• Infamy: 279
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bogumili
  • Game nicks: Sagar
  • IRC nick: Sagar
Re: Crushtrough broken on EU1
« Reply #30 on: January 13, 2013, 03:04:57 pm »
Maul and crushthru is the one of the rare part of this game that is realistic. What you think for what they use it back in Medieval times?

Yes - for crushthru - especially against shielders. Can you believe it  :shock:

If you lazy to read some books, google it.

Offline no_rules_just_play

• King
  • Renown: 1401
  • Infamy: 384
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE; Peasants United; Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: CapraAegagrusHircus_HRE; no_rules_just_play_HRE
  • IRC nick: norulesjustplay
« Reply #31 on: January 13, 2013, 03:08:42 pm »
Please, of course a mauler will spam you when you are using a 2 directional weapon. But fighting against a 1h spammer will make your life hell as a mauler as you can hardly make an overhead connect from all the fast spam.
the point is that maulers could spam ct overheads, now they can still spam but the overheads are for in a controlled fight instead of a duel. You can still easily defend any point of the castle, but you just cant fight 1 vs 3  that effective anymore (its still possible but without ct spamming).

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #32 on: January 13, 2013, 03:10:28 pm »
And, if you guys think mauling was nerfed, it wasn't. Your big problem still stands tall - Mighty Great maul will still perform well. It is just that people who used other ct weapons that are mostly screwed.
People like Praetor are more deadly with their mauls than they would be with gmauls anyway, with mauls they can overhead fast enough for people not to be able to just double swing.
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Torben

• King
  • Renown: 2011
  • Infamy: 352
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • still prepare to get sexed
    • View Profile
  • Faction: by my overly nerfed heavy lance.
« Reply #33 on: January 13, 2013, 03:15:22 pm »
+1
I don't know, CT was a little bit too easy to make good use of in siege, as long as you had patience and good blocking. Now it will be harder for maulers to fight alone, but just as easy to go on a CT rampage when you got infantry support near you (esp. long spears).

although i do think of battle more then siege,  I must say I still want op things in my game.  its funner encountering something you need luck or a teammate to kill.
Yes, I know from whence I came! Discontented as a flame, Upon myself I live and glow. All I grasp like lightning flashes, All I leave behind is ashes
Flame I am - that much I know!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #34 on: January 13, 2013, 03:17:58 pm »
+3
Maul and crushthru is the one of the rare part of this game that is realistic. What you think for what they use it back in Medieval times?

Yes - for crushthru - especially against shielders. Can you believe it  :shock:

If you lazy to read some books, google it.

Do you think the great maul is realistic?
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline Falka

• King
  • Renown: 1257
  • Infamy: 423
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 13, 2013, 04:09:14 pm »

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #36 on: January 13, 2013, 04:16:40 pm »
Thanks for your valuable input.
I agree, thanks for stating your opinion on the matter Falka, it's good to know that you and quite a few other people support this nerf so that perhaps it sticks around.
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Tuetensuppe

• Event Manager
  • Renown: 1057
  • Infamy: 88
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Tuetensuppe Tojtensoup_throwing_spoons Merc_cry_me_a_soup
« Reply #37 on: January 13, 2013, 04:24:08 pm »
well ladys,

as some of you maybe know > im a shielder with my main since a lot of generations...anyway, at the point i was seeing a mauler charged me(doesnt matter wich kind of) i got sweaty hands,beacause it was often quiet hard to deal with them alone...so what to do? i normally tried to get some help from teammates etc > so it was something like a challenge to fight them> but that challenge was a great thing and a lot of fun even if i died quiet often :)

so if a mauler/mallet/longmaul dont crush anymore > they are really useless weapons at all...every 2h and 1h and pole is faster than a mauler and block all your swings without any effort, so there is no need anymore to have one of these mauls....
even if you would go for a build like 18/21 > you are maybe faster but still underpowered compared to all 2h,- and shield.heros

so after nearly all crushrough.weapons are gone (without holding attack) > i, as a shielder, only have to worry a bit about hardcore.shieldbreakers and thats all > so in my personal opinion you buffed shielders (me as well) a lot :)

well i can imagine that a mauler could be really annoying on siege, because he has some easy advantages like staying in a corner and wait/camp for someone to kill...but on eu1? seriously?

