Author Topic: War Thunder  (Read 23222 times)

Offline Zanze

• Earl
  • Renown: 366
  • Infamy: 69
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ravens of Valhalla
  • Game nicks: Raven_Zan
Re: War Thunder
« Reply #90 on: May 19, 2013, 06:27:49 pm »
Raven in general have been enjoying this game. We feel however that air needs a look at before anything else comes out. Some c-rpg player here claimed to have been in talks with the devs and that air will be fixed, but just in case...

Russian planes are too durable. I've had to hit a Yak-9 5 times with a 37mm to take it down. Other planes of its size practically explode when you hit them with a 37mm. Other than that, the more I look at their ammo counts, the more balanced I think their damage feels. Though, something should still be done about it in arcade mode...

Japan is definitely in need of some attention. They don't have enough planes for their tier levels and it is a little frustrating early on. However, when you are ingame and with an up-to-date plane it feels fine. Unless you chase something with turrets...

Other than that, it seems to be a pretty darned solid game. Most Raven members have dropped some cash on it too. It is definitely worth a look. It hooked me pretty bad when I got my first gaming taste of flying in Planetside2(late, i know) and wanted more because those air respawn times blew, as did missiles. We mostly play US-Germ-Brits on Arcade and have been venturing into Historicals every once and awhile. (The fact that we usually main and have fun with different factions makes arcade more attractive) We refuse to play Russkies usually due to how strong they are in Arcade. We also got one player who fell in love with the Japanese. They are nice to fly, but as I said before, their lack of up to date planes makes it annoying for me early on.

Offline Havoco

• Duke
  • Renown: 538
  • Infamy: 102
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Hospookfans
  • Game nicks: Hospitaller_Havoc
  • IRC nick: Havoco
« Reply #91 on: May 20, 2013, 12:50:11 am »
Yeah Japan is pretty good in arcade but they suck in historical battles. It also seems like the high tier jap planes aren't as good as other nations. He'll, I don't even play Japan anymore because I like HB and Japan takes like 3 minutes just to get a battle there. 80 percent of the time the battle isn't full either.

Hopefully they fix that, but I doubt it.

Oh and they're doing a golden eagle thing today only, win 5 times and get 200 eagles.
Pock gobblers

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
« Reply #92 on: May 29, 2013, 08:00:04 pm »
http://warthunder.com/en/news/159/current/

Ground forces first screenshots;

(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline Lansamur

• Count
  • Renown: 232
  • Infamy: 46
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Lansamur, The_Prisoner,Beer_Storage, Carebear_Ravenei
  • IRC nick: Lansamur
« Reply #93 on: June 03, 2013, 09:25:28 am »
+2
Been playing this for some time, too...
Biggest Difference to Wargaming's policy: Game is about realism, not about balance.

'Nuff said. I like it and am looking forward to playing Ground Forces there. Won't get me away from WoT (just spent too much money into that to leave it alone ^^), but it's certanily worth a look.
[22:17] <@chadz> congratz cmpxchg8b, you managed to put 995 errors into the item sheet!
[22:17] <@cmpxchg8b> epic winning
[22:17] <@cmpxchg8b> beat that Fasader

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: June 03, 2013, 09:27:23 am »
Arcade annoys the living **** out of me lately, I might try to play Histerical Battles more often.

(yes, that was on purpose.)

Last time I tried it I ended up in flames pretty quick, lol.

Also as long as they don't fuck up the "spotting mechanic" like Wargaming did, it will be a blast.

Nothing is more annoying than tanks disappearing in plain sight, shooting you, re-and disappearing again.

In a WW2 based game.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2013, 09:31:13 am by Christo »

Offline Clockworkkiller

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 872
  • Infamy: 573
  • cRPG Player
  • I shit dopamine
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Clockworkkiller
« Reply #95 on: June 03, 2013, 09:28:29 pm »
It's funny, because my dad plays this game, being the big aviation nerd he his. The funny part is he doesn't really play video games other than solitaire, chess and WW2 pilot air combat game back in the PS2 days
You are a horrible human being clockwork.

