Author Topic: War Thunder  (Read 23652 times)

Offline Tibe

• King
  • Renown: 1335
  • Infamy: 287
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
War Thunder
« on: January 13, 2013, 10:35:53 am »
+7
Found this game thx to Mike. Thanks bro! :lol: Really wanted a game similar to "World of tanks", but with mothafiretrucking planes. Cause ive really never been much of a tankfan, but I seriuslly dig planes and helicopters. Just started playin and seems pretty awesomesauce. I hate the connecting by waiting in a line thou. Stupid system. Should have just putted a serverlist or something so I shouldnt be hoping for the best for 15 minutes......

Its still in betastage or something, but its got potential. Flyingcontrols are easy to learn and pull off, but its not exactly a cakewalk and its hard to master, which is the way I like it. Any ideas about it? Anybody played it? Anything I should know about it? Cause im sorta hoping to make this game to one of my priority-to-play games. Also anybody know any more games similar to this released? I know "World of Planes" is in closed beta, but the controls seemed bit to easy for my taste, atleast from the videos.

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
Re: War Thunder
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2013, 03:26:47 am »
"World of Warplanes" Sucked so much when I tried it.

Well it must be because I got used to the Planetside 2 flight mechanics, I seriously can't enjoy flying without that kind of freedom.. easymode.. freedom!  :mrgreen:

But thanks for the info, I'll give this one a try when it's downloaded!
« Last Edit: January 15, 2013, 03:31:35 am by Christo »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • Renown: 1492
  • Infamy: 859
  • cRPG Player
  • Jesus is the savior of Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2013, 08:02:04 am »
+1'd cuz pic before vid starts is a glorious zero.

TENNO HEIKA BANZAIIIIIII

Offline Tibe

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2013, 06:04:05 pm »
+1
(click to show/hide)
Yes, ive hear that the "world of Warplanes" sucked ass thou I havent played it myself. People who have played it and this, say that War Storm is better. Also I noticed that this game had planes, armored vehicles and ships tabs. 2 last ones are not done. So im quessing this game will also have a variety of player controlled vehicles and ships soon. Currently they are botcontrolled, but they are still pretty damn immersive when the flakcannons clowd the skies with smoke.
(click to show/hide)
Its open beta. Pretty damn good game imo. Some stupid decisions have been made to be honest in the menu and gameplay section. Like for instance not being able to pick the same plane for multible crews and some seriuslly retarded repairing mechanism that I still havent figured out fully.
(click to show/hide)
My alltime favorite warplane is Zero aswell, cause im pretty sure they were flown by pilots who said the very first YOLO's. :D But I still went for British airforce, cause I read in the forums that japanese and germans got the short end of the stick and have underpowered planes compared to ruskies, amurica and euromy old friends. Planned encouragement of patriotism much? :rolleyes:

Offline Tibe

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2013, 07:21:33 am »
Yep, turns out this game has a painfully idiotic repair system. Read this and lol:

Basically when you buy a plane, you have about 10 free repairs(exept the shitty starting planes). When you've played like 10 games with it,you have to pay moneh to repair it every single freaking battle if you dont have a "free repair" point. And the repaircost per battle are 3 times higher than what you win from battles.  You get a free repair overtime, simply by NOT PLAYING THE GAME! :evil: For normal and low tier planes 1 "free repair" is like 15min to 5 hours or so. For high tier planes the "free repair" point generating time is like 19 mothafucking days and playing one 15min battle without "free repair" with a high tier plane will get you instantly broke unless you bought craploads of credits for real money, cause the free repairs  dont stack. So you stuck with 1 "free repair" point per plane forever. So thats basically playing 1 15 minute game with an awesome plane and you have to wait half a month to play with it again. :evil:

I suppose this system sounded perfect on paper cause than you are forced to play with multible factions and many different planes and beginners dont get ganked, but its just pointless to play it continusly than. Cause levels, simply by playing for one nation, increase painfully slow. To even unlock and play with 1 single high tier plane takes months of serius playing. And high tier planes arent that OP compared to normal tier. But the nations dont have enough planes to keep you playin for hours without going broke. Cause its quite possible to run out of planes with just 15 minutes of playing. Than you have to do something else for 1 hour or so, till you can get back to the fight which you will play maybe 15minutes again. Shitty system, hope they fix it before beta ends.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2013, 08:06:25 am by TiberiusX »

Offline Tibe

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2013, 05:25:26 pm »
yea, made me sad aswell. Lets hope people hate it asmuch as we do and the devs will change it. Shitty repairsystem aside i seriuslly digg this game.

