Author Topic: Velucan Empire  (Read 1654 times)

Offline Sir_Winston_Churchill

• Knight
  • Renown: 71
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Frisian Freedom
  • Game nicks: MC_of_Frisia
Velucan Empire
« on: December 22, 2012, 02:04:58 am »
+2
To begin with, I have nothing against the Velucan Empire, I have fought with many of the people in it and all the client clans seem very nice (and I have a lot of respect for HoC being a mainly shielder clan when that is a fairly underpowered build and putting up with tons of crap).

However, it just does not make sense to me that three clans are 1 faction on Strat. I mean HoC, TKoV, and MB could split up and each one would still be a large sized clan. A good example of the problem can be seen in how fast VE steamrollered Remnant.

I'd just like an explanation why they are combined if they could function just fine alone and if they ever plan on separating if not in this Strat round in the next one.

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • Renown: 1492
  • Infamy: 859
  • cRPG Player
  • Jesus is the savior of Earth
    • View Profile
Re: Velucan Empire
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2012, 02:10:57 am »
Isn't it comparable to FCC? Narwhals, BRD, Unicorns, etc etc.

And EU got similar 1 factions with different clans inside as well i believe.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Kirbyy

• Count
  • Renown: 286
  • Infamy: 271
  • cRPG Player
  • Hi guys
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Malta 4 lyfe.
  • Game nicks: Kirby, ynyng
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2012, 02:17:30 am »
The fact that they cooperate really well makes them a very well made candidate for 1 faction multi-clan groups.  You have the brute force, but add the compelling minds, and you have one OP faction.  I always wonder what it'd be like for FCC and TKoV to go at it.

Offline Pentecost

• Earl
  • Renown: 313
  • Infamy: 32
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2012, 02:21:38 am »
+1
However, it just does not make sense to me that three clans are 1 faction on Strat.

Is it really that strange? Even if you put aside EU, where it happens all the time, there is another successful NA precedent in the form of the Bridgeburners, Cavalieres, and Roaming Ranger Company combining their powers, not unlike a Strategus version of Captain Planet, to become the Free Companies of Calradia.

In some ways, I wish that kind of thing happened more often. I really like that the NA map is smaller and decentralized enough to actually allows smaller clans to compete for land, but I also have a healthy respect for the fact that EU battles as a whole generally have more troops and much better gear, which leads to significantly better experience for everyone involved.

Offline Visconti

• Count
  • Renown: 278
  • Infamy: 52
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Velucan
  • Game nicks: Tristran_Steward_of_TKoV
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2012, 02:37:33 am »
+2
To begin with, I have nothing against the Velucan Empire, I have fought with many of the people in it and all the client clans seem very nice (and I have a lot of respect for HoC being a mainly shielder clan when that is a fairly underpowered build and putting up with tons of crap).

However, it just does not make sense to me that three clans are 1 faction on Strat. I mean HoC, TKoV, and MB could split up and each one would still be a large sized clan. A good example of the problem can be seen in how fast VE steamrollered Remnant.

I'd just like an explanation why they are combined if they could function just fine alone and if they ever plan on separating if not in this Strat round in the next one.

Thats actually not a good example, because there was nothing in the remnant fiefs, and so far we have had nothing but peasant battles. We are combined because we enjoy working with each other, and our clans compliment each other very well. It also allows us to be alot closer then mere allies and come up with more complex strategies, a good example would be the Ironsides that we use in most of our battles. We share forums, and we even share our TS with MB, so we are alot more then a simple alliance.
Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies

Offline BoneSaw

• Earl
  • Renown: 301
  • Infamy: 88
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn (HoC) Green regime
  • Game nicks: King BoneSaw
  • IRC nick: Glorious Supreme Leader Democratic People's Republic of HoC
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2012, 02:44:28 am »
Thanks for the props Gomer, but even you know to survive in Calradia you need allies! We are only highly organized from years of EU domination and being forced to fight a common foe with less of everything. Now that we are throwing lavish parties and orgies with extra gold while others starve this winter is not my concern. Has everyone forgotten the hard times from not too long ago?
 note:(this message was written while drunk,  at all male orgy)

Offline Hobb

• Earl
  • Renown: 489
  • Infamy: 96
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TKoV
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2012, 02:50:12 am »
+6
Well for one we didnt expect to be this big. Based off strat participation from the last one we should have been a 70 man faction tops. There was never more then 5 mb and 20 hoc to go with our 40 man clan.

Second, hoc specifically asked to be in our faction because they didnt want to do diplomacy with other clans.  cant really blame em though because everyone talks shit to them and bone has a drinking problem :/

Mb told us two days before strat started they werent going to play at all, but after some change in strat leadership a few of them found interest and decided to get all of their guys involved.

Moreover hoc and MB are our 2 and only allies, and we refuse to vassalize clans, which I have said many times before. They are in our faction so Trist and I can teach them all of our secrets and strategies that we have learned for the past 2 strats. Both clans have went from terrible noobs to damn good strat clans since this has started. Now obviously we are not a charity box here, we get the benefits of more resources which leads to more battles and xp.

Finally, we didnt know NA was gona have our own map so we wanted to be as big as EU clans. Oh and occittan/hospitaller combined would have been our size.

So I guess that sums it up ok, but you also have to realize their has never, or will never be a "fair" war in strat. Each side is always looking for a way to get an advantage, this will never change.

Offline BaleOhay

• Marshall
  • Renown: 789
  • Infamy: 229
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BS
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2012, 03:00:45 am »
+1
FCC is sort of different clans rolled into one.. But generally we are one clan with specialties. BRD is melee. Cav is well cav and corns is archers. Sub clans formed who have their own thing. Narwhals, BS, even I do not know them all.

