Author Topic: So list of ninja patch changes.  (Read 9426 times)

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: So list of ninja patch changes.
« Reply #45 on: January 13, 2013, 08:08:11 pm »
These recent changes did buff one "class" and that's agi shielder. We will certainly see more of those in upcoming months if things stay this way.

I don't know, spam always appeared to as more of a str 2h/pole thing. You need hp to survive the hits that you inevitably take by spamming. On the contrary, holds never seemed so useful to me before becoming a really fast 1h (playing naked with a +3 elite scimitar and no shield). With slower weapons, people have more time to react when they understand you are holding. However, this is not the same as perma-holds but honestly holding for very long never ever granted me a kill except when I had support. Also, spamming with 1h is of course possible (leftswing), but those that do it are asses and gamblers anyway.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1003
  • Infamy: 1208
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 13, 2013, 08:59:29 pm »
+11
Kinngrimm bought 20 certificates and now cmp is listening to him. Want proof:

1. Mauls nerfed
2. Kicks nerfed
3. Horsebump nerfed

Offline San

• Developer
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 143
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
    • View Profile
    • My youtube Brawl videos
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: San_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: San
« Reply #47 on: January 13, 2013, 09:24:05 pm »
+3
Does the damage decrease cap? 1h doesn't really hold much against 2h/pole (for that long), but often against other 1hs. I usually hold for a good 1-2 seconds sometimes, because I like the challenge of playing the reach game with an 88 length weapon and 5ath against 100+ length.

As a strength 1h, it will give me too much of an advantage over agi 1hs that rely on those holds and spacing to get in, so 80% is as much as 1h can take I think. I like the timing, as long as the penalty isn't too high, due to the low base damage of 1h.

Offline Torost

• Count
  • Renown: 292
  • Infamy: 109
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 13, 2013, 09:39:10 pm »
I am not sure, but I think they fsked around with the stats of some items aswell.
Was the sarranid guard armor always body:46 legs:6 ?

Offline Tzar

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 564
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_TzarOfRushYa
  • IRC nick: TZAR
« Reply #49 on: January 13, 2013, 09:40:38 pm »
+1
yes
I've never played a server where people split up as much or as often as on EU1.  No wonder range is having a field day.

Offline Ubereem

• Count
  • Renown: 197
  • Infamy: 115
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 13, 2013, 09:53:50 pm »
Only way I'll support held attack nerf is to make same changes to shields, aka the longer you hold shield up the more damage shield takes or something like that.

Also, what happened with removal of forceshield from horseback, you said you're going to do it?
seriously the heroes get nerfed for holding weapons but all mighty shielders can hold up their steel shields for days with no penalty
Jackson And No Bank

Offline Erzengel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 769
  • Infamy: 214
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Norse_Erzengel
« Reply #51 on: January 13, 2013, 10:56:20 pm »
+2
Why the hell should a shield take more damage because you hold it up for a while? Doesn't make any sense. That would make a shield totally useless while fighting several enemies at once... This change also affects shielders. I am working a lot with hold attacks. Please just stop crying if you have no idea of this class...

Offline Prpavi

• King
  • Renown: 1525
  • Infamy: 402
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 私 わ 変態 です
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Prpavi, Prpafeee
« Reply #52 on: January 13, 2013, 11:01:37 pm »
+2
Why the hell should a shield take more damage because you hold it up for a while? Doesn't make any sense. That would make a shield totally useless while fighting several enemies at once... This change also affects shielders. I am working a lot with hold attacks. Please just stop crying if you have no idea of this class...