Offline Leesin

• King
  • Renown: 1009
  • Infamy: 230
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Leesin
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2013, 09:29:18 am »
I was about to download this but I'm glad I didn't even bother now I read about these lame repair mechanics, by mechanics I mean scheme by devs to try and convince people to buy repairs constantly with real money, heh. Just play IL-2 Sturmovik 1942, there are awesome mods out there and should be guides showing you how to play online, the most realistic and fun WW2 flight sim I ever played. I'm all for profit store MMO's but not ones that FORCE you to do it if you want to get any real play out of the game, no one is going to want to be stuck flying low level planes 99% of the time.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2013, 09:42:56 am by Leesin »

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2013, 10:05:01 am »
Well, it's a huge "meh" for me too.

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline Latvian

• King
  • Renown: 1494
  • Infamy: 379
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • с̴͎͖͈͟͠ͅу̷̸̻̣͇͚̫͎͇̩̟̖̪͇̯к̀́͠͞҉͎͚͎а̰̤͕̱͔̬͖̟̺͍͎́͞ ̸͝
    • View Profile
  • Faction: one and only DESERTERS
  • Game nicks: u know its me when you see me
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2013, 10:29:30 am »
crap i just downloaded it and now i am not sure if i want to try :D
people are like potatoes, they come in different shapes and sizes and they all are beautifull
masturbating while looking in a mirror isnt wrong unless its the rear view mirror and you are driving a school buss.

it doesnt matter if you are happiest person or an unfortunate weeper, a powerfull beast or a terrifying creature. we are all equal, in the eyes of the reaper.

Offline Tibe

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2013, 02:27:05 pm »
Well the game is still pretty fun with playing lowtier planes(not the first crappy free planes) which repaircosts break about even with what you get from battles, even if you just pick your nose the entire time. The difference  between high and low tier isnt that massive. Unless its the nationuberplaneclass that flys(according to the stats) 2 times faster than any other aircraft and rains down hell. But yea...game kinda looses point when your hardwork grindingprocess basically has a expiringdate. :(

I dont think this was ment to be a scam, cause it really does sound good on paper. But then again, the retardness of this system must have shown already in the alphastage....if it was exsistent there.

Offline Tibe

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2013, 11:25:15 pm »
Hmm, than il play lots more of it. I think il also put some moneh in this game to get some golden eagles. Made my Hurricane Mk 1 crew OP with the golden crowns provided at the start.

Offline Lamk

• Knight
  • Renown: 74
  • Infamy: 13
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Lamk
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2013, 04:30:11 am »
I'm lvl 7 with Germany add ''lamk10'' if you wanna play with someone

Offline Tibe

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2013, 08:31:26 am »
nevamind, already got it.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2013, 08:50:52 am by TiberiusX »

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2013, 12:55:00 am »
Been playing it. Rushed straight for the Blenheim. Love that bomber. Slowly getting better at attack ground targets, even blew up a couple of ships in bombing runs. Just a shame arcade mode is such a cluster fuck and I never ever have fighter support :(

Offline Tibe

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2013, 09:54:29 am »
Been playing it. Rushed straight for the Blenheim. Love that bomber. Slowly getting better at attack ground targets, even blew up a couple of ships in bombing runs. Just a shame arcade mode is such a cluster fuck and I never ever have fighter support :(

Stick your ingame name here and you haz support sometimes. :wink: But yea, when I go bomber i usually know im on my own so I fly as high as possible, cause most of the enemy fighters wont bother climing too high.