all that "feedback" is worthless (to me at least).

Honestly, I don't understand why Rufio is complaining. He uses DGS which is still better than most one handed weapons in duel because of godly lolstab. However, two handed weapons that don't have thrust are at serious disadvantage when fighting one handers. Kicks are more risky than ever, hiltslashing doesn't work very well, for stun you need quite a lot of PS. Only time when I killed some dude who can block decently in reasonable time is when I faked missed overhead and lured him to attack me, finishing him with right swing to the head. That's not easy to pull of and that's practically only thing Dadao (which I've been using) has against someone who uses fast one hander.

What I want to say is, if you remove lolstab from 2H weapons they will be in line or worse than polearms/1H weapons. Lolstab is what makes them powerful.

I hope that new game won't have silly restrictions like this mod has and that every weapon will be usable in every direction but with reduced effectiveness. Want to stab with Nodachi (for example), not a problem but it will be extremely clumsy and slow and deal way less damage than with proper piercing sword. That's what I want to see, not removing attack directions just because weapon isn't made specifically for it.

Offline Strudog

• Marshall
  • Renown: 922
  • Infamy: 361
  • A Dog
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Britfag
  • Game nicks: Strudog
« Reply #57 on: January 15, 2013, 01:13:03 pm »
+1
1hs have always been good, just not many people know how to use them effectively, E.g. Dahli probably one of the best 1h's in the game can roll a team and be very effective in a gank, it hurts like hell every time he hits me and i run lordly Armour, these damn 1h's have probably the best life out of any class in c-rpg. They can avoid range, ganks, do a lot of damage with minimal power strike, (especially that warhammer).

Now that kick has been nerfed, these damn shielders can face hug and dart around you all they want, its plain stupidity
This is the internet.
Men are men
Women are men
Little girls are FBI agents.
Those are the rules no?

Offline rufio

• Marshall
  • QQ
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 15, 2013, 01:57:53 pm »
nobody cares about you paul you suck at the game and you have been  biased towards archery yourself so hypocrit much, leshma just seems to be living in the past it seems, also as far as i know no nodachis in new game haha. leshma i use heavy greatsword on my main. and  yet again i play 1handed with shield most nowerdays. just saying its gotten piss eazy.

Offline Falka

• King
  • Renown: 1257
  • Infamy: 423
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 15, 2013, 02:20:05 pm »
+3
nobody cares about you paul you suck at the game and you have been  biased towards archery yourself so hypocrit much, leshma just seems to be living in the past it seems, also as far as i know no nodachis in new game haha. leshma i use heavy greatsword on my main. and  yet again i play 1handed with shield most nowerdays. just saying its gotten piss eazy.

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: