Author Topic: [Suggestions] First things... last?  (Read 1863 times)

Offline serr

• OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 293
  • Infamy: 19
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Wataga
Re: [Suggestions] First things... last?
« Reply #15 on: December 24, 2012, 10:51:49 pm »
+2
Zaharist, I like general idea, but it's nearly impossible to make this system unexploitable. You have to deal with a lot of different situation and possibilities, the most obvious of which is leaving/joining factions.
Also, one of your ideas sounds really awful:

they can't help with roster (before battle sides should choose factions they would like to hire for their side. the only condition is that overall number of players in chosen factions should not be greater then xxx.)

This game is mostly about battles and forbidding people to fight in some battles according to diplomacy system would most likely ruin it.

Nocti, I agree with you, but some people will not fight their friends if they have choice, and surely they will not make alliances with those they dislike. Basically, IMO,  personal dislikes, insults and all other forum shit is one of the most important reasons why people keep their alliances from previous strats. And the only way to change this( I don't consider removing diplomacy forum section as option:) ) is to make predefined alliances at the beginning of each round by random drawing.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2012, 11:03:29 pm by serr »

Offline Zaharist

• Count
  • Renown: 182
  • Infamy: 76
  • cRPG Player
  • Carpe Diem
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Druzhina
« Reply #16 on: December 24, 2012, 11:03:51 pm »
+1
We are still beta testing, I see nothing bad in exploits, it's beta. Leaving\joining factions can be restricted to 1 time per week for example.

I agree it sounds stupid, it was just rough example.
Igni et ferro

Offline serr

• OKAM Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 24, 2012, 11:08:48 pm »
+1
Unfortunately, strat requires too much efforts for effective faction management, which is why many faction leaders do not take this game as beta test and are mad when their enemies use exploits.

As for leaving/joining factions - the best solution would be: When player leave faction he loses all troops, gold, and gear. And, to prevent unfortunate misclicking, you can't leave faction while you have any gear, more than 1k gold or more than 100 troops.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2012, 11:12:39 pm by serr »

Offline Vovka

• King
  • Renown: 1174
  • Infamy: 240
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Druzhina
  • Game nicks: Druzhina_Vovka
  • IRC nick: Vovka
« Reply #18 on: December 25, 2012, 07:29:24 am »
+1
Unfortunately, strat requires too much efforts for effective faction management, which is why many faction leaders do not take this game as beta test and are mad when their enemies use exploits.

As for leaving/joining factions - the best solution would be: When player leave faction he loses all troops, gold, and gear. And, to prevent unfortunate misclicking, you can't leave faction while you have any gear, more than 1k gold or more than 100 troops.
Player 1 transfer all to player 2
Player 1 leave faction
Player 2 transfer all to player 1
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Kirbyy

• Count
  • Renown: 286
  • Infamy: 271
  • cRPG Player
  • Hi guys
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Malta 4 lyfe.
  • Game nicks: Kirby, ynyng
« Reply #19 on: December 25, 2012, 08:52:21 am »
+1
Ahhh yes, I must put an input if I am to spam threads... Exploiting things should seek punishable by the BAN HAMMER.

A ho ho ho to all of you! It is now officially christmas in central time zone, so I resolve to say that my promise is now intact, all of you that have posted before me have gotten atleast a +1, so I'm on to other threads to spread random +1's!  A good day everyone!

Offline serr

• OKAM Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 25, 2012, 11:09:02 am »
Player 1 transfer all to player 2
Player 1 leave faction
Player 2 transfer all to player 1
But that is the point of Zaharist's system. After player 1 left faction - player 2 can't transfer him anything.

Offline kinngrimm

• King
  • Renown: 1026
  • Infamy: 320
    • View Profile
    • The Betrayer of Nations
  • Faction: Wolves of Fenris
  • Game nicks: kinngrimm, Karma
  • IRC nick: kinngrimm
« Reply #21 on: December 26, 2012, 08:29:52 am »
Strategus Enhancment Project is working on Faction Management, we are still looking for skilled community members  helping with the development.
One of my former suggestions scratched similar topics as this this one did.
http://forum.meleegaming.com/suggestions-corner/account-sharing-overproduction-players-without-factions/

EDIT:
@Zlish
as you can see the Cold Front Alliance hasn't created one big blob of a faction, as long the UIF remains we are an agressive "Full Alliance" with the same enemies and a bit more micro management then those huge factions and already often half the fief count. I already stated to several of the eastern block members and all of the CFA members, that after UIf has been dealt with, we reform in a different kind of diplomatic relation, no full blown alliance but having defense pacts, so those factions within can venture of on their own and attack without help of others, evenly matched enemies. This will go so far that we will attack each other outside of our own core area. We still will be carebear within the core area, but hey we are all just small to medium sized factions so this is still ok to protect ourselves against factions who have like 40+ members and perhaps will drag friends into possible wars on their side.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2012, 08:45:20 am by kinngrimm »
learn from the past, live the moment, dream of the future