Author Topic: EU Admins  (Read 7035 times)

Offline Cepeshi

• Earl
  • Renown: 467
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player
  • Relax, it is just a life...
    • View Profile
    • Wanna work with me? Ping for more info!
  • Faction: Deserters
  • Game nicks: Fapulena, Useless
  • IRC nick: Cepeshi
Re: EU Admins
« Reply #60 on: December 21, 2012, 01:24:33 pm »
+1
add eu_1 to 7 (and other cool serv) to favorite and switch from Internet to Favorites filter  :mrgreen: (quasi instant loading).

aaaaaah, i always wondered why its there :D

Offline Elmuri

• Marshall
  • Renown: 817
  • Infamy: 91
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Elmuri and co
« Reply #61 on: December 21, 2012, 01:37:42 pm »
+2
Why is this guy an admin btw http://forum.meleegaming.com/profile/?u=9044
15 post on forums, hasnt resolved any requests and his reply to Bjords feedback wasn't very mature. Never seen him ingame,

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 21, 2012, 01:39:55 pm »
+1
That's Kurosch, he's an oldie

Offline Ujin

• King
  • Renown: 1057
  • Infamy: 166
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 21, 2012, 01:40:31 pm »
Rejoining server after early death is against the rules. It's hard for me to believe that you aren't aware of your clanmates doing it when you all are on TS most of the time. People are usually angry and swear a lot when they are killed by headshot in first few seconds.
And who did that and when ? Was i present ? Or are you saying my clan members do that constantly and under my careful watch ? Please continue.

Offline Elmuri

• Marshall
  • Renown: 817
  • Infamy: 91
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Elmuri and co
« Reply #64 on: December 21, 2012, 01:52:40 pm »
That's Kurosch, he's an oldie
Ok, just hadn't heard of him before. But I still wonder does he really need admin powers.  :P

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1640
  • Infamy: 2626
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 21, 2012, 01:59:32 pm »
And who did that and when ? Was i present ? Or are you saying my clan members do that constantly and under my careful watch ? Please continue.

Last time I cought Renegat doing that and you were present. As you already know Royanss was banned for it and isn't doing that anymore I guess. Didn't notice anyone doing that in last few days, but I wasn't looking neither.

So, it's not constantly but I'm pretty sure you're aware of it when that happens. I don't expect you to punish every single thing, that's why I opened this topic and hope that devs will choose more admins who will do that instead of you.

Offline Latvian

• King
  • Renown: 1494
  • Infamy: 379
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • с̴͎͖͈͟͠ͅу̷̸̻̣͇͚̫͎͇̩̟̖̪͇̯к̀́͠͞҉͎͚͎а̰̤͕̱͔̬͖̟̺͍͎́͞ ̸͝
    • View Profile
  • Faction: one and only DESERTERS
  • Game nicks: u know its me when you see me
« Reply #66 on: December 21, 2012, 02:09:48 pm »
on this matter   does rejoining with other character counts as rejoining?
people are like potatoes, they come in different shapes and sizes and they all are beautifull
masturbating while looking in a mirror isnt wrong unless its the rear view mirror and you are driving a school buss.

it doesnt matter if you are happiest person or an unfortunate weeper, a powerfull beast or a terrifying creature. we are all equal, in the eyes of the reaper.

Offline Royans

• Knight
  • Renown: 77
  • Infamy: 16
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 21, 2012, 02:12:41 pm »
+1
(click to show/hide)

lol nubcake, ujin must be my top personal banner punisher with tenne :D

Offline Ujin

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 21, 2012, 02:12:49 pm »
Last time I cought Renegat doing that and you were present. As you already know Royanss was banned for it and isn't doing that anymore I guess. Didn't notice anyone doing that in last few days, but I wasn't looking neither.

So, it's not constantly but I'm pretty sure you're aware of it when that happens. I don't expect you to punish every single thing, that's why I opened this topic and hope that devs will choose more admins who will do that instead of you.
Now look ,i know you're prone to polar behavior switching and i can feel you're trying to get off this train you've got yourself onto, but it's not gonna happen. 
You've claimed in this topic that i intentionally let my clan mates break the rules while i watch and do nothing about it. You can call me whatever you want and dislike me but never publicly put my integrity under question unless you have some solid proof to back your words with. I have the right to defend myself and, in the end, make you look stupid.

You "caught" Renegat doing that ? Did you make  screenshots? Was he ever warned or banned by other admins for the same offense ? I was present ? Make a screenshot of that too, cause i don't remember anyone reporting that to me.
And what does Royanses ban have to do with this ,i didn't even know he was banned for it till you told me. Do you happen to know that i also banned Royanns for tking a while ago ? How does that fall in your grand admin corruption scheme ?

Offline karasu

• King
  • Renown: 1751
  • Infamy: 316
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • D̶͎̳͒́͗͋ẹ͕̲̠̳̄̃͂ͤ͑ͮṃ̮͎̗̦̏̿͊ͤi̥̪̼͕ͦ̀̊̐ȗ̘rͩ͋̅̊gͭ̿̋
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 21, 2012, 02:42:25 pm »
+3
It's so hard to keep a thread "ontopic" these days...

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1726
  • Infamy: 2362
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 21, 2012, 02:43:51 pm »
Now look ,i know you're prone to polar behavior switching and i can feel you're trying to get off this train you've got yourself onto, but it's not gonna happen. 
You've claimed in this topic that i intentionally let my clan mates break the rules while i watch and do nothing about it. You can call me whatever you want and dislike me but never publicly put my integrity under question unless you have some solid proof to back your words with. I have the right to defend myself and, in the end, make you look stupid.

