Author Topic: HBO's Game of Thrones. [No Book Spoilers]  (Read 187719 times)

Offline Moncho

• King
  • Renown: 1127
  • Infamy: 221
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Moncho, Some_Random_STF, Some_Random_Troll
Re: HBO's Game of Thrones. [No Book Spoilers]
« Reply #645 on: April 22, 2013, 11:59:08 pm »
Yeah that was a moment that I had been anticipating for a while, it is a great moment in the books as well.
Also, I am loving the character of Margaery, I do not recall her being so great in the books. Yet again, I have not read this one since a couple of years ago, and I have forgotten a lot of things (like Craster's fight, I believed Mormont would die much later).

Offline Leesin

• King
  • Renown: 1009
  • Infamy: 230
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Leesin
« Reply #646 on: April 23, 2013, 07:43:19 am »
Watched it before I went to work, fucking awesome episode, had me thinking about it during my shift and can't wait to see the next episode. Fucking lol'd at Theon getting owned.

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
« Reply #647 on: April 23, 2013, 07:47:52 am »
sweet! Praise that guy creating the languages, epic moment when danaerys starts speaking valyrian. holy shit that gave me the goosebumbs!

It was going great, then they rushed the dialogue with the UnSullied. it should have been more of a moment. If they were short on time, they should have cut some of the boring crap they toss in every episode. The first two episodes were rather forgettable. My wife watches them with me and completely forgot what happened in the 2nd episode a few days later (because not much happened). At least it is picking up steam now. The first couple of seasons were pretty much a great watch every show.
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: April 23, 2013, 08:16:30 am »
Pretty good EP, finally shit is starting to hit the fan

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
« Reply #649 on: April 23, 2013, 09:09:35 am »
+1
Yeah that was a moment that I had been anticipating for a while, it is a great moment in the books as well.
Also, I am loving the character of Margaery, I do not recall her being so great in the books. Yet again, I have not read this one since a couple of years ago, and I have forgotten a lot of things (like Craster's fight, I believed Mormont would die much later).

I love Margaery as well. She's very clever. In the books it does bring all this up but only in passing comments. It never elaborates on it but it does say the populace of Kings Landing love her and that she knew how to approach Joffrey. I just loving seeing Cersei getting her position usurped but in the books that only really happens towards the last one.

That was a good episode. Watched it twice now. I'm looking forward to the fight with the Hound. Always felt kind of sorry for the guy in the books. Should be awesome though. And yeah when Daenerys starts speaking in valryian it is pretty cool. I imagine that's the CGI dragon budget done for the season though  :lol:

I also liked Vary's little sorcerer scene with Tyrion. He has a great way of making a point. The speech about his influence building slowly over years and then hitting home the point by opening the box. Thought that was good writing and don't remember it from the books.

Mormont dying does happen at Craster's. But I think the reason this seems earlier is because in the books it focuses a lot more on Sam struggling to get back and keep up with the group and becoming Sam the 'Slayer'. What I'm curious about is when they are going to introduce that scene. Because it happens when they are struggling to get back to Craster's. They've skipped forward a whole lot on that story and now Sam will be running with Gilly.

Offline The_Bloody_Nine

• Marshall
  • Renown: 946
  • Infamy: 108
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • "I am still alive"
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: April 23, 2013, 01:52:58 pm »
It was going great, then they rushed the dialogue with the UnSullied. it should have been more of a moment. If they were short on time, they should have cut some of the boring crap they toss in every episode. The first two episodes were rather forgettable. My wife watches them with me and completely forgot what happened in the 2nd episode a few days later (because not much happened). At least it is picking up steam now. The first couple of seasons were pretty much a great watch every show.

couldn't disagree more. this episode would be nothing if they hadn't set it up all carefully and enrich characters.

It's the same with the books. People say Storm of swords was great but then it got crap. Wait till it's finished, the next books will be so epic with everything set up in book 4 and 5. And it can only be great because of the careful preparation.

as for the scene I thought it was well-timed. The only thing i would have hoped for was a bit extended scenery how they freed the whole city and killed all the masters,  probably would have been too expensive.

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
« Reply #651 on: April 23, 2013, 05:30:25 pm »
couldn't disagree more. this episode would be nothing if they hadn't set it up all carefully and enrich characters.

It's the same with the books. People say Storm of swords was great but then it got crap. Wait till it's finished, the next books will be so epic with everything set up in book 4 and 5. And it can only be great because of the careful preparation.

as for the scene I thought it was well-timed. The only thing i would have hoped for was a bit extended scenery how they freed the whole city and killed all the masters,  probably would have been too expensive.

You've got to be kidding me. "You're not slaves anymore, you're free! Who wants to fight for me?" *Thump thump*

More inspirational dramatic speech was demanded for that scene. They could have cut 15 seconds from some other far less important non-turning point from either of the first 2 episodes and put it into the time alloted for that one  :rolleyes:
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

Offline Anal Bleeding

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 105
  • Infamy: 132
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: April 23, 2013, 06:24:40 pm »
this is when the story really starts falling apart.

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: April 29, 2013, 02:16:13 pm »
+1
Woop naked Ygritte finally!

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • Renown: 1578
  • Infamy: 538
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lone Frog
  • Game nicks: Oberyn
« Reply #654 on: April 29, 2013, 03:05:35 pm »
+2
Bathtub scene with Brienne and Jaime was fucking good. Favorite scene of the last episode. It was practically verbatim translation of the book scene. Queen of Thorns has been expanded a lot compared to how often she appears in the books, but I gotta be honest fucking love her. The actress is perfect for the character.

Offline Lars

• Earl
  • Renown: 346
  • Infamy: 34
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: April 29, 2013, 06:43:43 pm »
Ah that fire guy...

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 29, 2013, 06:56:37 pm by Lars »

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: April 29, 2013, 07:01:06 pm »
Bathtub scene with Brienne and Jaime was fucking good. Favorite scene of the last episode. It was practically verbatim translation of the book scene. Queen of Thorns has been expanded a lot compared to how often she appears in the books, but I gotta be honest fucking love her. The actress is perfect for the character.

Yeah the Queen of Thorns is almost exactly as I imagined her. Definitely one of the best parts of this series. Also love Tywin. Can never get enough of that guy. Utterly ruthless, an out right bastard but would make a brilliant King.

Offline Moncho

• King
  • Renown: 1127
  • Infamy: 221
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Moncho, Some_Random_STF, Some_Random_Troll
« Reply #657 on: April 29, 2013, 07:04:48 pm »
Nice episode, I always suffer to see the people make the mistakes that I know are going to come (and seem so obvious from outside), also got to love the look on the schemers when they get outmanoeuvred. Especially Cercei, she should not be trying to play the game with the people who actually know how to...

Offline Banok

• Duke
  • Renown: 521
  • Infamy: 215
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: April 29, 2013, 07:35:09 pm »
+2
yeah the tub scene was great. Seems like the best scenes/dialogue are the ones straight from the book, possibly bias I guess.

Offline Anal Bleeding

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 105
  • Infamy: 132
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: April 29, 2013, 07:40:08 pm »
Dr4g0nz vs z0mb13z