If i ever get muted on forums, contact me on crpg.net

Offline Zanze

• Earl
  • Renown: 366
  • Infamy: 69
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Raven_Zan
« Reply #96 on: June 03, 2013, 09:36:24 pm »
Christo, it is good that you will start playing Historical Battles. You will learn much more important things in there than in Arcade, especially if you connect the dots with common cRPG mishaps. I was also frustrated with Arcade, then I played nothing but Historical for a few days. Now I mix both and find Arcade to be almost laughably easy when in fighters and a challenge in bombers. (Shoot down the Yak-9T's or P-39/63's before they shoot you down)

Very important lessons:

Stop fighting on the walls, go for the flag. (Capture Airfields, use fighter bombers as much as you can)

When you see 2-3 teammates on an enemy, go elsewhere or you will be shot by friendly archers. (Hang around that fight, some enemy will go for your teammates and you can get on that person's 6 for an easy kill)

Don't charge into a group of 5 people by yourself, pick your fights. (Being at the highest alt is like being on an eagle's perch and just choosing which prey will be your dinner)

Start from the outside, then go inside. (Don't charge straight into fights, take out the people out of position on the outside and slowly work your way into the center. You have less chances of getting murdered that way.)

Watch out for Cav. (Use the C key or even remap it to ~ and be attentive to everything. Don't dive someone if you know that bf109 behind you is just gonna dive you the moment you give your back to him)

Play Siege like Battle. (Though you have more respawns, play like you don't. Conserve your planes as much as possible, don't dive in for a kill if you know you are going to get shot down immediately. Using just this single tip I have been able to get awards like bulletproof / survivor a lot more often and find the game more enjoyable and tactical.)

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: June 03, 2013, 09:57:44 pm »
Thanks for the tips, I really love "playing eagle", it's what I do in arcade all the time.

BnZ isn't very useful there though, which is sad.

Also matchmaking gets totally screwed during the nighttime, when I usually play games. Not fun to fight 2x your tier.

Offline Turboflex

• Duke
  • Renown: 648
  • Infamy: 212
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: June 03, 2013, 10:03:55 pm »
+1
Working your way into big dogfights slowly tho is very rewarding I have been getting great scores doing that.

War Thunder overall has many more bad players than c-RPG so it's very easy to get kills off people who over-expose themselves to attack

Offline Havoco

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: June 04, 2013, 12:39:52 pm »
Also u get a shit ton of lions if u do well in HB. Shoot down ~ 4 planes and you'll get about 40000 lions just for one plane.
Pock gobblers

Offline Erebosaither

• Knight
  • Renown: 67
  • Infamy: 53
  • cRPG Player
  • Awlpike FTW o/
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Erebosaither
  • IRC nick: Schumetzq
« Reply #100 on: June 04, 2013, 02:03:20 pm »
if guys wanna play with tier 6-11 gimme pm  :D btw German fighters FTW(bf-109 f4)

Offline BeastSVK

• Baron
  • Renown: 113
  • Infamy: 24
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights who say NI
  • Game nicks: NobleBeast_Knight_who_say_NI
  • IRC nick: NobleBeast_Knight_who_say_NI
« Reply #101 on: June 08, 2013, 08:56:54 am »
+2
Guys didint read all posts but repair system is great and its preventing using jets everytime. so game is rewarding those who are playing responsibly... start to improving your play so u will not die so often ..or  u need grind a little for one insta repair ..and if u play full real battle its not a problem :P visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Turboflex

• Duke
  • Renown: 648
  • Infamy: 212
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: June 10, 2013, 04:07:30 pm »
battle time 4 hours?? wow FRB is slow

Offline Havoco

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: June 12, 2013, 04:20:20 pm »
update 1.31 is out

sadly, no tanks yet.

here is the changelog:
(click to show/hide)

on a side note, now that they buffed the shiden kai I actually play japan again lol.
Pock gobblers

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: June 12, 2013, 06:01:03 pm »
Economy still screwed, the old hangar is gone (new one sucks)

I can't see any bombers because of the ruined damage model, and russia got even more overpowered.

This game. Why  :?