Author Topic: Give melee only server with xp/gold  (Read 3325 times)

Offline Nindur

• Knight
  • Renown: 29
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Northern Empire Rebellion
  • Game nicks: N1nd3r9
Re: Give melee only server with xp/gold
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2011, 04:50:41 pm »
Stop being a pussy and deal with ranged. I'm on my polearm gen now, and yeah, it's a piss off but play with your team and be aware of your surroundings and you can top the scoreboard if you have the proper level of skill.

Offline Dravic

• Knight
  • Renown: 78
  • Infamy: 29
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Not playing
  • Game nicks: Not playing
  • IRC nick: Most likely Dravic
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2011, 04:55:18 pm »
Archers, horses, sun, rain and night is real... Bad idea.

No, it isn't.

Slower running and xbows fucked up... My chosen style of playing is nerfed because some numbers rolled rain for the only 1hour you can spend playing cRPG today. How would you feel?

Just remoe the rain by just simply not allowing scripts to roll it.

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • Renown: 226
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player
  • Why the hell did I do anything other than ranged?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: The threat of physical violence should be present in all things
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2011, 04:56:14 pm »
I topped the board fine last night, I'm just tired of every single goddamn fucker having ranged with maybe a melee weapon for backup... or they run.

I really don't care if ranged was "historical" or part of "real" medieval battles, or part of the game.  Ranged is fucking lame, it sucks and I would rather take 50% xp in order to get away from it other than on the duel server where I can't level up.
And I should be nice or polite to anyone.... why exactly?

Offline OttomanSniper

• Count
  • Renown: 175
  • Infamy: 97
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Greek_OttomanSniper Roof_Monkey
  • IRC nick: _Sniper
« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2011, 05:33:39 pm »
« Last Edit: August 19, 2011, 07:04:40 pm by OttomanSniper »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline MrShine

• Ragdoll Basher
  • King
  • Renown: 1156
  • Infamy: 193
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Fear the stache
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: MrShine
« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2011, 05:42:19 pm »
Take away ranged and you just get a blob of 2-h polearm users swinging away.  That might be fun for awhile, but it seems like it would get boring pretty quick.  I get as annoyed as the next guy when I get hit by a projectile mid swing or block, but playing both archer and melee I appreciate the flavor that archers, throwers, xbows and cav offer the game. 

Plus catching that archer in the back of the head the next round is priceless   :D
Holy crap I have a youtube gaming channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/MrShine12345

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2011, 05:54:10 pm »
The problem with the Risen server is that, as it's only melee, most people out there are pure 2h or 2h polearm. It's already difficult to compete with those guys if you aren't like them. But even more challenging is the totally enormous gap of player skill between it and the other servers.

Reasons ? I selected a few :

- Risen have quite a good part of elite 2h, which are the perfect design for melee only.
- Many pure melee players are already very good, and those tend to be focused by ranged troops on the other servers. They can fully express their skills in a melee only server.
- It's a bit like a duel server; with xp and gold.

If more people came and played on it, I'm sure it would be much less frustrating to play for less skilled players.
I love the difficulty on this server. It's really good to hone your melee skills while still gaining xp and gold. If you play a while on the Risen server and afterwards join EU 1, everything feels so easy. Indeed all of the above is true, but I find it a good thing. Except the amount of 2h stabbing going on is just ridiculous sometimes.

Offline Cepeshi

• Earl
  • Renown: 467
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player
  • Relax, it is just a life...
    • View Profile
    • Wanna work with me? Ping for more info!
  • Faction: Deserters
  • Game nicks: Fapulena, Useless
  • IRC nick: Cepeshi
« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2011, 07:06:26 pm »
no matter what thread i hop in, i see: nerf rain, nerf archers, omg lolstabs....damn guys, this is not fun anymore :(

Offline Mulic

• Peasant
  • Renown: 6
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
  • GOD WILLS IT!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights_templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Mulic
« Reply #22 on: April 28, 2011, 09:35:14 pm »
But doesn't it feel so damn good when you kill all those damn archers?