You take your badge of an admin way too seriously. Your integrity, wtf? You're just as insignificant part of this community as I am and sooner you realise that better for you. I still remember your threats to chadz how your clan will leave cRPG and mod will die. Reality check needed, pronto!

You "caught" Renegat doing that ? Did you make  screenshots? Was he ever warned or banned by other admins for the same offense ? I was present ? Make a screenshot of that too, cause i don't remember anyone reporting that to me.
And what does Royanses ban have to do with this ,i didn't even know he was banned for it till you told me. Do you happen to know that i also banned Royanns for tking a while ago ? How does that fall in your grand admin corruption scheme ?

No, I didn't take screenshots. You know why?

Because developers choose you to perform admin duty which means that random players won't have to take screenshots of foul behavior in order to prove it. However, at that time I was chatting to Meow on irc and explained him what I saw. He told me to report that to you because you're fine admin (at least he believes so) but I refused because I know things will get ugly because you take this as personal insult. For your information, personal insult is when someone says shit about you (which you did, saying how I'm bipolar) or your family, not comment on the way you admin some online game...

Long story short, admins should be neutral in every situation and you're not.

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
  • Renown: 1170
  • Infamy: 617
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 21, 2012, 02:46:35 pm »
+3
Admining is more annoying than you think, its all fun to be active for a couple of months, but I can tell you it begins to wear on you. Sooooo many idiots that you have to deal with, you begin to hide from them. No matter decision you take, there is always someone making a drama thread about their ban, or hating you in future. I dont say I do a perfect job, but I watch admin chat when Im not grabbing a drink; and I stop any flamers with mutes, and tkers with short bans. More admins are probably need, but they will become old and crusty like the rest of us in short order.

EDIT: Also who do you think does all the name changes? :p They pile up more quickly than you can believe.

This might not be particularly popular with some, given the nature of why some people come on a forum but..

I say the drama around kicks and bans shouldn't even exist on a forum. You create a soap box for people and allow attention seekers to draw even more attention to themselves. People like Panos lived and breathed on the drama they created. It made him a prominent figure in the community just by being an undesirable type, and most likely made him worse just to keep up that image.

The unban essays especially don't help. But personally I would adopt a totally behind the scenes kind of attitude to kicks/bans. Let admins deal with it among themselves. If someone wants to make a complaint about someone and they have some evidence, let them PM that to an admin and then he steps back and leaves it alone. Admin can then make a call on what to do given the evidence and what happened. No drama, no random people putting their 2 cents in, no douches getting what they want (attention, wasting people's time). If possible the guy thats banned should get a short note about why and when it expires, and thats that.

This is what a large community I was involved with before did, and it resulted in a much more pleasant community. One of the biggest game communities in the UK and they had no ban section. Anything to do with admins & bans was by PM and not on the main forum. You shouldn't put dodgy players on a pedestal and create all this extra work for admins. These are the guys that are creating problems for players, they should not get to waste so much extra time for people.

Another thing, when you say there are sooo many idiots ingame to deal with, well part of that is to do with the type of culture this game has fostered. Don't give people too much leeway, be strict with repeat offenders and be consistent. People need to know where the line is and when they cross it they don't get epic drama threadnaughts, they don't get sympathy and they can't be slandering admins behind their backs in ban area. They just get a ban that reflects what they did and that is the end of it. If they don't learn then they just get longer and longer bans until its perma
« Last Edit: December 21, 2012, 03:22:50 pm by Grumbs »
If you have ranged troubles use this:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Anuran

• Knight
  • Renown: 57
  • Infamy: 35
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Pixel Paladins
« Reply #72 on: December 21, 2012, 02:54:54 pm »
May I suggest myself for admin? If yes, I do so. Im quite active (especially EU 7 which lacks of admins) and know how to do admin work, cause on some other stuff I was admin too and never really disappointed someone. But I know other people who could also do a good admin job.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2012, 03:07:34 pm by MegaDeltawarrior »

Offline Ujin

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 21, 2012, 03:13:37 pm »
You take your badge of an admin way too seriously. Your integrity, wtf? You're just as insignificant part of this community as I am and

Long story short, admins should be neutral in every situation and you're not.
Ah, now you've decided to spam me with meaningless words and even more bollocks. I don't take people reporting my clanmates breaking rules as "personal insult" , where did you get that ? All this insinuations seem to just be there in your posts to justify your lies.
Why won't you instead of coming up with these silly theories "catch" my clan mate red handed and report him to me, see what happens ?

I had a personal conflict with chadz a long time ago but i never said that my clan'd leave and the mod will die. What other words that i never spoke will you put in my mouth in order to try and win this argument ?

Yes, i do try to take my adminship more or less seriously, one of the reasons why i don't give my clannies a free pass. Wasn't this topic about admins taking their job seriously in the first place ? You're contradicting yourself.

Trust me i don't have a high opinion of myself and i don't think anyone else is worse than me in any way. You are the one that started a topic where you straight forward judge people you don't know, call them names and accuse of things they didn't do.

I don't think you can quite grasp the concept of integrity , but i understand, being a long -term forum poster can turn anyone into a brainless typing machine without any understanding of things like self -respect and honesty.

My apologies to everyone for spamming this topic, but like i said before, when someone accuses you of something you have the right to defend yourself. Leshma , if you've got something else to say, let's keep it to pms. Truth be told though, you tire me.

Offline Falka

• King
  • Renown: 1257
  • Infamy: 423
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 21, 2012, 03:13:44 pm »
Ducktator for president cRPG admin 2012!  8-)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login