Author Topic: HBO's Game of Thrones. [No Book Spoilers]  (Read 162486 times)

Offline Mr_Oujamaflip

• Earl
  • Renown: 322
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • Ouj Reviews!
Re: HBO's Game of Thrones. [No Book Spoilers]
« Reply #2610 on: June 20, 2016, 05:59:02 pm »
+1
What bothered me was how quickly everyone died and how nobody in the initial fight seemed to have arsed to bring a shield to the battle. Also the massive mountains of corpses seemed unreasonable and Jon's plot armour was showing a bit too much. Also it looked like there was far less troops in the battle than 2000 vs 6000.

I actually liked the scene at the end where the spears were closing in and Jon's troops got really clamped together.

I don't think it was plot armour, I think that's him being blessed by the fire god dude. He won't die until the god decides it's time.

Offline Bittersteel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 919
  • Infamy: 199
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Créme
  • Game nicks: Tybalt_von_Krems, Lennart_Bladh
  • IRC nick: Bittersteel
« Reply #2611 on: June 20, 2016, 06:37:29 pm »
+1
What the fuck was up with those 20ft body piles?

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2612 on: June 20, 2016, 06:37:56 pm »
+1
Overall the episode was great but yet again we get cringe inducing scenes with our beloved lady heroes blond-smirk-face-chick and orange-smirk-face-chick. At least Yara is less annoying than those two, gotta respect that brute lesbo power.

Other than that everything else was already mentioned:
- thanks sansa for telling about your secret backup army
- that fucking huge pile of corpses lel, I guess someone mid battle decided to tidy up the battlefield?
- doneryz with her super control of her otherwise wild dragons, by now i think she's controlling them with her stupid ass smirk, people, dragons and everything alike falter to that smirk and stop raping instantly.
- girl power continues across all continents of GoT
« Last Edit: June 20, 2016, 06:42:10 pm by Vibe »

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
« Reply #2613 on: June 20, 2016, 08:33:41 pm »
Rewatched it. Definitely one of the best episodes in a long long time. Even if there was a serious amount of plot armour and ride of the Rohirrim to boot.

Jon Snow has like no army left now though. Will he suddenly pull Stark men out of his arse. Otherwise, he's going to be consolidating his rule for quite a few years.

What the fuck was up with those 20ft body piles?

- that fucking huge pile of corpses lel, I guess someone mid battle decided to tidy up the battlefield?

I'm glad someone else noticed that. That really irked me that they go from fighting in an open field to suddenly having these random, neatly piled stacks of bodies.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2016, 08:46:18 pm by Overdriven »

Offline Taser

• King
  • Renown: 1447
  • Infamy: 82
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TKoV
  • Game nicks: Alfred_Taser_of_TKoV
« Reply #2614 on: June 20, 2016, 08:49:42 pm »
+2
Definitely an entertaining episode but damn if Sansa isn't becoming an ice queen. Smirking as her brother and his army is being destroyed. I assume she did this in order to ensure Jon wouldn't have much to work with when she makes sure she has winterfell not him. I'd like to see a Jon vs Sansa war but I don't think it'll last long nor do I see Jon trying to do it. North is united and any more casualties would be wasteful. He'd want to put whatever's left towards the Night King and consolidating power.

Tyrion doing his business as usual. I do want to know what the hell they were going to do if the dragons were hit as they were flying stationary in the air while surrounded by floating catapult ships.

No mention of King's Landing but that'll be all episode 10 I assume. Wunderbar.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 376
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: Jona, Siegafried
« Reply #2615 on: June 20, 2016, 09:27:24 pm »
+1
Definitely an entertaining episode but damn if Sansa isn't becoming an ice queen. Smirking as her brother and his army is being destroyed. I assume she did this in order to ensure Jon wouldn't have much to work with when she makes sure she has winterfell not him. I'd like to see a Jon vs Sansa war but I don't think it'll last long nor do I see Jon trying to do it. North is united and any more casualties would be wasteful. He'd want to put whatever's left towards the Night King and consolidating power.

Tyrion doing his business as usual. I do want to know what the hell they were going to do if the dragons were hit as they were flying stationary in the air while surrounded by floating catapult ships.

No mention of King's Landing but that'll be all episode 10 I assume. Wunderbar.

I was really hoping that the season would end with Cersei walking around a burning king's landing, and she would stumble upon Jaime as he returned home only to find his son Tommen burnt to a crisp. He asks her who did this and she says "me" at which point he takes care of her the same way he took care of the mad king. That, or maybe he gets back to king's landing to put a stop to the burning right before it happens, just like he did all those years ago. The previous episodes kept reminding us that "everything he does is for his one true love" so it'd be nice to see him finally realize she's a demonspawn and put an end to her madness. Based on the preview for next week's episode it unfortunately seems like Jaime will randomly be chilling with the Freys instead... can only hope that maybe the finale ends with King's Landing in flames and then episode 1 opens with him arriving.

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • Renown: 1492
  • Infamy: 859
  • cRPG Player
  • Jesus is the savior of Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #2616 on: June 20, 2016, 09:39:09 pm »
I'd rather see it end with either the Wall falling down or Tower Of Joy ending being shown to end this season.

