Poll

Does this thread need a poll?

Lemon is a nerd
No

Author Topic: [Global] Elderly Woman  (Read 37824 times)

Offline Gmnotutoo

• King
  • Renown: 1387
  • Infamy: 229
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Space Pope of BIRD CLAN
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Unicorns
  • Game nicks: Gmnotutoo
Re: [NA] Desire
« Reply #60 on: February 16, 2013, 08:40:24 pm »
+2
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

THIS IS A MANLY CLAN. FOR MANLY MEN. DOING MANLY THINGS.

Offline StonedSteel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 717
  • Infamy: 400
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 22, 2013, 05:39:49 am »
, I wholeheartedly believe most admins need to get second and third opinions and also need to take in the general consensus of the players online before anything is done.

that principle should be applied to all scenarios from ALL admins.

^
I REMEMBER PLAYING IN RAIN
THROUGH THE NIGHTFALL WITH FOG
THAT CLOGGED UP OUR EYES
BUT IM MORE HORRIFIED OF A MOD
I NO LONGER RECOGNIZE

Offline Bronto

• Head NA admin
  • King
  • Renown: 1339
  • Infamy: 268
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 22, 2013, 06:18:01 am »
+3
^

yes general consensus from the people on....no offense but that's a terrible idea especially in this community. also, it is my understanding they can go to or do go to admin chat if they need a second opinion.

Offline Xeen

• Baron
  • Renown: 84
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
Re: [NA] Desire/ Nightingale
« Reply #63 on: March 03, 2013, 11:19:22 am »
+7
Somehow I knew I'd look here and find your thread littered by Vieuxcrotter's crying.  That is conclusive proof that you've been a good admin in siege.

Offline Maple_Syrup

• Count
  • Renown: 150
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Murder Boners
  • Game nicks: Captain_Canada Maple_Syrup_MB
« Reply #64 on: March 26, 2013, 05:14:22 am »
+3
Desires administration is second only to that Cyrus HRE guy

Also

Offline Nightingale

• Balancer
  • Renown: 925
  • Infamy: 205
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Elderly Woman
  • IRC nick: Nightingale
« Reply #65 on: March 27, 2013, 02:30:11 am »
+3
Desires administration is second only to that Cyrus HRE guy

Just saying you are lucky you had him! I would have just banned everyone for leeching!

Offline Muki

• Earl
  • Renown: 455
  • Infamy: 78
  • cRPG Player
  • 偽善正義
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Exile
  • Game nicks: Muki
  • IRC nick: Muki, Muki39
« Reply #66 on: March 27, 2013, 07:16:47 am »
Haven't posted here in awhile keep up the good work, I see and hear your on NA_7 alot now these days

As a volunteer admin I clearly have no life and live only to eradicate all fun and enjoyment from the game. Your tears of rage are all the payment I need.
Yes I drew most of my avatars

Offline cap

• Noble
  • Renown: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 27, 2013, 03:18:22 pm »
Must have been on his period last night because he gave someone a 6 hour ban for submitting a poll.  No warning, no cease and desist, ban.  Great admin work...

Offline Krynist

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • Infamy: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 27, 2013, 03:32:33 pm »
Yea, Desire is usually a great Admin.

That being said, scenario last night was, everyone is swinging at each other before round starts.  Pretty typical.  I'm 3rd in server on DTV (so not just screwing around) and clip someone.  He reports me before round starts.  I ask him why he did this.  He ignores.  So I submitted a poll to VK, as he was abusing the report system, reporting before a round even starts.  Desire banned me on the spot, for abuse of the poll system, as Cap states.

I'm not an admin, obviously, and can't truly speak for what they do because as stated, I'm not one.  I'm not disputing this ban, in the least, in part because from what I see, admins have little to no accountability for their actions.  But again, I'm not an admin, and have no idea how difficult it must be to deal with the immaturity and BS they have to deal with on a daily basis.  What happened happened, and that's fine with me.

What I'm curious about, Desire, is the answer to the question that was put to you before you banned me, that you answered just by banning me.  How is reporting someone for teamwounding you before a round starts and you can't physically take teamwound damage anyways, not abusing the report system?  Thanks in advance for not responding with gibberish and "everyone hates me" stuff, and actually giving an answer that shows you admins do care about the community and the job you do.  I'm sure I'm not the only one out there who has this particular question.  Please note, for the record, I am not calling for a "revenge teamkill" or a "you reported me I kill you" situation.  Just curious for a clarification.

