Author Topic: A few things about crpg i have been wondering about  (Read 1900 times)

Offline Tindel

• Earl
  • Renown: 333
  • Infamy: 238
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Tindel
Re: A few things about crpg i have been wondering about
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2013, 10:00:08 pm »
Imagine if chadz was fucking uber pro as a random class/spec.  Imagine the uproar when class balance starts xD
Better if game devs keep their gaming a secret i think.

Offline Falka

• King
  • Renown: 1257
  • Infamy: 423
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2013, 10:03:59 pm »
My bad then,please accept my apologies :)
Looove!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:mrgreen:

PS Cmp was pretty good when he played.

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2013, 10:07:02 pm »
cmp was an intentional teamkiller  :shock:
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2013, 11:01:24 pm »
+2
Truth is that cmp and chadz are bad players...
I duelled cmp once like 2 months ago and he was not bad at all, he might kick your ass 8-)

What was the stronghold game type like?
I spent my first half hour shitting bricks because I was building a fucking castle on the fly. I was so impressed by that shit. It was a bit laggy and confusing at first, but it actually worked pretty well. I have already forgotten what the objective really was, but the objective was at the other team's spawn. I think it was a flag or something. There were other points on the map which could be captured, giving your team more resources to build objects. In case you didn't know, you could build almost all the castle props by selecting them ingame using a menu, after which they would slowly raise out of the ground, costing you resources.

At first nobody really knew what to do and random props were build everywhere, but an hour in there was a decent sized squad of people on my team that knew what to do. We captured some points, fortified them and started doing waves at the enemy's base, which was a huge castle by then. It was a lot of fun.

I really don't see it becoming a fully fledged balanced and stable game mode. Too much freedom, too laggy and it requires a lot of people playing for it to actually work. When I played there weren't actually enough people to defend multiple points, let alone attack and defend at the same time. It looked like a lot of effort had been put in though and I would strongly support another Stronghold session, if the code is still there. It might get some old people back to playing. Shame to leave all that hard work on some dusty shelf.

Offline Tibe

• King
  • Renown: 1335
  • Infamy: 287
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2013, 10:52:34 pm »
I really don't see it becoming a fully fledged balanced and stable game mode. Too much freedom, too laggy and it requires a lot of people playing for it to actually work. When I played there weren't actually enough people to defend multiple points, let alone attack and defend at the same time. It looked like a lot of effort had been put in though and I would strongly support another Stronghold session, if the code is still there. It might get some old people back to playing. Shame to leave all that hard work on some dusty shelf.

Sooo this is really a gamemode that should have like 20 players or so? It sounds like fun. Battle is boring, siege is boring, strat lacks freedom(not really as sandboxy as id like) and is way toooo long to be fun enough. Should have something different.

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2013, 10:55:12 pm »
Sooo this is really a gamemode that should have like 20 players or so? It sounds like fun. Battle is boring, siege is boring, strat lacks freedom and is way toooo long to be fun enough. Should have something different.
No, a lot of players means atleast a 100 in my book.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2013, 10:57:43 pm »
There was one in the very beginning of rageball, no idea about the score, but I rememeber the map was Ruins.

Ninjas totally wrecked the other team.

Rageball didn't changed much, it's still about who has the most ath.

PS Cmp was pretty good german poleaxe when he played.

fixed

:P

Offline Tibe

• King
  • Renown: 1335
  • Infamy: 287
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2013, 02:48:41 pm »
No, a lot of players means atleast a 100 in my book.

No I ment like 20 players to be playable. If you said it was already laggy back then with few people. Imagine with 100. I doubt they can make it less laggy over time, cause big maps and many props just make for a laggy game. Still id like to see this mode happen, even when restricted so small ammount of people.

Offline Laufknoten

• Earl
  • Renown: 480
  • Infamy: 63
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
  • BOAT OF ANGER FLOATING ON THE SEA OF TEARS
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Felipe
« Reply #23 on: January 06, 2013, 03:04:36 pm »
Indeed. Truth is that those that do make games, dont really play em as much..... Really not so suprising they suckth.
Well if you have to fiddle with the game each day for like 4 years I guess you wouldn't feel like playing so much too. Also he can't say "k bye guys, see you in 6 months" cause without him the mod would most likely die.

Offline Umbra

• King
  • Renown: 1299
  • Infamy: 162
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Krems, Freak Army of Gnjus
  • Game nicks: Umbra
« Reply #24 on: January 06, 2013, 03:29:50 pm »
Well if you have to fiddle with the game each day for like 4 years I guess you wouldn't feel like playing so much too. Also he can't say "k bye guys, see you in 6 months" cause without him the mod would most likely die.

Lol do you play crpg? Getting feedback once in 6 months would be awesome the way it is now