If your killed by them then i'm sorry. God Wills It.

Offline Corrado_Decimo

• Baron
  • Renown: 109
  • Infamy: 55
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Corrado_the_Grey, Bodyguard_the_Grey, Sniper_IV_the_Grey, Ston3rh, Hopleet
« Reply #23 on: April 28, 2011, 09:41:50 pm »
risen server ftw. i'm playing there the most of the time... feels like a heaven without being ganked by throwers/archers/0wpf xbowmen.

Offline Corrado_Decimo

• Baron
  • Renown: 109
  • Infamy: 55
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Corrado_the_Grey, Bodyguard_the_Grey, Sniper_IV_the_Grey, Ston3rh, Hopleet
« Reply #24 on: April 28, 2011, 09:44:41 pm »
I topped the board fine last night, I'm just tired of every single goddamn fucker having ranged with maybe a melee weapon for backup... or they run.

I really don't care if ranged was "historical" or part of "real" medieval battles, or part of the game.  Ranged is fucking lame, it sucks and I would rather take 50% xp in order to get away from it other than on the duel server where I can't level up.

just buy a PS3 + tekken5 or soulcalibur 5, join playstation network and enjoy.

Offline Mulic

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
  • GOD WILLS IT!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 30, 2011, 12:41:30 pm »
Now the morningstar. cheap and is awesome. everyone should buy one

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 30, 2011, 12:51:28 pm »
Stop being a ranged and deal with pussies.

Fixed. Warning : 2 or more ways of understanding this sentence are misleading.

I love the difficulty on this server. It's really good to hone your melee skills while still gaining xp and gold. If you play a while on the Risen server and afterwards join EU 1, everything feels so easy. Indeed all of the above is true, but I find it a good thing. Except the amount of 2h stabbing going on is just ridiculous sometimes.

It is exactly that last sentence that was in my mind. The official servers are advantaging range (maps...). But when you go on a melee only, it becomes obvious that anything else than 2h (and some 2handed polearms) is gimped in melee group vs melee group. It's not so true in duels though. So even if it's funny to play with good players, their tendency to have exactly the best possible build on this server is irritating. Furthermore, using bannerbalance isn't really a good idea, since Risen are dominating (in numbers) the active players on this server, so most games end up being Risen vs randomers. Guess who wins ?

Offline Mulic

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
  • GOD WILLS IT!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 30, 2011, 12:52:54 pm »
Fixed. Warning : 2 or more ways of understanding this sentence are misleading.

It is exactly that last sentence that was in my mind. The official servers are advantaging range (maps...). But when you go on a melee only, it becomes obvious that anything else than 2h (and some 2handed polearms) is gimped in melee group vs melee group. It's not so true in duels though. So even if it's funny to play with good players, their tendency to have exactly the best possible build on this server is irritating. Furthermore, using bannerbalance isn't really a good idea, since Risen are dominating (in numbers) the active players on this server, so most games end up being Risen vs randomers. Guess who wins ?

God?

Offline crojosip

• Noble
  • Renown: 24
  • Infamy: 10
  • cRPG Player
  • *insert random quote here*
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Crojo
« Reply #28 on: April 30, 2011, 04:57:16 pm »
couple of shielders backed up by some pikes dominate 2handers.

Offline kinngrimm

• King
  • Renown: 1026
  • Infamy: 320
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • The Betrayer of Nations
  • Faction: Wolves of Fenris
  • Game nicks: kinngrimm, Karma
  • IRC nick: kinngrimm
« Reply #29 on: April 30, 2011, 07:41:58 pm »
I'd like melee servers with xp/gold gain, to be fair we can also have ranged only servers where the ranged guys give themselves hell.

If such a server melee only or ranged only becomes popular and it has included the general EU Server rules and is accepting their admins, then there wont be a majority of any clan on that server because it becomes a public server.
learn from the past, live the moment, dream of the future