Author Topic: seems pretty fucked up a clan can have a cute puppy banner  (Read 7660 times)

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1719
  • Infamy: 1816
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
Re: seems pretty fucked up a clan can have a cute puppy banner
« Reply #75 on: December 28, 2012, 12:26:46 am »
+8
This thread...
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Best thread ever. It haz:

+

+

+

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Offline Joseph Porta

• King
  • Renown: 1029
  • Infamy: 234
  • cRPG Player
  • (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻. take all my upvotes! Part-time retard
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild Enthousiast,
  • Game nicks: Wy can't I upvote my own posts, Im a fucken genius, yo.
  • IRC nick: Joseph_Porta
« Reply #76 on: December 28, 2012, 12:34:54 am »
cute puppy

oh yeahhh
I loot corpses of their golden teeth.
But he'll be around somewhere between Heaven and The Devil, because neither of them will take him in, and he'll be farting loudly and singing a filthy song.

i'll be there at around
chadztime™

Offline Thedric

• Knight
  • Renown: 38
  • Infamy: 47
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 28, 2012, 12:45:05 am »
Why should what some random person interprets some random signs meaning being matter more than what I interpret it meaning? Sure einstein is what is commonly defined as a bad man, and sure he loved cute puppies, but does one man who loves chocolate chip cookies choosing to make cute puppies his overall symbol of chocolate chip cookies enforce you to bow underneath his will and accept his decisions as the right decisions? A thing like a cute puppy had a million meanings before and after WW2, people shouldn't start crying whenever they see a cute puppy same way they shouldn't start crying whenever they see a hammer and a sickle in a tool shed.

If some people cry because they see a cute puppy then perhaps they have a reason for it, a reason beyond your comprehension. Like I said, just because you dont give a fuck doesnt mean everybody else does or should.

For those out there with bad eyesight who think that banner looks nothing like the real deal (Osiris), I dare you to make a comprehensive description of that banner without using the s-word.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 28, 2012, 12:59:56 am »
+2
friend friend friend

Now seriously what the fuck.

Censor this !

Btw censoring "gay" or "my old friend" would result in generalized chaos and hilarity, given the recurrence of these terms in cRPG jargon.

edit : created a new post for clarity
« Last Edit: December 28, 2012, 01:06:55 am by Kafein »

Offline Osiris

• King
  • Renown: 1449
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merc
  • Game nicks: Osiris. Aethelstan
  • IRC nick: _Osiris_
« Reply #79 on: December 28, 2012, 01:02:59 am »
the swasitka used in germany in ww2 is nothing like the indian and many others. its not poor eyesight at all. one is at an angle and faces one way one doesnt and is made of different parts.
i make terrible warband videos! https://youtu.be/jUdVGIOuULk

Offline Tindel

• Earl
  • Renown: 333
  • Infamy: 238
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Tindel
« Reply #80 on: December 28, 2012, 01:03:09 am »
+3
I didnt make the connection until someone started flaming about it. I dont think that green friendly banner has anything to do with genocide, but thats just me.

Offline Joseph Porta

• King
  • Renown: 1029
  • Infamy: 234
  • cRPG Player
  • (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻. take all my upvotes! Part-time retard
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild Enthousiast,
  • Game nicks: Wy can't I upvote my own posts, Im a fucken genius, yo.
  • IRC nick: Joseph_Porta
« Reply #81 on: December 28, 2012, 01:03:39 am »
friend friend friend

Now seriously what the fuck.

Censor this !

Btw censoring "gay" or "my old friend" would result in generalized chaos and hilarity, given the recurrence of these terms in cRPG jargon.
chocolate chip cookie! cute puppy!

I loot corpses of their golden teeth.
But he'll be around somewhere between Heaven and The Devil, because neither of them will take him in, and he'll be farting loudly and singing a filthy song.

i'll be there at around
chadztime™

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #82 on: December 28, 2012, 01:06:45 am »
If some people cry because they see a cute puppy then perhaps they have a reason for it, a reason beyond your comprehension.
WW2 is quite a while ago, I think it's a tragic event but I believe that it's time for people to move on.
Like I said, just because you dont give a fuck doesnt mean everybody else does or should.
I agree, my opinion on what it means shouldn't matter to you and your opinion on what it means shouldn't matter to anyone on the forums, so stop the bullshit.
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: December 28, 2012, 01:07:00 am »
+1
If some people cry because they see a cute puppy then perhaps they have a reason for it, a reason beyond your comprehension.

Okay so, a particular symbol is bad because some people will feel offended by the symbol alone. But there are a lot of symbols out there. And any of those symbols is bound to make some people feel offended, even if they seem harmless to you.

So we have many symbols that are "offensive" but somehow only a subset of those are bad to show in public ? What is the criteria exactly ?

Offline Thedric

• Knight
  • Renown: 38
  • Infamy: 47
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: December 28, 2012, 01:25:18 pm »
Okay so, a particular symbol is bad because some people will feel offended by the symbol alone. But there are a lot of symbols out there. And any of those symbols is bound to make some people feel offended, even if they seem harmless to you.

So we have many symbols that are "offensive" but somehow only a subset of those are bad to show in public ? What is the criteria exactly ?

Personally when I see a symbol I automatically associate it with a person/place/action. When I see a cross I think of christianity and crusades, when I see the byz banner I think of Byzantium, when I see a mirrored cute puppy... well... i dont think 'what a nice indian/pagan symbol that is'. Some symbols are just more offensive than others and this particular one is universally associated with nzis (who, even today, are pretty offensive).

