Author Topic: Ban: Group  (Read 1418 times)

Offline Kreczor

• Earl
  • Renown: 332
  • Infamy: 204
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: the qt crew
  • Game nicks: Kreczor_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: Kreczor
Ban: Group
« on: January 14, 2013, 02:48:08 am »
So this group of people were building siege towers for a good 1-2 maps previous to these screenshots. It's funny the first time, but after the third time in a row enough is enough. Wish there was an admin to deal with this at the time, as I seemed to have missed people. Also included are people refusing to fight.
http://imgur.com/a/N2yjZ

Edit: Found this in VesX's thread which shows the siege tower on a different map about 20 minutes prior.
(click to show/hide)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline VesX

• Knight
  • Renown: 54
  • Infamy: 23
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: Ban: Group
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2013, 02:53:53 am »
Yea was on 3 maps i think it was going on mine yours and another but idk the peoples names but did slow down gameplay

Offline In Cauda Venenum

• Count
  • Renown: 210
  • Infamy: 21
  • not actually gay
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: Saturn_of_Chaos
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2013, 03:30:52 am »
Been doing it for about 10 maps and still doing it.

Offline FrugFrug

• Earl
  • Renown: 493
  • Infamy: 59
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: MB Mascot
  • Game nicks: FrugFrug Owl_Beard
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2013, 03:36:07 am »
For shame Kreczor! NO FUN ALLOWED

BTW, I'm not complaining, I can see how some people wouldn't enjoy us building SUPER FUN SIEGE TOWERS AND CATAPULTS.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2013, 03:40:35 am by FrugFrug »

Offline Penguin

• Duke
  • Renown: 670
  • Infamy: 121
  • cRPG Player
  • JesusChrist
    • View Profile
  • Faction: [A]rrows Incoming!
  • Game nicks: [Y]Retreat!
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2013, 03:42:21 am »
Whats the point of catapults and towers being in the game if you get banned for building them?

And to the people that say "it wastes our time, we don't want to wait for you", are you aware that you are playing a video game? Go outside, write a friend, learn to play a guitar for a few minutes, it's not going to hurt you.
"As you gaze upon the cross, and long for conformity to him, be not weary or fearful because you cannot express in words what you seek. Ask him to plant the cross in your heart. Believe in him, the crucified and now living one, to dwell within you, and breathe his own mind there."

Offline Sandersson Jankins

• King
  • Renown: 1450
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CSA Apologists
  • Game nicks: fnord
  • IRC nick: "There's always a bigger nerd"- Qui-Gong Jim, Star Trek IV: Electric Boogalo
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2013, 03:43:28 am »
I'm all for the "NO FUN ALLOWED LOL NERD" argument, but when 5-7 people are actively refusing to take part in the fight until their team is dead, I'm not too upset. When it happens for more than 10 maps in a row, that just sucks.

the administrator of this forum is the Internet Keyboard man? Can only play "authority" in the virtual world?Can you tell me why?

Offline In Cauda Venenum

• Count
  • Renown: 210
  • Infamy: 21
  • not actually gay
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: Saturn_of_Chaos
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2013, 03:49:29 am »
There's a difference between having fun and delaying.
You were causing all of us to wait 3 extra minutes while you guys dicked around for the remainder of the map, with nobody killing you.
I don't think Jesus even has any room to talk in this situation when he constantly boosts onto unreachable houses with siege equipment.

Offline Canary

• Marshall
  • Renown: 826
  • Infamy: 202
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2013, 04:14:56 am »
FrugFrug_MB, Cavalieres_Equal and JesusChrist all received 8 hour bans for leeching. I'll go over the screenshots and see what else there is to be done, if anything.

Here's the problem with you guys: You're spawning with construction sites and material, no weapon, you're heading off to a far corner of the map, you're convening with members of the enemy team but not fighting them, you're constructing siege equipment, but it's not even to the benefit of your team in any capacity whatsoever. By being logged into battle you're screwing the balance for the people who want to play, and you're not playing the game as intended.

If you want to build things, do it on the duel server, where you don't owe your playing time to anyone but yourself.

Offline FrugFrug

• Earl
  • Renown: 493
  • Infamy: 59
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: MB Mascot
  • Game nicks: FrugFrug Owl_Beard
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2013, 04:23:50 am »
I HOPE YOU ENJOY GIVING ME MY FIRST BAN!  :wink:

Offline Penguin

• Duke
  • Renown: 670
  • Infamy: 121
  • cRPG Player
  • JesusChrist
    • View Profile
  • Faction: [A]rrows Incoming!
  • Game nicks: [Y]Retreat!
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2013, 05:16:36 am »
FrugFrug_MB, Cavalieres_Equal and JesusChrist all received 8 hour bans for leeching. I'll go over the screenshots and see what else there is to be done, if anything.