No reason to cry really, shielders got well i wouldnt say a buff but werent nerfed out of all the classes in these recent patches (no autoblock on kicks, maulers fucked) so you are bound to get nerfed a bit next, only natural.
And now he can't play because of "common sense" and he doesn't understand how this common sense works
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Rage_Guy

• Earl
  • Renown: 384
  • Infamy: 123
  • cRPG Player
  • L to the ATVIA, bitch.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Latvian Potato Empire
« Reply #53 on: January 13, 2013, 11:11:10 pm »
the longer you hold shield up the more damage shield takes or something like that.
That's bullshit, think about what happens when a shielder is surrounded by ranged. Does his shield gets broken in pieces because he was holding it up all the time?
The shield is like an autoblocker, which can block several enemies at once, that's why people choose this class, in return, they get a tiny 1h sword/dildomace/toothpick, which glances on all the 30/9, 65 armor 2h heroes.
(click to show/hide)

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1964
  • Infamy: 2032
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 13, 2013, 11:15:03 pm »
+1

Cmp mentioned something like that awhile ago. Maybe I misunderstood what he meant.

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • Renown: 1492
  • Infamy: 859
  • cRPG Player
  • Jesus is the savior of Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 14, 2013, 12:19:42 am »
If you're gonna nerf shielders just nerf the percentage of boosts for armor, hp you get by increasing shield skill.
A.ka nerf shield skill. That'll nerf Kinngrimm and all those no-skilled spergs.

But keep 13 shield skill still unbreakable just for the lolz.

Offline Erzengel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 769
  • Infamy: 214
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Norse_Erzengel
« Reply #56 on: January 14, 2013, 12:42:15 am »
Shielders don't need any nerfs. A shield is nice but also comes with several disadvantages (high weight, low damage and reach compared to 2h/polearms). High armor is only really useful if you also have high hp. If you want to have a build with lots of hp you can't have lots of athletics or shieldskill at the same time (unless you are high lvl ofc). If you use heavy armor with a high hp strength build you will be limited to weapons with a good length like swords (so no Steel Pick spamm), your shield will break after some hits (you can't avoid them with movement, because you are slow as fuck) and lots of enemies can still easily outrange you. You will also get ganked quite often. If you use an agility build you will be fast and your shield will be nearly unbreakable, but every mistake will be punished very hard and teamhits are extremly painful. Might work for battle but is often quite frustrating on siege. Balanced builds aren't too strong either.

Don't cry for nerfs because some obviously broken things like kicks got fixed. All those 2h that complain about shields should first play a gen as shielder and then come back. Shielders are fine, they neither need a nerf nor buff.

Offline Prpavi

• King
  • Renown: 1525
  • Infamy: 402
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 私 わ 変態 です
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Prpavi, Prpafeee
« Reply #57 on: January 14, 2013, 12:47:25 am »
+2
Shielders are fine, they neither need a nerf nor buff.

A statement like this from a dedicated shielder makes me think...

he is cool with his class? Must be OP

NERF!!!
And now he can't play because of "common sense" and he doesn't understand how this common sense works

Offline owens

• Earl
  • Renown: 436
  • Infamy: 389
  • cRPG Player
  • PK_BALLA
    • View Profile
    • Our Website
  • Faction: Persian Kittens
  • Game nicks: PK's nice guy
  • IRC nick: PK world tour pm to donate
« Reply #58 on: January 14, 2013, 01:29:35 am »
So I recommended the changes to turn rate see....http://forum.meleegaming.com/suggestions-corner/turn-speed-based-on-moment-of-inertia/msg674170/#msg674170

I also recommended changes to blocking while kicking. I suggested no changing block while kicking eg you get one block but it is block stunned. This punishes mistakes without making a good kick too much of a gamble. NA players backpedal a lot and that can make kicking a little more powerful than it might be in EU.

I think maybe this change goes a little too far in the right direction to be justified.

cmp I would love to see the AUS server used for testing with kadeth and I reporting what we think both high skilled players (he is one of the best in AUS). LCC server is often broken and that has killed it many times over.

Another change I would like to see is mauls and pikes getting block stunned on every block based on the base weight of each maul type and the length of the pike type. This sounds cruel but would make them a bit more specific and a little less useful one v one. I don't struggle against mauls as they are weapons that truly suck balls but I can imagine in siege they get old fast.
PK is back

PK is a collection of elites from throughout modern and ancient history. Giants of Calradia individually, as a group these gods of combat shatter all expectations and ascend to a higher plain of victory that only a few have seen before.

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
« Reply #59 on: January 14, 2013, 01:42:51 am »
+2
More reasons not to play any more  :D