pls think again about that decission you have taken because it isnt really cool at all...
« Last Edit: January 13, 2013, 04:27:19 pm by Tuetensuppe »

Quote from: Gnjus
yes thats the problem, no more nice clans, everyone acts like theyre the real thing but all are just greedy backstabbing arrogant sons of bitches

Offline cmp

• M:BG Developer
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 2052
  • Infamy: 569
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: cmp
« Reply #38 on: January 13, 2013, 04:30:15 pm »
+1
Let's just wait and see how this change works out. I hope maul and mallet won't become too useless now because some people already know how to counter them well with spamming.

Keep in mind that it's only a test version and I'm open to suggestions to tweak the formula or even change what factors are taken into account when checking for crushthrough.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 13, 2013, 04:39:43 pm »
I like the fact that holding or not is something controllable by the players, a little bit of the random aspect of CT has been removed (at least for part of the CT weapons), which is good. But maybe it's an overnerf (I have no idea). In that case, the actual CT effect could be buffed. I mean, an increased chance of the crushthrough actually happening when you land a held overhead might very well rebalance the CT weapons.

Offline cmp

• M:BG Developer
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 2052
  • Infamy: 569
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: cmp
« Reply #40 on: January 13, 2013, 04:46:12 pm »
+2
Well, the problem I have been encountering so far is that to crushtrough someone, I have to hold attack which makes me slower and I can't catch people walking backwards, since mauls are such short weapons.

This will be partly addressed in an upcoming version, when backpedaling will be made "less powerful".

Either way, the crushtrough damage over block before on mallets an mauls was not all that great. Sometimes it took me 4-5 hits over huscarl shield with PS 9 to kill, and between each hits I would be hit at least one time because of how slow those weapons were compared to a 1h weapon.

That can't be right? I'm pretty sure crushthrough does not decrease damage, how can a 37 blunt damage (it's a lot) weapon with 9 PS need 4-5 hits?

In that case, the actual CT effect could be buffed. I mean, an increased chance of the crushthrough actually happening when you land a held overhead might very well rebalance the CT weapons.

It's already in. With a good hold the crushthrough factor will be higher than it was before.

Offline MLCA

• Peasant
  • Renown: 7
  • Infamy: 4
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Malaca, Malacon, MeBad
« Reply #41 on: January 13, 2013, 04:50:04 pm »
Just add crush thru to side swings to make up for it and all good!
Malaca

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #42 on: January 13, 2013, 04:54:24 pm »
+8
That can't be right? I'm pretty sure crushthrough does not decrease damage, how can a 37 blunt damage (it's a lot) weapon with 9 PS need 4-5 hits?

I always thought the shield/block sucked up quite a bit of the damage. Has always seemed like that from my own experience with using and defending against mauls :?
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline IR_Kuoin

• King
  • Renown: 1761
  • Infamy: 331
  • cRPG Player
  • What too write here?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigåde
  • Game nicks: KuoiN, Ziath
  • IRC nick: Simply Kuoin
« Reply #43 on: January 13, 2013, 05:00:04 pm »
+1
I don't see a problem with crush nerf.

Offline wayyyyyne

• Marshall
  • Renown: 725
  • Infamy: 233
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 13, 2013, 05:33:13 pm »
I like the fact that holding or not is something controllable by the players, a little bit of the random aspect of CT has been removed (at least for part of the CT weapons), which is good. But maybe it's an overnerf (I have no idea). In that case, the actual CT effect could be buffed. I mean, an increased chance of the crushthrough actually happening when you land a held overhead might very well rebalance the CT weapons.

CT isn't really that random. With a +3 great maul and 8 PS I used to crush through huscarls 99% of the time (or let's say NOT crushing them made me go WTF and completly threw me off).