We all are the same generally and people freely switch between groups without any issues. So we are a bit different than VE is.
Leader of BS

Offline Sir_Winston_Churchill

• Knight
  • Renown: 71
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Frisian Freedom
  • Game nicks: MC_of_Frisia
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2012, 05:57:20 am »
The fact that they cooperate really well makes them a very well made candidate for 1 faction multi-clan groups.  You have the brute force, but add the compelling minds, and you have one OP faction.  I always wonder what it'd be like for FCC and TKoV to go at it.

Yeah, I definitely think that would be pretty amazing.

Someone mentioned vassal clans and I think that would be an interesting ideas. If HoC was a vassal of TKoV for example, basically operating the same but being their "bannermen" who are separate only in name.

Definitely brought up a lot of good points defending VE, though I still think a banner system (where a head clan calls on its subsidiary clans to fight) would be pretty neat, but I definitely understand why all three are joined.

Offline Taser

• King
  • Renown: 1447
  • Infamy: 82
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TKoV
  • Game nicks: Alfred_Taser_of_TKoV
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2012, 08:49:21 am »
Its a lot easier to manage when everyone's under one roof. But Hobb and Trist have covered it pretty well along with a few other posters already.

Offline Tanken

• King
  • Renown: 1463
  • Infamy: 395
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
  • Game nicks: Tanken
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2012, 04:00:44 pm »
It would be awesome, as someone said, to see FCC and TKoV square off--even if it's just at the end of the Strategus Round and no Dramatics (though Drama would be funnier to see friendly neighbors go at each others' throat) Would make for some good battles.
Below is a Collection of Finalists in my Design my Avatar contest -- They all did Awesome!
Thanks to all of those who contributed.

Offline BaleOhay

• Marshall
  • Renown: 789
  • Infamy: 229
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BS
« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2012, 06:41:21 pm »
+2
Yeah it would be a good time. Tho right now I would think in terms of gear cash and troops they have us outmatched by a bit. We have had significant wars with lots invested the entire round. Most of there wars have been held with lower resistance and over relatively quickly in comparison.

I am sure if we did want to ramp things up it would be on friendly terms. I am tired of bad time wars and underhanded diplomacy. FCC has been doing our best to keep things civil with everyone (granted not always successfully but still much improved from previous iterations of the game). TKups (VE) have earned our respect over and over so any battles between us would be held more as a friendly challenge than an ugly slug-fest.

Leader of BS

Offline Sandersson Jankins

• King
  • Renown: 1450
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CSA Apologists
  • Game nicks: fnord
  • IRC nick: "There's always a bigger nerd"- Qui-Gong Jim, Star Trek IV: Electric Boogalo
« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2012, 07:04:59 pm »
Like I've said in other threads and surely many times in-game/TS, VE is probably the least fuck-withable faction there is. Hobb don't fuck around, look how he grew his set taking on the factions that surely wouldn't get help and couldn't win on their own. Not talking shit in the "LOL GO AFTER A FACTION 1/5 OF YOUR SIZE PUSSY" fashion, but more expressing some amount of respect for the success that VE has shown. They've quite close to doubled their size, and they were very large to begin with. Having two vassal/subclan/whatevers seems to work the fuck out for them. They've got the HoC bros to do nothing more than fight, they've got the killer talent (albeit a lot of it being pig-disgusting 2h heroes) of MB.

I'd be glad to see VE attempt to absorb Chaos/FIDLGB and see FCC and other clans, possibly tundra residents support Chaos/FIDLGB in a 'nam style proxy war. Haven't seen that many really even, close, hard-fought engagements in this strat, really.

the administrator of this forum is the Internet Keyboard man? Can only play "authority" in the virtual world?Can you tell me why?

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2012, 07:40:18 pm »
Like I've said in other threads and surely many times in-game/TS, VE is probably the least fuck-withable faction there is. Hobb don't fuck around, look how he grew his set taking on the factions that surely wouldn't get help and couldn't win on their own. Not talking shit in the "LOL GO AFTER A FACTION 1/5 OF YOUR SIZE PUSSY" fashion, but more expressing some amount of respect for the success that VE has shown. They've quite close to doubled their size, and they were very large to begin with. Having two vassal/subclan/whatevers seems to work the fuck out for them. They've got the HoC bros to do nothing more than fight, they've got the killer talent (albeit a lot of it being pig-disgusting 2h heroes) of MB.

I'd be glad to see VE attempt to absorb Chaos/FIDLGB and see FCC and other clans, possibly tundra residents support Chaos/FIDLGB in a 'nam style proxy war. Haven't seen that many really even, close, hard-fought engagements in this strat, really.
So basically you want a 50% of the map vs the other 50%, why don't you just move to Europe?
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Knute

• Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 682
  • Infamy: 21
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Free Peasants of Fisdnar
« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2012, 08:53:13 pm »
So basically you want a 50% of the map vs the other 50%, why don't you just move to Europe?

It wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing.  If there were more active players from multiple clans working together and sharing resources in fewer large factions, they could make armies faster with better quality gear so more xp in battles that would happen more often.  Plus there'd be larger pools of mercs to choose from so people could play more casually.   Aside from VE, right now NA is mostly a bunch of medium/small factions with less than half their numbers active, so it takes longer for them to put together armies and makes war more risky unless you're joining a gang bang style war.

I don't know how the UIF vs anti-UIF battles played out on the EU side, but if the NA side was evenly split into a couple large factions comprised of all the small/medium clans, I think there'd probably be a lot more action/fun.