Author Topic: TO THE DEVS TEAM !!  (Read 8489 times)

Offline Tibe

• King
  • Renown: 1335
  • Infamy: 287
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
Re: TO THE DEVS TEAM !!
« Reply #150 on: January 12, 2013, 12:10:41 pm »
+1
Grow some balls and learn to play the game by either building one of the many classes that can deal with archers, or learn to play as a team with one of the many classes that can deal with archers.

I happen to notice that the ones crying are newbs who really haven't learned2play. As an archer I can say that 2 meleeguys are enough to turn me into dogmeat, that is now after the patch. I dunno how I could have stood on my own before the patch thou...but thats in the past.

When I was a 2h for 5 gens straight, I think I bitched about archers the entire 2 gens and wanted more nerfs, after that I think I sorta adapted cause they really didnt bother me as much and I got loads of melee action. Few stray arrows here and there hitted me but nothing too bad. The kiting archers who did take entire teams out however, I just considered pro and not OP. But ofcourse most (lame) players consider this bullshit. An archer is never "pro" to them, like melee players. To those lame players a skilled archer does not exsist, if a archer kills many players it always means that the class is OP and nothing else.

Offline Hunter_the_Honourable

• Count
  • Renown: 229
  • Infamy: 178
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Killing fairy riders for the good of cRPG.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Anti-fairy riders.
« Reply #151 on: January 12, 2013, 01:16:17 pm »
You guys are so full of crap. Since I quit being an archer 2 generations ago, I solo 2 or 3 archers at a time with my new build. 4 or 5? That gets a bit too much for me, but 2 or 3 are dog meat. There are so many things you could do to counter them, but I see the same 3-4 people crying about archery and gang +'ing each others posts. It is much easier to complain on the forums, especially when you see the results in a nerf against archery every single patch, it just encourages you that much more to cry for even greater nerfs.

Grow some balls and learn to play the game by either building one of the many classes that can deal with archers, or learn to play as a team with one of the many classes that can deal with archers.

When the sever is full of random people and maybe a few people from mixed clans, you will find the clan members stick with their clan maybe tag along with another for a little while but trying to organise people to not just charge at what ever they see is extremely hard. Because no one listens Its all good and well telling me to work as a team but whats the point of trying to help team mates if all they do is charge at the first thing they see like a bull being taunted?

and I guess now you're going to probably give me a lecture about team work.
How can you trust People?
They are Humans
I never trust Humans.

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
  • Renown: 1170
  • Infamy: 617
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: January 12, 2013, 01:27:37 pm »
+1
I love how the teamwork card is pulled, but at the same time they want to be able to kill 1v1 in range and melee. How about you have no melee weapon and then you use teamwork to defend against melee? Or you have bad ranged damage unless you play as a team with other ranged?

When it comes to teamwork & tactics there are options for melee. Shield walls, camping covered areas, flanking/surrounding, taking the high ground, winning the main melee battle and winning through numbers, waiting for flags etc. What tactics & teamwork do ranged need to employ to beat a team? Stand and pewpew on a roof? Stay near teammates to be protected from cav? To me ranged want everything and none of the downsides to playing a class
If you have ranged troubles use this:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline pepejul

• Master-At-Arms
  • King
  • Renown: 1611
  • Infamy: 495
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen
  • PEPE INSIDE
    • View Profile
    • http://alkislarlayasiyorum.com/icerik/60166/pepee-pepee-cok-uzuluyor
  • Faction: Pecores / Krems / hobo in the heart forever
  • Game nicks: something with PEPE inside
  • IRC nick: Pepejul
« Reply #153 on: January 12, 2013, 02:19:07 pm »
I LOVE YOU, ADMINS !

Offline buba

• Count
  • Renown: 193
  • Infamy: 33
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Buba_theVagabond
« Reply #154 on: January 12, 2013, 04:16:17 pm »
To me ranged want everything and none of the downsides to playing a class

That sounds like every other class out there.
The difference is that inf are getting there, at the expense of ranged/cav.

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: January 12, 2013, 04:30:19 pm »
That sounds like every other class out there.
The difference is that inf are getting there, at the expense of ranged/cav.

We will be there when all inf feel the need to take some ranged capability. We're getting there tho. Why not put some wpf into xbows and take one, or use throwing? It hardly affects your build, just adds some weight and upkeep. Its not a balance thing, its that not everyone wants to play M&B like its some bad FPS game
« Last Edit: January 12, 2013, 04:39:02 pm by Grumbs »

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #156 on: January 12, 2013, 04:36:15 pm »
+4
The kiting archers who did take entire teams out however, I just considered pro and not OP. But ofcourse most (lame) players consider this bullshit. An archer is never "pro" to them, like melee players. To those lame players a skilled archer does not exsist, if a archer kills many players it always means that the class is OP and nothing else.

