Author Topic: Equipment constantly need repairing  (Read 544 times)

Offline freakahedron

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Equipment constantly need repairing
« on: December 22, 2012, 05:07:43 am »
After each round, my equipment needs repairing. Sometimes more than one item/round and sometimes the same items again and again. Any Help???

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
Re: Equipment constantly need repairing
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2012, 08:23:43 am »
+1
Increase your wpf in those weapons.
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline freakahedron

• Beggar
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2012, 02:40:19 pm »
I don't believe that is the problem. It's not just my weapons; it's every piece of equipment I have: helmet, gauntlets, body armor, greaves, sword, shields, bows and arrows and my horse! Everytime I die! This didn't happen the previous 25 levels I played as this character. I can't keep up with fixing them even when the modifier is x5! I played for an hour last night and spent 10k just fixing equipment; same itmes round after round.

Anybody else have this problem; is it a glitch? Am I being punished for leeching? Or is there a integral part of the game I'm missing out on; not doing properly?

Thanks

Offline Belatu

• Count
  • Renown: 242
  • Infamy: 111
  • what
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Belatucadros
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2012, 02:48:31 pm »
+1
Take out the bows and arrows and problem solved

(click to show/hide)
My fridge is my shield

Offline NuberT

• Earl
  • Renown: 436
  • Infamy: 45
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: NuberT_HRE
  • IRC nick: NuberT_HRE
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2012, 02:53:49 pm »
+1
I don't believe that is the problem. It's not just my weapons; it's every piece of equipment I have: helmet, gauntlets, body armor, greaves, sword, shields, bows and arrows and my horse! Everytime I die! This didn't happen the previous 25 levels I played as this character. I can't keep up with fixing them even when the modifier is x5! I played for an hour last night and spent 10k just fixing equipment; same itmes round after round.

Anybody else have this problem; is it a glitch? Am I being punished for leeching? Or is there a integral part of the game I'm missing out on; not doing properly?

Thanks
Eh boi, this is supposed to happen. With lvl 25 you pay upkeep for your gear. Its a random chance for every item to break every minute.

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2012, 04:54:48 pm »
+1

Thanks

You were spared upkeep as a low level Gen 1 player. Welcome to the big leagues. You won't be able to maintain the top tier equipment any longer. Figure out 2 sets of gear. One, low tier money making set, the other your "I'm flush with gold and want to stomp asses" set. When your gold runs low, switch back to your low tier money making set again.
Certain classes suffer much more than others. Archer, including Horse Archer won't be able to run even mid-tier gear without losing money. A simple 2 hander build without xbow or other items, you can run pretty near top tier all the time. You can look on the website on your character under inventory and select your standard gear and it will tell you what upkeep to expect.
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

Offline Shadowren

• Count
  • Renown: 255
  • Infamy: 63
  • cRPG Player
  • It isnt sufficient that I succeed-others must fail
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Shadowren_ATS
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2012, 03:57:09 am »
You were spared upkeep as a low level Gen 1 player. Welcome to the big leagues. You won't be able to maintain the top tier equipment any longer. Figure out 2 sets of gear. One, low tier money making set, the other your "I'm flush with gold and want to stomp asses" set. When your gold runs low, switch back to your low tier money making set again.
Certain classes suffer much more than others. Archer, including Horse Archer won't be able to run even mid-tier gear without losing money. A simple 2 hander build without xbow or other items, you can run pretty near top tier all the time. You can look on the website on your character under inventory and select your standard gear and it will tell you what upkeep to expect.

Or you can be like me and spend 250k on a cav gen  :mrgreen:

My Cav = Plate everything

Away with you, vile beggar.

Offline freakahedron

• Beggar
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2012, 03:13:40 pm »