Author Topic: about hotfix: chadz, devs, STOP LISTENING TO WHINERS  (Read 8263 times)

Offline Ganon

• Peasant
  • Renown: 8
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Ganon, Linkk
Re: about hotfix: chadz, devs, STOP LISTENING TO WHINERS
« Reply #30 on: January 06, 2011, 07:14:46 pm »
That poll has been there before this thread even started and is real.

Offline vazco

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 06, 2011, 07:20:52 pm »
The most basic indication that something's wrong with the latest patch is for the first time in a long time crpg has less users than native Warband. I suppose chadz will consider fixes for the upkeep system once everyone is gone from the server. Then I fear it will be too late to fix an old system without resetting all accounts.

Offline Fasader

• Vain onion-eyed pigeon egg
  • Count
  • Renown: 268
  • Infamy: 35
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
  • Item unbalancer
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Fasader, Mlatimir, Fasadripac, Modnar
  • IRC nick: Fasader
« Reply #32 on: January 06, 2011, 07:39:41 pm »
Translated it for you.

Anyway, your kind of "gameplay" is exactly what needs to die.
It's funny because it's ture.
21:33:22 BaldRider: Poem submission: okiN is fat, chadz is blue, Fasader is pretty sexy, but not you.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

https://soundcloud.com/shitfactory/father-and-panos

Offline Casimir

• King
  • Renown: 1756
  • Infamy: 271
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The Dashing Templar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Casimir
  • IRC nick: Casimir
« Reply #33 on: January 06, 2011, 07:45:41 pm »
@armpit_sweat

The fact my plate nerfs me by around 70 wpf and i have 0 weapon master means its very hard for me to spam but thank you for the reply

@salvius

come siege serve and i can pull out a a 5:1 + K:D and that's without a plated horse which cant be blocked and deals high damage.

I've seen new player noob in game and frankly I don't like him for his play style and I'm sure I'll have the backing of a majority of the community in saying that it should end.
Turtles

Offline Vicious666

• Baron
  • Renown: 88
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
  • becouse an image is worth a thousand words
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Vicious666_xXx
  • IRC nick: Vicious666
« Reply #34 on: January 06, 2011, 08:20:33 pm »
Gaining experience and gold 5x faster is a pretty good incentive I'd say.

except that now exp have no sense since make high levels is impossible probably 35 is like 500ml xp      and if everybody  is 30 in 1 day, and they not even need to play actively (exp come passively from all around the  map ), be 35 make no difference at all tbh

Offline Tai Feng

• Noble
  • Renown: 14
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 06, 2011, 08:27:23 pm »
Thanks to hotfix the battlefield is swarming with cavalry.

One more hot "fix" like this and we'll have the previous patch scenario.
Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.

Imperial army: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4muBipy9-Q

Offline DarkFox

• Knight
  • Renown: 42
  • Infamy: 11
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 06, 2011, 08:27:40 pm »
The thing I liked in patch that I had big desire to help team and win round.Right now I have no such feeling.

Offline Vicious666

• Baron
  • Renown: 88
  • cRPG Player
  • becouse an image is worth a thousand words
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Vicious666_xXx
  • IRC nick: Vicious666
« Reply #37 on: January 06, 2011, 08:30:50 pm »
this is a fix?   this is  fool ppl,  make you calculation

chance at 4% instead 3 (+33%), upkeep from   20% to 5%(-75%), but you have it on losing and winning team (+100%) in total still 66% of what it was previously so upkeep still around 14%   

Offline Michael

• Don't take me seriously
  • Baron
  • Renown: 118
  • Infamy: 559
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 06, 2011, 08:43:03 pm »
Okay, I see, some people in this community are so limited, it was too much words.

Easier, plain, simple:

The original patch was way better than the hotfix.

Before hotfix, I won the round for you suckers and saved you from upkeep. Most of the time.

After the hotfix, I win the round for my team, and have to pay upkeep for gear that wasnt even damaged.
You suckers get the multiplier, and I lose my crap internet connection. Awesome.

@Casimir: The fact, that you are a templar doesn't mean that you are more skilled that other players... I've almost never seen you doing something funny or heroic. I know New_Player_Noob way better from the battlefield and if he is higher at the scoreboard than you, I would assume that he is better that you.
btw: If you want to find out who is the more skilled player go and play native, you will NEVER be able to compare this in cRPG ;)

Already suggested to him. I am not very good, but this guy I would pwn on foot.

But this e-peen shit has nothing to do with this topic. This topic is about weak devs. If you dont want to have horses in your mod, fine, then remove it. Fair, and simple.
If you want to force players to waste their free time with mindless grind, fine, its your mod, do it.

But dont change everything because some bad people are whining.

Cavalry, throwing lances, I play my war elephant class the way I want as long its possible. Not to be effective or anything. I play this mod for fun in my free time, and I dont care what you suckers that dont know how to use a cheap pike cry about. I have enough gold to annoy you with my heavy plated charger over the next years. Now suck it up!

The reason why I made this topic is for the (good) people that started to play this mod weeks after me, or are more casual players. They will never be able to use the good stuff, and thats a pity and a shame. Because its cos of the wrong reasons. Jealous whiners that suck as person and as player.