Offline Leesin

• King
  • Renown: 1009
  • Infamy: 230
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Leesin
« Reply #2617 on: June 20, 2016, 09:47:59 pm »
+1
Anyone else think it looks like Sansa is going to become another plot armour queen and everything is going to be ruled by Women now? like seriously wtf, she sat there smirking because she knows it was her that saved the day, every fucking major turn seems to be favouring the women, without a doubt she will use that to gain power. It seemed fucking retarded for Jon Snow to mindlessly charge like that, he does have a rage to his character but over the seasons I felt he had become quite smart, even after Sansa warning him and saying Rickon is pretty much dead anyway, yet he just stupidly charges into that army bringing his army with him, it's like they have to suddenly make the men dumber and the women smarter. Plus when they all just stand there and let themselves get surrounded by that lame shield-pikewall, the battle was pretty cool up until then, then it became a cringe fest, with that wall of corpses.

I love GoT but the TV show feels like it is suddenly being written by feminists who are edging a little on the femi-chocolate chip cookie side.

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #2618 on: June 20, 2016, 09:48:25 pm »
Doubt we will see Tower of Joy as Bran doesn't have a tree at the moment.

Still to early for the wall as well. I don't want to give any more excuses for Daenrys to save the day. If they do it now it will be timed for her to make her glorious return to Westeros and hand the whitewalkers arses to them.

Though I suspect they will still finish with a Daenry's glorious moment. Probably setting sail with dragon's flying overhead.

Anyone else think it looks like Sansa is going to become another plot armour queen and everything is going to be ruled by Women now? like seriously wtf, she sat there smirking because she knows it was her that saved the day, every fucking major turn seems to be favouring the women, without a doubt she will use that to gain power. It seemed fucking retarded for Jon Snow to mindlessly charge like that, he does have a rage to his character but over the seasons I felt he had become quite smart, even after Sansa warning him and saying Rickon is pretty much dead anyway, yet he just stupidly charges into that army bringing his army with him, it's like they have to suddenly make the men dumber and the women smarter. Plus when they all just stand there and let themselves get surrounded by that lame shield-pikewall, the battle was pretty cool up until then, then it became a cringe fest, with that wall of corpses.

I love GoT but the TV show feels like it is suddenly being written by feminists who are edging a little on the femi-chocolate chip cookie side.

Yup considering his pretty well planned defence of the wall against the wildlings, the fact he saw Ygritte die and didn't go nuts it was all just a planned setup for more girl power.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2016, 09:52:41 pm by Overdriven »

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2619 on: June 20, 2016, 10:07:17 pm »
Doubt we will see Tower of Joy as Bran doesn't have a tree at the moment.

Don't read if u don't wanna be spoiled:
(click to show/hide)

As for the gurlpoooower stuff. Well....atleast we got the books.

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #2620 on: June 20, 2016, 10:23:13 pm »
Well guess Bran might pull a tree out his arse then!

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 376
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: Jona, Siegafried
« Reply #2621 on: June 20, 2016, 10:40:02 pm »
Well guess Bran might pull a tree out his arse then!

I think he was sitting at the base of a weirwood in the preview, iirc. Also I guess that'd be a good "wow!" moment to end the season on for all the non-book readers out there, but for us who have known it's been coming for years it just doesn't seem like last-shot-of-the-season-worthy material. Unless something big goes down at Kings Landing next week, I feel like the finale is gonna be really weak, there just isn't much else that they can touch upon for most of the character arcs after what already happened last episode. The best thing I can think of would be the Ironborn meeting up with Dany (and the fighting that would ensue), but not only would I much rather never see her again, I feel like they'd rather save that for next season.

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador

Offline Mr_Oujamaflip

• Earl
  • Renown: 322
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • Ouj Reviews!
« Reply #2622 on: June 20, 2016, 10:47:47 pm »

Also if Wun Wun could tank all those arrows after breaking the door down at Winterfell why didn't he just charge through the wall and get the rest to follow, shieldwall broken. GG.

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2623 on: June 20, 2016, 10:49:51 pm »
Also if Wun Wun could tank all those arrows after breaking the door down at Winterfell why didn't he just charge through the wall and get the rest to follow, shieldwall broken. GG.

I'm wondering more why Ramsay didn't just gather his remaining men and armed them all with bows/crossbows and position them in front of the gate to rain down fire on every fucker who came through there.

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #2624 on: June 20, 2016, 10:53:59 pm »

Yup another of my gripes that giant could have bloody well just run through them all and there's bugger all they could have done. That pike/shield wall was so thin it would have been simple.

But no Wun Wun is the gentle giant.

I'm wondering more why Ramsay didn't just gather his remaining men and armed them all with bows/crossbows and position them in front of the gate to rain down fire on every fucker who came through there.

I was also wondering where Ramsey's archers went to in the battle. They just kinda magically vanished unless they were the swordsmen fighting at the top of that pile of bodies. I wouldn't have thought they'd be out of arrows that quickly. Not with ready supplies coming out of Winterfell. They could have happily shot those remaining guys to pieces whilst they were surrounded. He clearly doesn't give a fuck about hitting his own men.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2016, 10:58:16 pm by Overdriven »