Author Topic: NA servers: How to fix or How do we get better one?  (Read 2374 times)

Offline chadz

• The lazy
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 3188
  • Infamy: 724
  • Sir Black King A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: irc://
  • IRC nick: chadz
Re: NA servers: How to fix or How do we get better one?
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2012, 08:20:03 pm »
+1
US hosting seems to cost twice as much as EU, possibly even more.

Offline Miley

• Duke
  • Renown: 604
  • Infamy: 327
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2012, 08:25:08 pm »
+1

WHAT ABOUT MEXICAN HOSTING OR CANADIAN?

Offline Blackzilla

• Earl
  • Renown: 451
  • Infamy: 108
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FIDLGB(strat/crpg),Dracul(Friends)
  • Game nicks: Blackzilla_FIDLGB, Helios The Shiny
  • IRC nick: Blackzilla
« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2012, 08:25:11 pm »
So cut back on our server sizes, shouldn't that lower the price?

Edit: Doesn't contribute to the price.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2012, 08:28:15 pm by DoD_Blackzilla »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline cmp

• M:BG Developer
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 2052
  • Infamy: 569
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: cmp
« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2012, 08:25:16 pm »
+1
We don't pay per slot, we rent a dedicated server. Lowering slot does absolutely nothing to the price.

Offline Blackzilla

• Earl
  • Renown: 451
  • Infamy: 108
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FIDLGB(strat/crpg),Dracul(Friends)
  • Game nicks: Blackzilla_FIDLGB, Helios The Shiny
  • IRC nick: Blackzilla
« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2012, 08:27:18 pm »
+1
We don't pay per slot, we rent a dedicated server. Lowering slot does absolutely nothing to the price.
Ok, I always thought slot count contributed to the cost.

Offline Sandersson Jankins

• King
  • Renown: 1450
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CSA Apologists
  • Game nicks: fnord
  • IRC nick: "There's always a bigger nerd"- Qui-Gong Jim, Star Trek IV: Electric Boogalo
« Reply #20 on: December 22, 2012, 10:02:01 pm »
+4
While it is certainly not false that NA servers cost considerably more, why is this preventing us from getting a new server, again? I don't believe that the server prices in NA will go down; there's not really much to think about.

What I request is this; please post the prices of the server boxes that are available to you for rent. If the cost is able to be covered by NA donations either wholly or near-entirely, get a new box for NA. If not, then at least we have some numbers to it, instead of a statement of "We're thinking about what to do."

Don't misunderstand me, I fuckin' love you devs. I'm not losing sleep over having a shite NA_3 server. I have contributed very, very little to the mod, while you guys made the damn thing. Much respect and love to you guys for it, but there's NO reason to refrain from posting the data on server costs unless you do not wish the community to know how much it costs...which I consider to be quite shady.

the administrator of this forum is the Internet Keyboard man? Can only play "authority" in the virtual world?Can you tell me why?

Offline a_bear_irl

• Duke
  • Renown: 540
  • Infamy: 252
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 22, 2012, 10:16:23 pm »
+1
yeah, i'd be interested in seeing some numbers on what the specs are now, NA vs EU hardware, but mostly how much we (NA) would have to donate to get a server that would run better
FREE ALLERS

Offline TheAppleSauceMan

• Duke
  • Renown: 553
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player
  • dear god I hate throwers
    • View Profile
    • Look and you'll enjoy.
  • Faction: Dracul, RUFF RYDERS
  • Game nicks: Dracul_AppleSauce_FieldBauss | Wiff Khalifa | U_Having_A_Giggle_M8
« Reply #22 on: December 23, 2012, 02:25:02 am »
+2
I didn't see lag. Can I get a specific time when it would happen?

To be honest it's really hard to see it, but boy oh boy, play a large strat battle sometime, NA of course. You will feel it. Let me put it like this, last battle I got 27 kills, and after EVERY one of them, my response was the same; "wow....I'm not even sure how that happened....but cool I got a kill?".
I'm rock, nerf paper, scissors is fine. Welcome to c-RPG.