I would like to know why some of you are so passionate about defending that banner. Is it the freedom of expression, the symbols meaning to you personally or because you are friends with the people using it?

Offline Ninja_Khorin

• King
  • Renown: 1067
  • Infamy: 90
  • Zen
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Clan Ninja
  • Game nicks: Khorin/Keyoke/Lujan
  • IRC nick: Khorin
« Reply #85 on: December 28, 2012, 01:36:18 pm »
+2
It is about resisting censorship, where it is needless.
Freedom of speech and expression.
To educate people on the useage of these symbols.
And for me, most of all, to stop NSDAP destroying more than they already did, be it symbols, culture or anything else.

To answer your previous question. No I wouldn't wear one to a party. Mainly because I don't really care to discuss it with everyone at the party, nor am I patriotic or find the symbol goodlooking. However, if someone else would walk in to the party with the symbol in an obviously non-NSDAP context, then I wouldn't really care. Both of my grandfathers fought the soviets in the war, and one of them fought the na zis aswell, when they were driven out. I have no sympathy for either ideals.

Offline Azlanek

• Noble
  • Renown: 16
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
  • The post is over to the left
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ninja_
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Khagataz, Azlanek
« Reply #86 on: December 28, 2012, 01:42:53 pm »
Personally when I see a symbol I automatically associate it with a person/place/action. When I see a cross I think of christianity and crusades, when I see the byz banner I think of Byzantium, when I see a mirrored cute puppy... well... i dont think 'what a nice indian/pagan symbol that is'. Some symbols are just more offensive than others and this particular one is universally associated with nzis (who, even today, are pretty offensive).

I would like to know why some of you are so passionate about defending that banner. Is it the freedom of expression, the symbols meaning to you personally or because you are friends with the people using it?

It's reality to associate pictures with things, and it's absolutely normal. Everyone associates pictures with concepts, and the swasitka will ALWAYS be associated with na-zis in the eyes of an american or an european person. I'd actually like to ask, since we're all from America or Europe, what is wrong with you if a cute puppy does not bother you? That's not cool and that's not very moral. Alright, I don't want to sound like a christian etiquettewhore.

But in my opinion, support of NSDAP-ism is not acceptable nor any symbolism associated with it in purpose. It's all about what's good in the eyes of the society and what's not. Christian cross is seen as good despite all the things that sign has caused, well, tough luck. NSDAP swasitka is recognized as a bad sign because of all those concentration camps, jew slaughter etc. Christian crusades were not nearly as gruesome, and they happened a long time ago so people have forgotten them. Not all maybe, a lot of people still hold grudge, but in the West christianity is largely viewed as neutral or good.

And Khorin, the symbol will always be associated with those people. It doesn't matter what SHOULD be - the reality is that most of Europe is afraid and hateful of that sign, so we should not use it. You can be as tolerant as you want, but please do take other people into consideration too. Manners, again. Simply communication and interaction with other people. It requires you to be mindful of some of the norms of our society... and that includes this.
The post is up there

Offline Osiris

• King
  • Renown: 1449
  • Infamy: 324
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merc
  • Game nicks: Osiris. Aethelstan
  • IRC nick: _Osiris_
« Reply #87 on: December 28, 2012, 01:48:12 pm »
+1
what you fail to realise is that the cute puppy used in india and around the world looks totally different to the one your so butthurt over.

Indian swastik
(click to show/hide)

The bad one :P

(click to show/hide)

another swastik

(click to show/hide)

the green one doesn't look anything like even these cute puppies. If you visit india are you going to rage about how they all love to kill jews?
If a guy walks in with a red shirt and a black cute puppy sure thats assholish. if a guy walks in with that green random banner then most people wont even connect it.

most evil one of all
(click to show/hide)
i make terrible warband videos! https://youtu.be/jUdVGIOuULk

Offline cmp

• M:BG Developer
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 2052
  • Infamy: 569
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: cmp
« Reply #88 on: December 28, 2012, 01:53:28 pm »
+7
I'm especially offended by the celtic cross. Once I went to Ireland and I saw a cemetery full of them. Fucking fascists, no respect for the dead.

Offline Azlanek

• Noble
  • Renown: 16
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
  • The post is over to the left
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ninja_
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Khagataz, Azlanek
« Reply #89 on: December 28, 2012, 01:54:58 pm »
+1
what you fail to realise is that the cute puppy used in india and around the world looks totally different to the one your so butthurt over.

Indian swastik
(click to show/hide)

The bad one :P

(click to show/hide)

another swastik

(click to show/hide)

the green one doesn't look anything like even these cute puppies. If you visit india are you going to rage about how they all love to kill jews?
If a guy walks in with a red shirt and a black cute puppy sure thats assholish. if a guy walks in with that green random banner then most people wont even connect it.

most evil one of all
(click to show/hide)

It's funny to see how you state I, or the rest of us, talk about swas-tikas all over the world, like in India. No, of course I would tolerate swas-tikas in India, knowing that the context is different there. But in the Western countries, or on a western website, a swas-tika is automatically associated to na-zis. Sorry, but that's just how it is. I'm not being butthurt about this, but I'm stating you what everyone should know about their society. What's allowed and what isn't.

Truth be told, it isn't fair towards the earlier swas-tika banners and images that the na-zis now suddenly have tainted it. But you can usually tell the difference from a na-zi swas-tika and a different swas-tika, unless it was made in purpose to be provocative.
The post is up there