Author Topic: about hotfix: chadz, devs, STOP LISTENING TO WHINERS  (Read 8259 times)

Offline Thomas Dixon

• Peasant
  • Renown: 5
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
  • Order Of The Lance
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Order Of The Lance
Re: about hotfix: chadz, devs, STOP LISTENING TO WHINERS
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2011, 06:19:50 pm »
love this post dont become world of warcraft because you are afraid people wont like you

Offline Formless

• Baron
  • Renown: 102
  • Infamy: 74
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2011, 06:24:23 pm »
I liked the old 20% upkeep system.  It actually forced players to think and plan.  Now its going to go back to the way it was before tincan wars :(  I guess its time to put on the old black armour and get back to the wars. 
“Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless - like water. Now you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup, you put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, you put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.” - Bruce Lee

Offline Assarix

• Peasant
  • Renown: 9
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: De Bitre
  • Game nicks: DenBitre_Asalot
« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2011, 06:26:00 pm »
It's hard to please everyone. I totally agree I liked the expensive system too.

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • Renown: 226
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player
  • Why the hell did I do anything other than ranged?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: The threat of physical violence should be present in all things
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2011, 06:29:20 pm »
Translated it for you.

Anyway, your kind of "gameplay" is exactly what needs to die.

the fact that you new_player_noob would ever suggest that you are more skilled than others amuses me to no extent.

You are not a new player but you most certainly are a noob.

I hope that you and your dumb submarine horse leave the game once and for all.

Pretty much sums it all up.
And I should be nice or polite to anyone.... why exactly?

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1243
  • Infamy: 2377
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2011, 06:29:56 pm »
I find this mod way easier than it was before. But because of that, it lost some of its charm. Personally, I don't give a f about casual players and I really don't see a point in making mod easier and less serious for everyone. There is already native which is like that. It's made for people who want to play for half an hour per day, who want instant gratification and can't suck up the fact that you have to invest few hours dying and hiding as a peasant.

Pre patch, I was never higher than lvl 31, never had more than 18 str or agi and never used best gear (I've used plate but not the best armors out there). I did good on battlefield and I especially cherished those moments when I managed to kill some 40+ lvl guy. This patch took away that pleasure away from me.

I personally think that crowd who likes this mod best aren't casual players. I also think that people who spent most time playing this mod aren't much interested in Strategus (browser based game). Since I find upkeep system to be important part of Strategus and not just a way to balance things (balance could have been achieved in so many different ways) I must say I'm against upkeep in any form. I like grind, hate me for it but as soon as someone else make mod like crpg used to be I'll switch to that mod. I'm pretty sure that most players like full servers (which this patch doesn't encourage anymore), total mayhem on battlefield, op lvl 40+ black armor noobs and even op archers. Very few players are interested in Total War wannabe which seems this mod is bound to become.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2011, 06:31:09 pm by Leshma »

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2011, 06:34:31 pm »
I like grind

WTF is with gamers nowadays.  Games used to be all about skill, where someone that jumped in on day 1 who was a better gamer could mop the floor with the perma-nub that had been flailing his way through a game for 3 months.

Offline StanleyPain

• Peasant
  • Renown: 9
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: (>'.'<)(*)(*)(¯`·._) LLJK (¯`·._) (*)(*) (>'.'<)
« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2011, 06:45:53 pm »
WTF is with gamers nowadays.  Games used to be all about skill, where someone that jumped in on day 1 who was a better gamer could mop the floor with the perma-nub that had been flailing his way through a game for 3 months.

Holy shit, a Gorath post I can agree with ;) The world is truly at an end.

I don't give a f about casual players and I really don't see a point in making mod easier and less serious for everyone.

Die in a fire, thanks. Amount of grinding does not equate to player skill in the least. Go play a JRPG if you want grind. I hear FFXIV online is calling you.

Offline Manabalu

• Peasant
  • Renown: 2
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Manabalu
« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2011, 06:47:32 pm »
Gaining experience and gold 5x faster is a pretty good incentive I'd say.

If you are level 30 and have all your eqiup (with easy upkeep now) it doesn't really matter. At least my motivation to win rounds is like before the patch... I don't care.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2858
  • Infamy: 2765
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 06, 2011, 06:50:17 pm »

Grind in crpg mod and grind in general are two different things. In crpg, I've never had a feeling that I'm grinding because its gameplay is so intense and epic. You grind in stupid WoW clones because you actually do something super boring to achieve stats which will allow you to do something less boring in the future (PvE games are boring, no matter what lvl you are).