Here's the problem with you guys: You're spawning with construction sites and material, no weapon, you're heading off to a far corner of the map, you're convening with members of the enemy team but not fighting them, you're constructing siege equipment, but it's not even to the benefit of your team in any capacity whatsoever. By being logged into battle you're screwing the balance for the people who want to play, and you're not playing the game as intended.

If you want to build things, do it on the duel server, where you don't owe your playing time to anyone but yourself.

Even if we were spawning without weapons (which we weren't; construction materials do damage, however insignificant) we also were spawning ammo boxes and getting weapons. We never went to the "far corner" of the map, only a place where cav couldn't just run us over and destroy everything. Members of enemy teams were not attacking us, so why would we attack them? It only serves to lengthen the round if we chased down every single straggler on their team. Live and let live I say. And finally, to say that building ammo boxes, siege equipment, and catapults is not helping the team is flat out wrong. Not playing the game as intended? If chadz intended us to not use construction equipment in battle, he would get rid of them, just like he got rid of forward spawn points.

I leave you with this Canary: We are all unique people who have their own specialties and skills. Not everyone wants to play in heavy plate polearm or 1h cav shield builds that clutter up the servers. To deny and punish the poor souls who wish to embrace every aspect of the crpg experience is not only wrong, but is ultimately going to be the downfall of this community. If this persists, I fear one day to log on to see a bunch of tin cans in a pile of glances and bumps shouting unintelligible insults at each other. I urge you to confess your sins, revoke the bans, and give us each 50,000 gold reparations.
"As you gaze upon the cross, and long for conformity to him, be not weary or fearful because you cannot express in words what you seek. Ask him to plant the cross in your heart. Believe in him, the crucified and now living one, to dwell within you, and breathe his own mind there."

Offline Little Lord Lollipop

• Duke
  • Renown: 582
  • Infamy: 49
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Always Take The Shot
  • Game nicks: Frumpty_Dumpty_ATTS
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2013, 05:44:46 am »
People need to lighten up its a game.  Get the stick out of your bum.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2013, 05:47:52 am by Little Lord Lollipop »
Dear Little Lord Lollipop
You have received a warning for being a total twat.
Best Regards,
The cRPG Forum Team

Offline Kreczor

• Earl
  • Renown: 332
  • Infamy: 204
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: the qt crew
  • Game nicks: Kreczor_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: Kreczor
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2013, 06:21:50 am »
For shame Kreczor! NO FUN ALLOWED

BTW, I'm not complaining, I can see how some people wouldn't enjoy us building SUPER FUN SIEGE TOWERS AND CATAPULTS.
I'm all for fun, but as someone else has said in the thread thusfar, it's boring as fuck waiting the full 7 minute rounds every round because you guys decided to dick around. Hell, I'd be okay if you guys had done it once a map, but it's just blatant disregard for everyone else on the server. I'm surprised we aren't allowed to use ladders, but instead can still use construction sites in battle. They really do serve little to no purpose besides weapon racks, which in and of itself is not too great.

Oddly enough these are exactly the same responses as when I got a bunch of other people banned for the same thing. (http://forum.meleegaming.com/closed-requests/ban-request-multiple-people/msg346740/#msg346740 for reference)

Wow holy shit, a year to the day. What the fuck?

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2013, 09:28:12 am »
I was on for a map or two of that, I left a casual "stop griefing please" before I logged out, because it was just griefing your team and pretty annoying.  If that behaviour persisted for several maps in a row with multiple complaints you people deserve bans.  Just be respectful of other players besides yourselves and don't get carried away with lincoln logs while you lose every round and are always last alive.
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2013, 03:44:07 pm »
To me it's not even the fact that you're wasting people's time (frankly if they have to wait a minute or two after dying, that's part of battle).

The problem I have with people like this is that's "X" number of people on your team that are being useless.  So not only do you have 5 or 10 people on your team being useless, that's 5 or 10 people that have been balanced on the other team that are being productive.  So in reality, say 5 people are doing this, you're at a 10 man disadvantage from the other team.

That's a pretty big number to overcome.

Go to the duel server if you want to build shit.  Battles are 7 minutes long, there's no need for a siege tower in a 3 or 4 minute round.
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline EyeBeat

• Earl
  • Renown: 432
  • Infamy: 175
  • 20th BEST PLAYER IN HOSPITALLER
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hospitaller
  • Game nicks: EyeBeat_The_Wanderer
  • IRC nick: EyeBeat
« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2013, 03:27:07 pm »
I was on during it as well.  There was complaining in the admin chat.  I went to spectator to get all the names.

I was just about to ban them but then Canary did it for 8 hours.

I was going to do it for 24.  He beat me to it!

Sucks because I wanted some more no votes in my admin thread.

Being a smallish community doesn't entitle you to act more like a dick than other communities.