Skilled archers didn't need the kiting. The kiting made average archers look good because they were pretty much untouchable while still 2-3 shot people with loomed stuff. Good archers are the ones with great long shots, and good support fire in the mass melee, while still having good survivability (can hold his ground in melee, decision making, positioning etc.)
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
« Reply #157 on: January 12, 2013, 04:57:43 pm »

When the sever is full of random people and maybe a few people from mixed clans, you will find the clan members stick with their clan maybe tag along with another for a little while but trying to organise people to not just charge at what ever they see is extremely hard. Because no one listens Its all good and well telling me to work as a team but whats the point of trying to help team mates if all they do is charge at the first thing they see like a bull being taunted?

and I guess now you're going to probably give me a lecture about team work.

"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

Offline Hunter_the_Honourable

• Count
  • Renown: 229
  • Infamy: 178
  • Killing fairy riders for the good of cRPG.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Anti-fairy riders.
« Reply #158 on: January 12, 2013, 05:34:39 pm »
+1

You're hopeless.
How can you trust People?
They are Humans
I never trust Humans.

Offline XyNox

• Marshall
  • Renown: 801
  • Infamy: 219
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Quincy Clan
  • Game nicks: Quincy_XyNox
« Reply #159 on: January 12, 2013, 05:37:13 pm »
You guys are so full of crap. Since I quit being an archer 2 generations ago, I solo 2 or 3 archers at a time with my new build. 4 or 5? That gets a bit too much for me, but 2 or 3 are dog meat. There are so many things you could do to counter them, but I see the same 3-4 people crying about archery and gang +'ing each others posts. It is much easier to complain on the forums, especially when you see the results in a nerf against archery every single patch, it just encourages you that much more to cry for even greater nerfs.

You quit being archer ? I wasnt playing for some months. I was wondering if there are still long time archers who havent quit the class by now. I was spectating EU 1 yesterday and saw blackbow but he rarely reached a 1:1 KD with his bow and was raging most of the time. Sad times.

Offline Rumblood

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: January 12, 2013, 05:50:58 pm »
+1
You quit being archer ? I wasnt playing for some months. I was wondering if there are still long time archers who havent quit the class by now. I was spectating EU 1 yesterday and saw blackbow but he rarely reached a 1:1 KD with his bow and was raging most of the time. Sad times.

Yes, I could no longer play the class as I wanted, which as you know consisted of zero kiting and everything to do with challenging cavalry in the flat open field to come and get me. As you know, I was a horse hunter, dedicated to leveling the playing field against the overpowered cavalry class by knocking the cowards off of their mounts and then fighting them hand to hand on the ground.

The way archery is now, the only way to play and do well is to get to the highest point that you can with other ranged and then pew pew from a distance with the strongest bow and damage possible and then start running away before a threat can get to you. Otherwise, you can expect to get off a few relatively ineffective shots before being bumped to death, lanced in the back, or killed in a single blow by a melee opponent that can take literally a dozen clean hits before they die from your weapon.

I didn't take to the forums to rage or make a big deal over it. I just had a funeral ceremony for my archer and changed to a class where I could once again play as a cavalry hunter in the open field with an even chance of going mano y mano with one of them. But I do still take the time to respond to these ragers who are still calling for a nerf to a class that I finally gave up on.
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: January 12, 2013, 06:00:35 pm »
This is when we put an image of someone in tears right?  :P

Nah the problem is your cushy way of playing was challenged a bit so you ditched the class. I see plenty of ranged doing well, half the players or more seem to be ranged (including archers)

Offline Rumblood

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: January 12, 2013, 06:06:51 pm »

Nah the problem is your cushy way of playing was challenged a bit so you ditched the class. I see plenty of ranged doing well, half the players or more seem to be ranged (including archers)

There is nothing cushy about standing your ground in the open field and challenging cavalry in their domain. Try it sometime with a bow and a short sword since you seem to be the big man around town.

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: January 12, 2013, 06:16:58 pm »
I have but I felt lame as hell. I'm not going to shoot at people in a game like this. If I want to play an FPS game i'll do it in a game where other people can shoot me back and the targets move faster or the shots are harder to land.

When that WPF bug was in recently that stopped PD from affecting WPF, I played again and I felt like cheating, and I'm not even half as good as decent ranged players. If a game has mostly RNG to control its ranged then there are serious problems

Offline XyNox

• Marshall
  • Renown: 801
  • Infamy: 219
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Quincy Clan
  • Game nicks: Quincy_XyNox
« Reply #164 on: January 12, 2013, 06:17:56 pm »

Nah the problem is that lobbying, retarded cunts are allowed to present their worthless opinions on these forums, regarding matters they have absolutely no clue what they are talking about, just with the intention to fuck up a whole class for your own benefits, which is in fact no different to griefing and should be rewarded with cancer irl. Several months have passed and melees still think all the complaints are because of kiting, lol.

Now the REAL problem is that devs either seem not to notice that 90 % of the post in those "anti archer crusades" are pure lobbying ( very unlikely since you must have been diagnosed with down syndrome in order to actually believe any of that bullshit )

OR devs simply have the same intentions, to simply fuck up the class.