Author Topic: This double hit business  (Read 17292 times)

Offline Kato

• Count
  • Renown: 227
  • Infamy: 37
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: This double hit business
« Reply #240 on: January 12, 2013, 01:55:42 am »
Will be weapons stats adjusted?

For example internal 2h balance will be ruined, cause of HBS, Bastard, Longsword awesomeness.

Offline EyeBeat

• Earl
  • Renown: 432
  • Infamy: 175
  • 20th BEST PLAYER IN HOSPITALLER
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hospitaller
  • Game nicks: EyeBeat_The_Wanderer
  • IRC nick: EyeBeat
« Reply #241 on: January 12, 2013, 04:53:51 am »
All these changing turn speeds though, seem problematic for someone who switches weapon a lot.

Wouldn't you want it that way though?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Being a smallish community doesn't entitle you to act more like a dick than other communities.

Offline San

• Developer
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 143
  • 1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
    • View Profile
    • My youtube Brawl videos
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: San_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: San
« Reply #242 on: January 12, 2013, 06:04:24 am »
It would be pretty funny if it wasn't capped, just floored at 5/7.. lol

Offline Paul

• Developer
  • Renown: 1879
  • Infamy: 442
  • ball bounce boss
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Urist
« Reply #243 on: January 12, 2013, 07:42:33 am »
+2
Not only 1h but also the shorter polearms and 2h get a significant agility increase with this change. For example bastard swords or spears are in the area 10-11, which increases the usefulness of sidestep overheads or stabs by a mile.

Offline Tovi

• Earl
  • Renown: 387
  • Infamy: 251
    • View Profile
  • Faction: OdE
  • Game nicks: KrisTovi
« Reply #244 on: January 12, 2013, 10:06:39 am »
Situation on EU1 : 50% less cav.

Invasion of tincan, mauler, great axes etc.

Offline Erzengel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 769
  • Infamy: 214
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Norse_Erzengel
« Reply #245 on: January 12, 2013, 10:24:48 am »
+1
Situation on EU1 : 50% less cav.

Invasion of tincan, mauler, great axes etc.

Maul will still be slow because of its weight. Check the example 1 or 2 pages before.

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: January 12, 2013, 10:52:23 am »
Wouldn't you want it that way though?
No, not really. These differences aren't subtle. If you pick a up a different weapon it might turn half as fast and your aim is completely screwed.

Offline Vodner

• Duke
  • Renown: 526
  • Infamy: 73
  • cRPG Player
  • SaulCanner
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: SaulCanner
« Reply #247 on: January 12, 2013, 12:13:14 pm »
+1
Will you be tweaking the stab sweetspot bonuses that were added when the turn limit was initially put into place? Just curious, I don't have any particular preference as to whether or not they are.

That aside, I look forward to the 1h stab again being useful as a general purpose attack, rather than as a situational one. I also look forward to no longer having to pull off 'stab into the sky, drag downwards' shenanigans, which made it really difficult to keep an eye on what was happening around you.

Offline Rebelyell

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 398
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Bobby
  • IRC nick: boobby
« Reply #248 on: January 12, 2013, 12:32:50 pm »
what with turn rate  for lances on horesback

will that make H lance even bigger shit like it is now?
« Last Edit: January 12, 2013, 12:39:42 pm by Rebelyell »

Hey, I just met you,
And this is crazy,
You just killed me
Nerf you maybe?

Offline Paul

• Developer
  • Renown: 1879
  • Infamy: 442
  • ball bounce boss
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Urist
« Reply #249 on: January 12, 2013, 12:47:07 pm »
Actually heavy lance turn rate changes from now 7.0 to 7.76 due to it's low weight, so it gets a bit more agility. I don't know though if only integer values for turnrates count and if yes, if the value is correctly rounded to the nearest number or just floored.

Offline Erzengel

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: January 12, 2013, 01:19:45 pm »
+1
It is good that 1h shielders get a buff because they really needed one. Poor guys rarely get 10th valour in a row on siege and they rule strat anyways.

I especially love when 1 shielder is able to hold block and walk backwards without taking damage from 3 guys that attack him constantly. Also got to mention it is a melee class that is hardest to gank, but also impossible to defend against when shielders gank someone else.

How about taking some damage over that shield after so many attacks?

Why all the hate on shielders? Shielder is a good and fun class but 2h and pole are still clearly superior. 2h/poles deal much more damage, have a much higher reach, even slow ones often can spamm a shielder (not even talking about Bastard Swords and Katanas), they easily stun most 1h weapons/shields, they don't slow you down like hell and lots of them are even shieldbreaking (which makes shielder the only melee class that has a direct counter). Oh and they can spamm kicks without penalties (sometimes even a kick without a block is enough to cancel my already released attacks) Now tell me why 1h/shield is too strong? A shield is nice against several enemies but during a 1vs1 it is not a huge advantage.

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: January 12, 2013, 01:26:36 pm »
+1
One hand weapons are inferior then 2handers and polearms, as it should be.   The shield is a massive advantage though in every battle situation and its kind of OP ezmode the way it works.  Invincible RMB forcefield to everything that almost never breaks with no effect on your swingspeed or damage.

Wouldn't mind seeing the buffs to some one handed weapons, but they should come to nerfs against shields themselves or it will be imbalanced.
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: January 12, 2013, 01:37:04 pm »
+2
One hand weapons are inferior then 2handers and polearms, as it should be.   The shield is a massive advantage though in every battle situation and its kind of OP ezmode the way it works.  Invincible RMB forcefield to everything that almost never breaks with no effect on your swingspeed or damage.

Wouldn't mind seeing the buffs to some one handed weapons, but they should come to nerfs against shields themselves or it will be imbalanced.

People can block, shields have become useless except when you have to block several enemies at the same time, or against one or maximum two ranged that want you dead. They provide less coverage than weapons for blocking (aka no sideblocking opponents in your back), they slow you down like hell because of the weight and only the 100 speed ones have responsive blocking and attacking after blocks, which also are the ones that happen to break in two/three hits of any axe, and also the ones that get blockstunned by bar maces (without any indicator when it happens). Also 1h animations and in particular the right swing are super prone to collide with objects and teammates, much unlike poles and especially 2h considering the length of these weapons.

Offline Erzengel

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: January 12, 2013, 01:39:38 pm »

How many gens have you played as shielder?  :)

I played both 2h/pole and 1h/shield for a long time. In my opinion 2h/pole is much easier to play if you know all the combat basics/don't suck at blocking. Shielder is one of the most balanced classes in the game (probably the only one :P). It neither needs a buff (besides stab, which is just broken) nor a nerf.

Reducing the turnspeed for long, heavy and slow 2h/polearms is still a good thing. It is really frustrating to get spammed by a Nodachi or something similar. Perhaps you should also look at the stats of some fast and short (spammy) 1h weapons. Some of them might be too strong with a speed increase (Steel Pick, Niuweidao...).

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: January 12, 2013, 01:58:12 pm »
+3
Then, when a shielder wants to actually kill someone, he will have the pleasure of being s-keyed and hiltslashed constantly. Also it is the only unit that is relatively weak to cav even when prepared.