Poll

Does this thread need a poll?

Lemon is a nerd
No

Author Topic: [Global] Elderly Woman  (Read 38010 times)

Offline Hoppster

• Count
  • Renown: 210
  • Infamy: 67
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Billy_Bad_Ass
Re: [NA] Desire/ Nightingale
« Reply #150 on: December 06, 2013, 03:39:55 am »
Warnings were being issued again and again. Instead of following the orders of the army owner, people were spawning without items and had been asked to leave.

They rejoined the battle multiple times, wasting tickets that armed players could use.

i saw alot of 12h bans, with little or no warning, say what u like. i think it's cool that were allowed to have agreed upon rules in strategus battles, but it is defenatly not cool to dish out 12 hour bans to people who break those rules, how can u ban someone for 12 hours if they've not broken any server rules? that shit is unfair, unnecessary, and will basically kill off whats left of this community... but hey, aslong as u get a hard on banning people that fine eh?

EDIT- couldn't hope to say it better really
responsibility never sits well on those who seek it.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2013, 03:43:04 am by Hoppster »

Offline MURDERTRON

• King
  • Renown: 1337
  • Infamy: 428
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TRUMP / WEST 2020
« Reply #151 on: December 06, 2013, 05:28:45 am »
+4
You were supposed to have 15 STR before the battle.  Not during, not after.  BEFORE.  Stop wasting my tickets.
▀█▀▒█▀█▒█▒█▒█▒▒▒█▒█▀█▒▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█
▒█▒▒█▄█▒█▒█▒██▒██▒█▄█▒▒▄▄█▒█▒█▒▄▄█▒█▒█▒█
▒█▒▒█▀▄▒█▄█▒█▒█▒█▒█▒▒▒▒█▄▄▒█▄█▒█▄▄▒█▄█▒▄

Offline Sparvico

• Marshall
  • Renown: 976
  • Infamy: 174
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Steam ID: Sparvico
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mossbacks
  • Game nicks: Sparvico et al.
« Reply #152 on: December 06, 2013, 06:33:26 am »
+1
I was 70k from 15 STR. If he had let me stay THREE MINUTES I would have been helping grind XP, as it was when he started kicking me I had a positive KDR. All he did by banning me was reduce the overall XP earned for everyone. I dont really mind. But yeah, telling me to go NA1 and get 70k xp is fookin retarded when battle is only gonna be 35 minutes.

As for wasting tickets: kicking me then banning me wasted 2 tickets. I wasted none. Even when I wasnt wearing the plate body armor I had all other slots full when spawning.

Wasn't trying to leech anything, was just trying to fight and get the xp legitimatly. I wasn't trying to cheat anyone and 3 minutes (yes that how long a tick is I'm informed in strat, I dont know personally I have never timed it, too busy fighting) of no body armor wasnt going to affect the xp in any meaningful way.

But, well, von krems have an admin now, so I guess anyone these days is judged able.

On a side note, I think its really bad in this community that "admins" play while they have admin on. In no other game have I seen that. Well, not since I gave up the epeen hitscan shooter such as CS and COD.

But honestly, Im not even mad, it's not your fault you made bad calls, responsibility never sits well on those who seek it. Such is humanity.

My god, can't even get the gender of the admin right.

You were supposed to have 15 STR before the battle.  Not during, not after.  BEFORE.  Stop wasting my tickets.

All an admin actually needs to kick you from the battle is for the commander to ask them too. The ban was because you did not listen to in game warnings and stay gone from the server.*

(click to show/hide)

Mossback_Westwood: "I swear 2 my semitic God if you give me this bundle of sticks's address I'll cut off his ear and eat it"

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
« Reply #153 on: December 06, 2013, 06:36:07 am »
+5
On a side note, I think its really bad in this community that "admins" play while they have admin on. In no other game have I seen that. Well, not since I gave up the epeen hitscan shooter such as CS and COD.

Well since every cash check I was supposed to receive for performing the admin tasks for this mod has failed to arrive, I've just played the game as compensation instead. If you want to go ahead and resolve that issue, I'll be happy to sit in spectate. Also, since I can do it from home, I'll be happy to take a pay cut from my ordinary salary if you go ahead and pay it in one lump sum of 100k annually.  :lol:
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

Offline Nightingale

• Balancer
  • Renown: 925
  • Infamy: 205
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Elderly Woman
  • IRC nick: Nightingale
« Reply #154 on: December 06, 2013, 06:46:26 am »
Anyone that was banned for 12 hours was leeching by either not spawning in or off in a corner of the map naked. (Which is against server rules)

Kirby was -1 and 1 and not spawning for 30 mins banned for 12 hours
Chosen1 of Frisia Hiding on the furthest edge of the map naked - 12 hours
Jackpot - same as Kirby but he was 2 and 5 - 12 hours
Roh 1 hour because he kept rejoining even though he didn't have 15 strength and was asked to leave multiple times
Foxxy  1 hour because he kept rejoining even though he didn't have 15 strength and was asked to leave multiple times

It was your responsibility to read murdertrons thread, and as you said "Im not even mad, it's not your fault you made bad calls, responsibility never sits well on those who seek it. Such is humanity."