Offline Nightingale

• Balancer
  • Renown: 925
  • Infamy: 205
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Elderly Woman
  • IRC nick: Nightingale
« Reply #69 on: March 28, 2013, 01:08:26 am »
Yea, Desire is usually a great Admin.

Thanks for the general compliment.

That being said, scenario last night was, everyone is swinging at each other before round starts.  Pretty typical.  I'm 3rd in server on DTV (so not just screwing around) and clip someone. He reports me before round starts.  I ask him why he did this.  He ignores.  So I submitted a poll to VK, as he was abusing the report system, reporting before a round even starts.  Desire banned me on the spot, for abuse of the poll system, as Cap states.

Yes it is very typical for people to do this, I got no problem with people doing this as long as you aren't griefing someone that doesn't want to be hit. Him reporting you is not against the rules. If you do not want people to report you, then don't swing wildly in spawn, some people get annoyed by that. It is his place to decide if he wants to report you or not, he can come up with ANY reason he likes to.

Basically what happened last night was this : *Swings wildly in spawn, clips random guy* He hits M (Pause: your world must of ended because you made it a big enough deal to the point where because he hit M on you, was good enough reason to remove him from the server.")- I don't mean to sound sarcastic or hateful. Just pointing out the lack of logic behind your action; You have been banned for poll abuse before. The polls are not there for people to remove people they simply disagree with, or dislike, or if that person hits m and you decide your only course of action is to remove him from the server.

I'm not an admin, obviously, and can't truly speak for what they do because as stated, I'm not one.  I'm not disputing this ban, in the least, in part because from what I see, admins have little to no accountability for their actions.  But again, I'm not an admin, and have no idea how difficult it must be to deal with the immaturity and BS they have to deal with on a daily basis.  What happened happened, and that's fine with me.

Okay?

What I'm curious about, Desire, is the answer to the question that was put to you before you banned me, that you answered just by banning me.  How is reporting someone for teamwounding you before a round starts and you can't physically take teamwound damage anyways, not abusing the report system?  Thanks in advance for not responding with gibberish and "everyone hates me" stuff, and actually giving an answer that shows you admins do care about the community and the job you do.  I'm sure I'm not the only one out there who has this particular question.  Please note, for the record, I am not calling for a "revenge teamkill" or a "you reported me I kill you" situation.  Just curious for a clarification.

Its not abuse to my knowledge. You are the one that struck him, regardless if it took all of his HP or barely any to nothing its his choice to report you or not.

(click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: March 28, 2013, 01:24:38 am by Nightingale »

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 28, 2013, 02:04:59 am »
+1
M abuse is intentionally jumping in front of teammates to get hit so you can press M and get them kicked, something like that.  Hitting M to report a teamwound (accidental or intentionally done) is not abuse.  You committed Poll Abuse by initiating a kick for a made up rule about M reports.  Poll Abuse is much more frowned on in small servers like DTV because a couple friends can keep people perma kicked/banned off them and grief it for everyone. 

You Deserved It, Bro
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

Offline Krynist

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • Infamy: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 28, 2013, 02:30:23 am »
Desire, I appreciate you taking the time to respond.  Thanks for clearing that up, and answering my question.

Smoothrich, I can see you read nothing.  Was not disputing any ban, was asking for a clarification on the ruling.  Thanks for your input, and your opinion.

Offline cap

• Noble
  • Renown: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 28, 2013, 04:11:52 pm »
Krynist is gay.

Offline oprah_winfrey

• Marshall
  • Renown: 808
  • Infamy: 196
  • cRPG Player
  • Now look under your seat...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: JABONRA
  • Game nicks: Egan
« Reply #73 on: March 28, 2013, 05:17:08 pm »
Desire, I appreciate you taking the time to respond.  Thanks for clearing that up, and answering my question.

Smoothrich, I can see you read nothing.  Was not disputing any ban, was asking for a clarification on the ruling.  Thanks for your input, and your opinion.

Pretty sure Smooth told you what M abuse is.

Offline Little Lord Lollipop

• Duke
  • Renown: 582
  • Infamy: 49
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Always Take The Shot
  • Game nicks: Frumpty_Dumpty_ATTS
« Reply #74 on: March 28, 2013, 08:03:56 pm »
+1
The secret to dealing with those pre-round m key heroes is waiting until they are backpedaling away from bots and then "accidentally" staggering them once (knockdown is even better). They will most likely die and the typical reaction provides for some entertaining reading material. Also be sure to apologize, as admins like to check chat logs. Your welcome.

Dear Little Lord Lollipop
You have received a warning for being a total twat.
Best Regards,
The cRPG Forum Team