There is a way to fix flaws previous patch had (high agi spammers) and that doesn't have to be upkeep system. Instead of making changes he did, chadz could balance gear and put skill req for every type of gear (armor - IF, melee - PS, xbow - PD) and put reqs for high tier gear pretty high (f.e. 9 PS for flamberge, 8 PS for cookie/tears and so on). That would make knights slow in both ways (moving speed and fighting speed) and give skilled fighters wearing less gear an edge over them. Horses could be toned as well. Most things could have been fixed that way. But that doesn't have much to do with Strategus part which seems to be main interest of mod maker, does it ;)

Also, as a self proclaimed archer hater I must say that cut damage for bows is stupid decision. Lowering the damage is reasonable but there is no way arrows do cut damage. I like pierce dmg on morningstar tho, kinda op but realistic.

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 06, 2011, 06:51:56 pm »

Holy shit, a Gorath post I can agree with ;) The world is truly at an end.

:mrgreen:
Well you know underneath all the trolling, for the lulz bullshit and fedora I am actually a gamer.   :wink:

Offline Ganon

• Peasant
  • Renown: 8
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Ganon, Linkk
« Reply #25 on: January 06, 2011, 06:54:04 pm »
Upkeep costs didn't change all that much on average. They're still like 66% compared to pre-hotfix costs, more than enough to keep me broke in low/medium equip.

Offline Siboire

• Knight
  • Renown: 43
  • Infamy: 20
  • cRPG Player
  • Sergentariá D'armas
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Occitan
  • Game nicks: Occitan_FullMetalJacket
« Reply #26 on: January 06, 2011, 06:58:02 pm »
(click to show/hide)

Totally with Gorath! At beginning I was like "man I'll never be able to use my medium tier armor/equipment" but now, with the upkeep system, cRPG went from "WoW" with noob grinders owning everybody to a really good mod where skilled players have a good chance at having a good k/d ratio and even kill grinders/stat whores. I'm using a shitty Sarranid padded vest with a turban and nomad boots and the "sword" as a weapon with a heater shield and I could place second/third in my team of 60 players. All due to skills and team work and of course a bit of luck! Not some freakin grinding! Also, we don't even need to say anything, just watch this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSCUuEBOKxc it explains why IT MUST HAVE AN UPKEEP FOR WINNING TEAM TOO!
« Last Edit: January 06, 2011, 06:59:08 pm by Siboire »

Offline AgentQ

• Noble
  • Renown: 11
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 06, 2011, 07:00:45 pm »

Games are becoming more nub friendly. Look at COD series

Offline Ganon

• Peasant
  • Renown: 8
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Ganon, Linkk
« Reply #28 on: January 06, 2011, 07:01:50 pm »
(click to show/hide)

Totally with Gorath! At beginning I was like "man I'll never be able to use my medium tier armor/equipment" but now, with the upkeep system, cRPG went from "WoW" with noob grinders owning everybody to a really good mod where skilled players have a good chance at having a good k/d ratio and even kill grinders/stat whores. I'm using a shitty Sarranid padded vest with a turban and nomad boots and the "sword" as a weapon with a heater shield and I could place second/third in my team of 60 players. All due to skills and team work and of course a bit of luck! Not some freakin grinding! Also, we don't even need to say anything, just watch this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSCUuEBOKxc it explains why IT MUST HAVE AN UPKEEP FOR WINNING TEAM TOO!

What does winning or losing or k/d matter ? I was trying to learn the mechanics but i can't afford to swing a weapon anymore, you know by definition not everyone gets placed top3 out of 60, there's another 57 players out there who would like to have at least a chance.

Offline CtrlAltDe1337

• Knight
  • Renown: 31
  • Infamy: 17
  • cRPG Player
  • Victoria aut mors
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ATS / Northern Empire
  • Game nicks: Kataphraktos, Muffins, CtrlAltDelete, Haleth
« Reply #29 on: January 06, 2011, 07:07:21 pm »
Poll statistics do not lie. If 50% of the playing population is uprising on forums for the upkeep system to be removed, this should not be ignored, nor is it whining since this reflects half the playing population that reads these forums, not a minority.

http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,314.0.html
I hope this is a (poor attempt at a) troll.
Quote from: IRC
<abearirl>crtlaltdel shut up | you are the worst | sperglord | i hate you so much | if i could ban goatee or ban you | i'd ban you
<Wylker|work>man if i was locked in a bunker with einstein, stalin, and CtrlAltDelete and had a gun with only 2 bullets | I'd shoot CtrlAltDelete twice