Offline BaleOhay

• Marshall
  • Renown: 789
  • Infamy: 229
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BS
« Reply #23 on: December 23, 2012, 03:10:42 am »
+2
My experience as a 1 hander is interesting since I have to be so close to kill people. With shield up swings get thru all the time so you are never really sure if you will be hit. Not sure if this is just me but I am not really able to do overheads... I do not mean I can nto seem to hit anything, I mean I do the up attack and nothing happens. My character just ignores the command about 8 times out of 10. Its frustrating.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2012, 03:36:15 am by BaleOhay »
Leader of BS

Offline TheAppleSauceMan

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • Look and you'll enjoy.
  • Game nicks: Dracul_AppleSauce_FieldBauss | Wiff Khalifa | U_Having_A_Giggle_M8
« Reply #24 on: December 23, 2012, 03:35:03 am »
My experience as a 1 hander is interesting since I have to be so close to kill people. With shield up swings get thru all the time so you are never really sure if you will be hit or not. Not sure if this is just me or not but I am not really able to do overheads... I do not mean I can nto seem to hit anything, I mean I do the up attack and nothing happens. My character just ignores the command about 8 times out of 10. Its frustrating.

Agreed. And boy hilt-slash and backswings become worse than ever with the lag.
Yeah I noticed a lot of the time I'll block an attack then click to swing, and my guy sort of just sits there doing nothing, doesn't ready a swing or anything, and then of course I get hit.

Offline Sandersson Jankins

• King
  • Renown: 1450
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CSA Apologists
  • Game nicks: fnord
  • IRC nick: "There's always a bigger nerd"- Qui-Gong Jim, Star Trek IV: Electric Boogalo
« Reply #25 on: December 23, 2012, 04:03:36 am »
The best bet for me is finding either a pike or a long swingable polearm and S-key all day, spamming the whole time. It's really hard to block or feint at all, but spam is certainly achievable and effective.

the administrator of this forum is the Internet Keyboard man? Can only play "authority" in the virtual world?Can you tell me why?

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
« Reply #26 on: December 23, 2012, 06:33:38 am »
My experience as a 1 hander is interesting since I have to be so close to kill people. With shield up swings get thru all the time so you are never really sure if you will be hit. Not sure if this is just me but I am not really able to do overheads... I do not mean I can nto seem to hit anything, I mean I do the up attack and nothing happens. My character just ignores the command about 8 times out of 10. Its frustrating.

What I've been getting is I'll throw a spear, instead I hear the throwing sound, but it doesnt throw and I don't lose any ammo.
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

Offline LordLargos

• Count
  • Renown: 279
  • Infamy: 43
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn (Lord,X-Champion)
  • Game nicks: Largos the Weaboo Wrangler, HoC Lord Largos
« Reply #27 on: December 23, 2012, 08:23:53 am »
During the recent BIRD vs Hero party strat battle this topic came up considering about 30-45 minutes into the battle it takes 3-5 clicks to swing and by the time you do a friendly has moved infront of you or a 2hander just spamms you. People even said they were willing to contribute if you promised their donations would go to a new NA3 server since it is completely inadequate for a strat battle.
If chadz or whoever gives us a goal to reach for donations towards a new NA3 or multiple NA servers I am sure we would be able to make it.
Well, this doesn't look good for you. Four team kills - definitely intentional, Appeared to be afk more than once in the video.Also kicking people off of walls is grieving! don't do it.... but ill let you off with a warning this time, only because I don't like largos anyway.

Offline LordLargos

• Count
  • Renown: 279
  • Infamy: 43
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn (Lord,X-Champion)
  • Game nicks: Largos the Weaboo Wrangler, HoC Lord Largos
« Reply #28 on: December 23, 2012, 08:29:29 am »
"Agreed. And boy hilt-slash and backswings become worse than ever with the lag.
Yeah I noticed a lot of the time I'll block an attack then click to swing, and my guy sort of just sits there doing nothing, doesn't ready a swing or anything, and then of course I get hit. "
TheAppleSauceMan
Oh and Applesauce I feel your pain my KDR just starts falling part because of those problems and people spectating me probably think I have some mental illness.
-Don't know why my quote format disappeared
« Last Edit: December 23, 2012, 08:34:21 am by LordLargos »
Well, this doesn't look good for you. Four team kills - definitely intentional, Appeared to be afk more than once in the video.Also kicking people off of walls is grieving! don't do it.... but ill let you off with a warning this time, only because I don't like largos anyway.

Offline TheAppleSauceMan

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • Look and you'll enjoy.
« Reply #29 on: December 23, 2012, 09:10:00 am »
"Agreed. And boy hilt-slash and backswings become worse than ever with the lag.
Yeah I noticed a lot of the time I'll block an attack then click to swing, and my guy sort of just sits there doing nothing, doesn't ready a swing or anything, and then of course I get hit. "
TheAppleSauceMan
Oh and Applesauce I feel your pain my KDR just starts falling part because of those problems and people spectating me probably think I have some mental illness.
-Don't know why my quote format disappeared

Yeah any hope for a decent or regular KDR sort of goes out the window once you realize that getting kills is more luck then skill due to lag. But at least there's good exp I guess. Heh.