Author Topic: HBO's Game of Thrones. [No Book Spoilers]  (Read 187734 times)

Offline Latrinenkobold

• Earl
  • Renown: 332
  • Infamy: 40
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Stop the nerfs
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Hagur
Re: HBO's Game of Thrones. [No Book Spoilers]
« Reply #675 on: April 30, 2013, 08:19:04 pm »
+1
Tot never had the chance to realize how awesome it was, considering he spent the whole first season just fapping and not actually listening.
hu what´s that wire series about ? Now im interested :D

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #676 on: April 30, 2013, 08:21:38 pm »
hu what´s that wire series about ? Now im interested :D

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0306414/

Just finished watching episode 5...those 5 seconds of two guys kissing in a dimly lit room really disgusted you that much tot?  Haha...

visitors can't see pics , please register or login
« Last Edit: April 30, 2013, 10:57:03 pm by CrazyCracka420 »
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Tot.

• Duke
  • Renown: 517
  • Infamy: 133
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: May 01, 2013, 03:48:44 am »
What I wrote is that I'm annoyed by crude implementation of elements in tv shows that were supposed to tell the viewer 'we're that hardcore, man!', ie. constant explicit nudity, those elements serve no purpose to the story. Now it seems having people of same sex making out joined that category.

You two retards apparently are unable to talk about it without implying that the person who brought the subject is a bundle of sticks (great logic here), so maybe grow up first and we might come back to it later.
Mods compatible with cRPG. New crosshairs, textures, sounds, yay.

Offline The_Bloody_Nine

• Marshall
  • Renown: 946
  • Infamy: 108
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • "I am still alive"
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: May 01, 2013, 04:04:42 am »
Do they seriously think enough gay people are watching this to make up for the people that just eyeroll in disgust or is it already the standard that in each primetime show there must be gay kissing regardless of how pointless storywise such scenes are?

I marked the crucial part of your post for you, tot.

you're welcome.

Offline Tot.

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: May 01, 2013, 04:18:11 am »
What about that part? Just look up the forums and check out the threads where people are unhappy about just having gay scenes in their favorite show in general. Risky move to include touchy subject like this, then again I guess that's what sells as they keep going with it even though it upsets part of their audience, even if that part are christards that get offended by anything.

Same case with dead children as for last episode, but this at least has some narrative value.

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #680 on: May 01, 2013, 04:38:42 am »
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0306414/

Just finished watching episode 5...those 5 seconds of two guys kissing in a dimly lit room really disgusted you that much tot?  Haha...
If that's the scene with Omar and that redhaired guy that shit was pretty fucking hot.
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Leesin

• King
  • Renown: 1009
  • Infamy: 230
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Leesin
« Reply #681 on: May 01, 2013, 04:54:43 am »
What about that part? Just look up the forums and check out the threads where people are unhappy about just having gay scenes in their favorite show in general. Risky move to include touchy subject like this, then again I guess that's what sells as they keep going with it even though it upsets part of their audience, even if that part are christards that get offended by anything.

Same case with dead children as for last episode, but this at least has some narrative value.

Mate, you're making out half of the episode was some massive my old friend gangbang, it wasn't, if it was I wouldn't watch it either. It was 5 seconds of my old friend on my old friend action and if that makes you decide the show sucks for that sole reason then I'm inclined to think you're not too comfortable with your own sexuality.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #682 on: May 01, 2013, 05:03:10 am »
You two retards apparently are unable to talk about it without implying that the person who brought the subject is a bundle of sticks (great logic here), so maybe grow up first and we might come back to it later.

With all due respect, this is coming from the person who is downvoting like crazy with rampant name-calling?

It's an online forum about internet horsies discussing an off-topic show which is also make-believe... Y'all need to chill. It's a silly show, some people like it, some don't, that is all there is to it.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • Renown: 1578
  • Infamy: 538
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lone Frog
  • Game nicks: Oberyn
« Reply #683 on: May 01, 2013, 05:21:08 am »
Tbf, the way Renly and Loras's sexuality in the show is portrayed is waaaaay different from the books. In the books it was more a persitent rumour and everyone knew they were gay as fuck, but they were still macho dudebros who embodied the most respected aspects of masculinity . This parody video gets it 100 percent right. http://youtu.be/dWgCMIg-E9Y from 1:26 to 2:13. It's like they had to make them super flamboyantly gay because...I dunno, it's somehow more acceptable?

Offline Anal Bleeding

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 105
  • Infamy: 132
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: May 01, 2013, 05:29:26 am »
remember in the Sopranos Vito Spatafore? HBO shows have had gays for a long time.
Spartacus and Game of Thrones take it to a new level of onscreen buttsex

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
« Reply #685 on: May 01, 2013, 10:25:54 am »
What I wrote is that I'm annoyed by crude implementation of elements in tv shows that were supposed to tell the viewer 'we're that hardcore, man!', ie. constant explicit nudity, those elements serve no purpose to the story. Now it seems having people of same sex making out joined that category.

It's in the book.

Well maybe not the gayness...that was pretty much made up in terms of open scenes. But most of the other naked/explicit scenes are. Like in the very first episode of GoT Viserys pretty much touching up Daenarys when she gets out of the bath. In the book.

Tbf, the way Renly and Loras's sexuality in the show is portrayed is waaaaay different from the books. In the books it was more a persitent rumour and everyone knew they were gay as fuck, but they were still macho dudebros who embodied the most respected aspects of masculinity . This parody video gets it 100 percent right. http://youtu.be/dWgCMIg-E9Y from 1:26 to 2:13. It's like they had to make them super flamboyantly gay because...I dunno, it's somehow more acceptable?

That's the one thing I was disappointed about with Renly. In the book he's portrayed as a younger, but almost exact replica of Robert. Stannis is the odd one out. But in the TV show he's depicted as a fairly weak, though likeable, full on gay guy.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2013, 10:28:58 am by Overdriven »

Offline Tot.

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: May 01, 2013, 05:18:28 pm »
Mate, you're making out half of the episode was some massive my old friend gangbang, it wasn't, if it was I wouldn't watch it either. It was 5 seconds of my old friend on my old friend action and if that makes you decide the show sucks for that sole reason then I'm inclined to think you're not too comfortable with your own sexuality.

Apparently you're just an idiot who can't read.

Offline The_Bloody_Nine

• Marshall
  • Renown: 946
  • Infamy: 108
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • "I am still alive"
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: May 01, 2013, 06:04:02 pm »
+1
tot  :rolleyes:

btw what I found very silly were the fetus jars in queen selyses chamber. What the fuck? I mean now everyone knows she is crazy but there had to me a more subtle way to show it.

Offline Anal Bleeding

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 105
  • Infamy: 132
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: May 01, 2013, 06:20:51 pm »
at least its not like Spartacus where they show a nice lesbian threesome and then cut to a homo buttsex rightaway.
leaves a person confused.

Offline Leesin

• King
  • Renown: 1009
  • Infamy: 230
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Leesin
« Reply #689 on: May 01, 2013, 08:52:47 pm »
Apparently you're just an idiot who can't read.

Nothing wrong with batting for the other team mate, embrace your true sexuality.