I am sorry you chose not to read murdertron's thread, maybe you will next time.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2013, 06:52:53 am by Nightingale »

Offline Switchtense

• King
  • Renown: 1137
  • Infamy: 137
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • poking you where the sun dont shine!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Unicorns, BIRD CLAN BEST CLAN!
  • Game nicks: All sorts of Switch's
  • IRC nick: Switchtense
« Reply #155 on: December 06, 2013, 01:08:48 pm »
+2
In order to gain entry to this truly amazing battle, you meet a few requirements:
1.  Have 15 strength and show your stats in the application.  In order to wear all the armor and use all the weapons, you must have 15 strength.  If you don't wear the armor or use the weapons, you will be literally taking experience out of the mouths of all of our children's' mouths.
2.  You must be willing to follow the rules. The rules I have made are in place in order to make sure the battle finishes in a decent amount of time, everyone has fun and we all get good experience.
3.  You must apply to both sides.  This is important, because we want to have a good time and play with different groups of people which we don't normally get to during "normal" Strategus.
4.  In your application, please put "I have read the rules and I want to take part in this battle.  I am agreeing to get kicked if I fail to follow the rules at anytime and risk being banned from future events."  There will be admins present and ready to enforce the rules.

i dont get why people are whining about being banned to be honest
if you cant read, then stop playing a video game and go to school
For all the non-believers, look no further than this thread for proof that while strat battles are won/lost in NA3/EU3, strat wars are won and lost on the forums.

Offline WITCHCRAFT

• Highborn
  • King
  • Renown: 2174
  • Infamy: 227
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen
  • get hexed
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: WITCHCRAFT, A_Hot_Elf_Princess, Yurnero_of_the_High_Plains, and secret alts
« Reply #156 on: December 06, 2013, 08:48:40 pm »
+2
But honestly, Im not even mad, it's not your fault you made bad calls, responsibility never sits well on those who seek it. Such is humanity.

It's been explained more clearly since you posted, but the admins banned people for the duration of the battle when they disobeyed the army owners orders to not spawn if you could not wear all the gear.  The 12 hour bans were for leeching. Part of the reason so many bans were handed out is that regular players were also being more vigilant and reporting leeching to the admins after so much pink text had to be thrown around.

On a side note, I think its really bad in this community that "admins" play while they have admin on. In no other game have I seen that.

The only admins that don't play the game they manage are usually paid tech support/computer janitor guys that restore lost/hacked accounts by the 100s per week in addition to regular CS stuff. Every game I can think of has admins that play while they admin, always unpaid. "Donate 2 get admin" is a poor model (and I'm glad CRPG does not use it), but having players be a referee isn't inherently flawed.

irl something shorted on the shuttle and laika overheated and died within a few hours of liftoff and for a brief while one could look up to the stars and see a light shooting across the sky that was actually a warm dog corpse slingshoting about the earth at thousands of miles per hour which was arguably humanity's greatest achievement so far

Offline BlindGuy

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 583
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • De oppresso liber et plus ultra.
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: December 06, 2013, 10:41:18 pm »

I am sorry you chose not to read murdertron's thread, maybe you will next time.

I did, I also ticked the box to give my stats, clearly showing that I didnt have 15. I didnt hire me, he did. If he cant read his own thread, it's not my fault.

Well since every cash check I was supposed to receive for performing the admin tasks for this mod has failed to arrive, I've just played the game as compensation instead. If you want to go ahead and resolve that issue, I'll be happy to sit in spectate. Also, since I can do it from home, I'll be happy to take a pay cut from my ordinary salary if you go ahead and pay it in one lump sum of 100k annually.  :lol:

1/ You dont make over 100k annually. At least not in any currency not based in an african nation in a state of collapse. If you really do and STILL have time to play crpg, you are robbing your employer. But that's beside the point.

2/ You volunteered. VOLUNTEER. If you aren't willing to do it properly, don't volunteer.

The only admins that don't play the game they manage are usually paid...

No, most game admins are volunteers. They sit and help players for hours at a time, because it gives them an "in" to the company/industry. I've done it, so have many others, that is what being an administrator is.

What we have is players who rule by what they want. And I accept that, but to think that you can ever have a dispasionate view of a situation you are involved in is ridiculous.

My god, can't even get the gender of the admin right.

