Author Topic: Removing blocks from kicks  (Read 5888 times)

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
Re: Removing blocks from kicks
« Reply #45 on: January 14, 2013, 05:05:40 pm »
Stab was unblockable (while kicking) before patch but for some reason people decided to whine at blockable kicking instead of using stab. It is probably too much for them to think for a while and stab, instead of trying to fight with a kicker with left and right swing...
If you hated kicking so much and it was so abused why weren't you stabbing I ask you...

1) Not all weapons have the ability to stab.
2) It was pretty ridiculous that people are complaining about shielders in their face and "what can they do".  In reality the shielder should have the advantage here, but they didn't because of being able to block while kicking.  The face hugger also likely had a pierce or blunt weapon without the ability to stab.  In reality, the shielder should have the upper hand here, and even be able to shield bash or put his body weight into the shield and push you back/down.  But being that the 2h's have the best lobby on the forums, that was not the case.  Not only can you keep S-keying and swinging and hitting the shielder when they are out of range to hit you, if they ever get within range you can just kick and not worry about missing the kick because they can't hit you anyways. 

This change was long overdue. 

*EDIT*  Also forgot about the terrible 1h stab mechanic, that should be mentioned as well.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2013, 05:12:44 pm by CrazyCracka420 »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline BlameMeForTheNoise

• Count
  • Renown: 189
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Varangian Guards
  • Game nicks: Vanguard_Sonjarr
« Reply #46 on: January 14, 2013, 05:08:09 pm »
and their hit detection is rather fucked at the moment.

This.

Offline BlueKnight

• Marshall
  • Renown: 983
  • Infamy: 200
  • If you run, you will only die tired...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
« Reply #47 on: January 14, 2013, 05:10:04 pm »
It's about time this change is finally implemented, keep it, this won't penalize skilled player.
Ok but kicking on EU3 is suicide now. You have to play carefully like if you couldn't do anything more than feint

Skyrim UI

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 14, 2013, 06:40:13 pm »
+2
It is true that you could spam kicks before without too much problem (if you didnt kick in the opposed direction and opened your flank), but now its the complete opposite : you can almost never kick except when you are DEAD SURE.

A middle ground can be reached ?  :D

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #49 on: January 14, 2013, 06:47:47 pm »
It is true that you could spam kicks before without too much problem (if you didnt kick in the opposed direction and opened your flank), but now its the complete opposite : you can almost never kick except when you are DEAD SURE.

A middle ground can be reached ?  :D

Certainly, and I'm glad you asked!

Bring back the ability to block the 3 directions while kicking, but give shielders a shield bash or a shield "push" (if you're close enough to someone with shield up and hit kick it will push them back).

2h/polearms had the advantage before, which was retarded and defeated the purpose of having a shield. 

They just have to S-Key until you get within your length of weapon to be able to hit them, and then they just kick you with your shield up. If you try dancing at all, then you will always stay out of range to hit them, while they can continue to s-key and hit you.

If you got close enough to be able to hit someone as a 1h/shield, then of course the advantage should be in your court...

I personally think this will be more balanced as they currently have it, than bringing back blocking while kicking and implementing a shield bash.  People would really whine about shielders then.
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Lanic0r

• Noble
  • Renown: 20
  • Infamy: 66
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 14, 2013, 10:27:11 pm »
Just removing the down block for good and the upblock so every weapon has a chance to punish kicks would have been fine imo
Although hes in a noob clan someone has told him the correct idea!
I gues a shielder playing admin without any skill invented this stupid change. Thx for being that forsighted developer team  :rolleyes:
Even less skill needed for a shielder now...

Offline BlueKnight

• Marshall
  • Renown: 983
  • Infamy: 200
  • If you run, you will only die tired...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
« Reply #51 on: January 14, 2013, 10:35:22 pm »
Dude kicks were ridiculous, if you fight someone who knows how to use them. Example, get knocked down, as you're getting up you get kicked slashed and now you're dead. Happens on NA servers more than you think. The best thing they did was add the chamber kick knockdown. Hilarious and nonsensical...I approve...
If you keep spamming "E" after being knocked down and enemy decides to hit you when you are on the ground and then kick you while you are standing up, you will chamber his kick and knock him down. It was tested and it works. However people don't kick after knockdown that often and even if they do I usually forget to chamber kick.

