Author Topic: Fix 1h-2hcav balance  (Read 2262 times)

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
Re: Fix 1h-2hcav balance
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2013, 02:02:55 pm »
wad, how does low weapon speed (or any weapon speed) give higher speedbonus?
Same way it does with a pike.
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Tigero

• Knight
  • Renown: 57
  • Infamy: 129
  • cRPG Player
  • Respecer, Dictator of holy virginal defenders
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2013, 02:03:17 pm »
This is to much bullshit for me, I'm out, feel free to go about pretending shit.

Don't rage, it's not even the main point if the 2h is 2 units longer or something, it must be significantly longer because 1h has other advantages... I think it would be realistic and balanced to nerf horse manouver if you're both hands are occupied by shield and sword, or by a bow for that matter!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

The humor might be fun for u, but it is fun on behalf of others.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2013, 02:03:33 pm »
Same way it does with a pike.

wut, seriously

Offline Tigero

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2013, 02:06:03 pm »
Wut, the world will never be the same, give me long maul on horseback with +3 courser!

Ps. to be true, i really don't know what damn animation the 2h uses hitboxwise on horseback, it's really bugged how the sword really hit's stuff.

Offline Torben

• King
  • Renown: 2011
  • Infamy: 352
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • still prepare to get sexed
    • View Profile
  • Faction: by my overly nerfed heavy lance.
« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2013, 02:10:03 pm »
+1
wut, seriously

decreasing weapon speed increases speedbonus,  thats why the heavy lance isnt completely useless as its lowered speed gives a good damage at high speed.  thats why agi builds make crazy damage with pikes (high running speed+low weapon speed)  and thats why 2h on horse does insane damage if you fly by on a courser.

to OP:  if you wanna be a 2h styler on horseback you just gotta eat the disadvantages.  also,  see my last post:  morning star on cata (or ever any low horse) is crazy good,  you just need to adapt style.  a stopped lancer in range of a 1h cav is just as fucked.
Yes, I know from whence I came! Discontented as a flame, Upon myself I live and glow. All I grasp like lightning flashes, All I leave behind is ashes
Flame I am - that much I know!

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2013, 02:10:06 pm »
Don't rage, it's not even the main point if the 2h is 2 units longer or something, it must be significantly longer because 1h has other advantages... I think it would be realistic and balanced to nerf horse manouver if you're both hands are occupied by shield and sword, or by a bow for that matter!
Have you ever been on a horse before? You ride with your legs, arms are really just for holding on in case your horse flips out, so the only realistic thing to do would be that if both your hands are occupied you fall off at rearing if you're using both hands.
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 02, 2013, 02:11:49 pm »
decreasing weapon speed increases speedbonus,  thats why the heavy lance isnt completely useless as its lowered speed gives a good damage at high speed.  thats why agi builds make crazy damage with pikes (high running speed+low weapon speed)  and thats why 2h on horse does insane damage if you fly by on a courser.

Where did you get that info? Last I heard speed bonus was relative between your movement and enemy movement speed and direction, not the weapon speed. Doesn't make any sense the way you say it is.

Offline Torben

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 02, 2013, 02:15:46 pm »
stop with realism haha

not only where there specially trained cataphracts in ancient armies with huuuuge lances they held twohanded,  but the riders also fuckin lived on their horses.  there just aint a way an applicable nerf to riding would be realistic in combat situations .) 

shields werent held by hand only,  so they could hold onto the horse with that hand,  rodeo dudes do all kindsa crazy shit on their horses no handed, bla bla
Yes, I know from whence I came! Discontented as a flame, Upon myself I live and glow. All I grasp like lightning flashes, All I leave behind is ashes

Offline Tigero

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 02, 2013, 02:16:52 pm »
Have you ever been on a horse before? You ride with your legs, arms are really just for holding on in case your horse flips out, so the only realistic thing to do would be that if both your hands are occupied you fall off at rearing if you're using both hands.
I bet you have been swinging a sword ontop of it, too... Yes you can lock yourself to the horse by bringing your legs forward on locking yourself between the stirrups and saddle, but then the only thing you can really do it joust. If you're going to swing far and wide and control you're horse, you have to hang from it and you need one hand on the horse for that.

Offline Torben

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 02, 2013, 02:20:24 pm »
Where did you get that info? Last I heard speed bonus was relative between your movement and enemy movement speed and direction, not the weapon speed. Doesn't make any sense the way you say it is.

this,  for example,  doesnt fit to HAs,  as speedbonus there is determined by target speed only,  not the archers speed.

my info comes from a dev  who said this a year ago or so, when the heavy lance got a huge speed nerf from 80 somthing to 68 or so.  it turned out that this made the lance very deadly because of said hard coded mechanic,  which was the reason for them to speed up the lance again in the following fix.

It seems to still apply considering whats going on.

Offline Tigero

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 02, 2013, 02:21:43 pm »
Well that explains why Lars 1hits you with the my old friendgy horse turnstab

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #26 on: January 02, 2013, 02:26:42 pm »
It's always been like that, Vibe. Slower weapons have a broad damage spectrum since they're effected a lot by the speed bonus. Awful damage if you don't get to abuse it, great damage if you can. Try for yourself with them slower weapons.
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline cmp

• M:BG Developer
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 2052
  • Infamy: 569
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: cmp
« Reply #27 on: January 02, 2013, 02:27:49 pm »
+5
So much bullshit in this thread. :lol:

1) weapon speed has no effect whatsoever on speed bonus
2) 1h and 2h weapon use the same animation when mounted, there is no such thing as "2h physics"
3) 2h gets a damage malus when mounted, 1h doesn't

Offline Torben

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 02, 2013, 02:35:05 pm »
So much bullshit in this thread. :lol:

2) 1h and 2h weapon use the same animation when mounted, there is no such thing as "2h physics"
3) 2h gets a damage malus when mounted, 1h doesn't

woha my world just flipped out.  BUFF HEAVY LANCE!!! ^^

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 02, 2013, 02:44:05 pm »

Even indirectly ?

Anyway, a slower weapon tends to be an advantage on horse vs inf, creating a larger release window.

Also, shieldless blocks on horseback offer the same (if not worse) forcefield effect as a shield.