Using purple forum text doesn't change the fact the on the net men are children, women are men, and children are goverment authourity. It has been that way since before your parents bought you a pc mate, and it's not gonna change.

I died once... I didnt waste your tickets mate, talk to your pet admin :D Next time check the stats I showed. If you really want tickets, I have a couple of thousand I can march to NA border and give you, if that's currently what is bottlenecking you.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2013, 10:56:35 pm by BlindGuy »
I don't know enough

Offline Matey

• King
  • Renown: 1327
  • Infamy: 372
  • cRPG Player
  • A Pirate
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Matey_BRD
« Reply #158 on: December 07, 2013, 12:43:58 am »

I died once... I didnt waste your tickets mate, talk to your pet admin :D Next time check the stats I showed. If you really want tickets, I have a couple of thousand I can march to NA border and give you, if that's currently what is bottlenecking you.

pretty sure if you go donate thousands of troops to the xp cause then he will let you leach... but thats his call.

Offline Jack1

• King
  • Renown: 1029
  • Infamy: 231
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jack1_, Abbud_Amari, The_Doc, Gottlob_Kohlman
  • IRC nick: Risen_Jack
« Reply #159 on: December 07, 2013, 01:08:20 am »
I guess every admin an dev need to resign. This guy puts down the "no fun hammer" 20x harder than anybody, even harder than canary.
We're all nerds here, so it doesn't really matter.

Offline WITCHCRAFT

• Highborn
  • King
  • Renown: 2174
  • Infamy: 227
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen
  • get hexed
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: WITCHCRAFT, A_Hot_Elf_Princess, Yurnero_of_the_High_Plains, and secret alts
« Reply #160 on: December 07, 2013, 01:10:29 am »
I think that if this was a "regular" strat battle, less people would be arguing the rulings. I also think less people would have leeched/been banned for leeching (genuine leeching, not "I can't wear the armor you have"). But there's always at least one leecher in every major strat battle. They get a few kills and deaths then sit dead leeching xp for 40+ mins. Gotta keep an eye out for 'em.

No, most game admins are volunteers. They sit and help players for hours at a time, because it gives them an "in" to the company/industry. I've done it, so have many others, that is what being an administrator is.

(click to show/hide)

irl something shorted on the shuttle and laika overheated and died within a few hours of liftoff and for a brief while one could look up to the stars and see a light shooting across the sky that was actually a warm dog corpse slingshoting about the earth at thousands of miles per hour which was arguably humanity's greatest achievement so far

Offline Sparvico

• Marshall
  • Renown: 976
  • Infamy: 174
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Steam ID: Sparvico
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mossbacks
  • Game nicks: Sparvico et al.
« Reply #161 on: December 07, 2013, 02:17:53 am »
+3
I guess every admin an dev need to resign. This guy puts down the "no fun hammer" 20x harder than anybody, even harder than canary.

NO FUN
(click to show/hide)
Mossback_Westwood: "I swear 2 my semitic God if you give me this bundle of sticks's address I'll cut off his ear and eat it"

Offline Jeade

• Duke
  • Renown: 569
  • Infamy: 38
  • cRPG Player
  • Well Caleb's a liar.
    • View Profile
    • Soundcloud
  • Game nicks: MAGA_Jeade, Gregory_McFin, Frat_Lion
  • IRC nick: Jeade
« Reply #162 on: December 07, 2013, 06:36:48 am »
+4
I did, I also ticked the box to give my stats, clearly showing that I didnt have 15. I didnt hire me, he did. If he cant read his own thread, it's not my fault.

See, this is a prime example of dickery.

Be the better man. You read the thread, you knew his rules, but you tried to skirt around them.
Regardless, leeching is a server rule, not just one of Murder's XP battle rules.
So, you got banned for 12 hours on the NA servers as an EU player (if I read that correctly).

But honestly, Im not even mad...

Yeah! I'm glad! We're all friends here!

(click to show/hide)

...it's not your fault you made bad calls, responsibility never sits well on those who seek it.

But then he went there.

(click to show/hide)

Offline MountedRhader

• Count
  • Renown: 222
  • Infamy: 89
  • cRPG Player
  • Farewell, I am free
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: December 07, 2013, 12:34:26 pm »
+3
The Teutonic Paladin approves of this admin.   visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline BlindGuy

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 583
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • De oppresso liber et plus ultra.
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: December 07, 2013, 05:19:44 pm »

So, you got banned for 12 hours on the NA servers as an EU player (if I read that correctly).

No, think you need to work on your reading tbh.

Wasn't complaining about a 5 min ban. Was pointing out that I wasn't leeching anything, or wasting anything. But hey, jump right in when you dont know what's going on and start swinging, that's a good example of what a great admin you must be :D Stay awesome.
I don't know enough