Skyrim UI

Offline Falka

• King
  • Renown: 1257
  • Infamy: 423
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 14, 2013, 11:18:59 pm »
+1
When DGS was nerfed recently loads of cheaper 2 handers got buffs, including all the axes
Well, axes got biggest buff and now +3 great axe has 49 dmg instead of 46. With 95 speed (old Miaodao had 95 speed) and 96 length it's tool of destrucion on siege.

Offline slimpyman

• Baron
  • Renown: 100
  • Infamy: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 15, 2013, 03:52:04 am »
I don't see why they didn't just add the couch mechanic to the kick.  When you're infantry and on the ground, you would have the dot by your weapon.  It would work the same way as couching.  Long cooldown on a kick, whenever the dot is grey then you have a kick available, when it was red then it's on cooldown.  Simple and effective way to regulate the kicks.  Turn it into a tool that you have to execute flawlessly to reap the benefits, without the spam.

In my opinion this tips the balance too much towards shielders, when it's already in their favor.

silveredge, you play this game at a highlevel... im glad we share the same thoughts on this kick nerf...  it was totally a nerf to people who knew how to kick. its just lowering the depth of combat for non shielder classes

Offline Lanic0r

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 15, 2013, 09:54:47 pm »
silveredge, you play this game at a highlevel... im glad we share the same thoughts on this kick nerf...  it was totally a nerf to people who knew how to kick. its just lowering the depth of combat for non shielder classes
than ask developers why they nerf the complex game mechanic and change amateurishly. It was the only way to make a duel against a no brain shielder entertaining (especialy for guys like Kingrimm, Rey the Grey, Have the fee etc. with almost unbreakable shields, aaaah dont forget Ganjus) :mrgreen:.
Now every no shielder has been nerfed, GRATZ to inventor!
PS: for idiots who ask them self: whats wrong, why he  bothers shielder. They had been handicapped to be incapable to block in any direction while kicking, for a good reason=> Balance
« Last Edit: January 15, 2013, 09:59:53 pm by Lanic0r »

Offline Lanic0r

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 16, 2013, 07:47:40 am »
Stab was unblockable (while kicking) before patch but for some reason people decided to whine at blockable kicking instead of using stab. It is probably too much for them to think for a while and stab, instead of trying to fight with a kicker with left and right swing...
If you hated kicking so much and it was so abused why weren't you stabbing I ask you...
too many casual players i guess. I thought no one knew stab is not blockable while kicking animation but me :(
See you on native duel?

By the way, i reckon a survey would be more succesfull on this subject.

Offline Paul

• Developer
  • Renown: 1879
  • Infamy: 442
  • ball bounce boss
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Urist
« Reply #56 on: January 16, 2013, 09:25:20 am »
+5
As far as I remember it was originally intented by cmp to return some turnability to kicking(like in older Warband) to compensate for the loss of blocking ability. I don't know if his plans changed but that is something you should ask him instead of spamming multipost whines. You could also ask for a smaller vulnerability time window.

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 16, 2013, 12:29:44 pm »
+3
As far as I remember it was originally intented by cmp to return some turnability to kicking(like in older Warband) to compensate for the loss of blocking ability. I don't know if his plans changed but that is something you should ask him instead of spamming multipost whines. You could also ask for a smaller vulnerability time window.

I lost his phone number  :cry:

Offline Senni__Ti

• Earl
  • Renown: 472
  • Infamy: 23
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Senni_Ti
  • IRC nick: Senni
« Reply #58 on: January 16, 2013, 01:59:44 pm »

This would be nice, I guess we just have to wait and see.

Offline Blueberry Muffin

• Marshall
  • Renown: 749
  • Infamy: 119
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 16, 2013, 03:20:05 pm »
+3
I like the change, kicking without blocking is an excellent challenge. There were too many strength builds who simply had to backpedal and spam kicks, a lucky one lands, and bam. 90% hp gone. This adds risk to kicking, where before there was very little. Even the stab could blocked if done properly prior to this change.
Lizard_Man: Fuck all that! Rather buy me 4 cans of Stella..
Cymro: Wife beater stella
Lizard_Man: It'll get ya drunk! You'll be fucking fat girls in no time! You might even fight a nigga or two! Mmmm-mmm, bitch!