The thing I liked in patch that I had big desire to help team and win round.Right now I have no such feeling.

Exactly!

At the end of a close round, I got some extra kick, I did even pay full attention to the game what I usually never do. It was very exciting, I needed to do my best to save my teams gear.

Now, no point. What would be my motivation to help my team win? What I do, I press tab, when I have some good people on my team then perhaps.............when I have a bunch of lamers I just ride around and have some fun and dont care about those idiots.

without a plated horse which cant be blocked

OH MY GOD are you serious? Lawl Your fucking mindless crush throuh cant be blocked. I stopped this evening many horses with my 3 str alt using a scythe. Learn to play.

I'm using a shitty Sarranid padded vest with a turban and nomad boots and the "sword" as a weapon with a heater shield and I could place second/third in my team of 60 players. All due to skills

lol
If you had "skill" you wouldnt go easy mode and use shield in melee. (No offense against other shielders, 1h shield is a valid class)
« Last Edit: January 06, 2011, 09:08:54 pm by Michael »

Offline DarkFox

• Knight
  • Renown: 42
  • Infamy: 11
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 06, 2011, 08:51:21 pm »
Well said Michael :wink: .

Offline EponiCo

• Baron
  • Renown: 92
  • Infamy: 15
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild
  • Game nicks: Guard_Aine
« Reply #40 on: January 06, 2011, 09:23:31 pm »

except that now exp have no sense since make high levels is impossible probably 35 is like 500ml xp      and if everybody  is 30 in 1 day, and they not even need to play actively (exp come passively from all around the  map ), be 35 make no difference at all tbh

And how is attacking a high level archer behind the enemy lines or downing cav in the middle of nowhere so others can fight less active then hiding in the big group and trying to survive? I've spent entire rounds locked with players that trampled half the team last round (and were 15 levels higher), often dying, and I got nothing for it.

And btw, I've seen new_player_noob save my life a couple of times with his charger or bump enemies so someone else could kill them, so I'd consider him a way better player then others who were only ever found backstabbing peasants and running away from anyone who could make a scratch on their charger, even if those got awesome k:d scores.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2011, 09:31:42 pm by EponiCo »

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 06, 2011, 10:37:01 pm »
Please let the winning team make some more money then the losing team and it'll all be good.  Equal losses discourages playing for keeps.
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

Offline bruce

• Count
  • Renown: 262
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: the Freak Army of the Gnjus / Saracens
  • Game nicks: Saracen_el_Brus
« Reply #42 on: January 07, 2011, 02:19:55 am »
Winners make more money because of multiplier.

And it's really nice, the upkeep is lentient enough, and fairly predictable.

Best ban reason ever:
Quote from: Wookimonsta
I checked, the only Vagabond I found was Wolves_Vagabond_TheCruel, that guy is now unbanned. Ban reason was: "calling Zotte a cockswoggler".

Offline CpTKiL

• Peasant
  • Renown: 4
  • Infamy: 12
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 07, 2011, 02:32:41 am »
I think we should go back to old patch the one before this v0.200 patch it was perfect...so much fun not because I'm heavy tin can or being elephant or archers or any overpower class I just have fun that all it matters but yet you people complaint and complaint and look now most of you changed your mind? we should go back to old days just leave it like that ...just add new items nothing else.People earn their armors fine...players earn their elephant fine I don't mind...they want to be archers for rest of their life...fine, they want to have fun but now it changed everything...should I stay and complaint about everything? No, I just need to admit he/she earn it and he/she deserve it.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2011, 02:36:20 am by CpTKiL »

Offline Michael

• Don't take me seriously
  • Baron
  • Renown: 118
  • Infamy: 559
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 07, 2011, 09:50:13 am »
Winners make more money because of multiplier.

Only those "winners" that leech hour after hour.
More casual players, that just want to play a round or two, EPIC FAIL your multiplicator.
Same for all the people with crap internet connection.

And it's really nice, the upkeep is lentient enough, and fairly predictable.

No, no, and no.

Its not sane to force me to pay to repair a horse with 100 % hp left at the end of the round when I have won the round while all those people I have killed have the same chance to get away upkeep free. They should to have to repair themselves, their broken brains in the first place. Then their shield, 1h, ..................they are dead, so they should have to start as level 1 again. lololol

Also, you fail in understanding that different classes need more upkeep than others. With my alts (pure crossbow, pure 2h, and probably staffman next to come) I will always be able to play the game. I dont need the top gear. I can kill many naked with hunting crossbow/ longsword/ quarter staff.
With my elephant rider, I have all my points in riding, power throw, shield and throwing. What the hell I am supposed to do on foot with 0 athletics, 0 power strike and 1 wpf in melee? I can only leech.

Even if the war elephant class was overpowered (it is not, but you will never understand that it needs a lot of skill to use it in a way to make your team win, so we can ignore this and just assume its overpowered), its a valid class and therefore, if you can win more rounds, you should be able to keep it. If you lose, you lose way more money than cheap classes such as staffmen, peasants, bowmen, shielders. So thats the risk you take to play an overpowered class.
Same for heavy infantry and other heavy cavalry.

The original patch was fine, the hotfix is not.   
« Last Edit: January 07, 2011, 10:01:58 am by Michael »